Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone from the Atlanta info session got an interview email?

Comment

• Fury1508
      Fury1508 commented
      Editing a comment
      I was in Atlanta on the 26th of July and I still haven't heard anything at all. I sure hope they are reserving us some slots for interviews. I heard the location options to interview are limited and it is on a first come first serve basis. I guess we get the last pick lol. At this point, though I am willing to go as far as they want. Waiting on the email has been driving me crazy!

• parkscout93
      parkscout93 commented
      Editing a comment
      July 26, and you haven't heard anything? I attended the session in Portland, ME on September 4, and I interviewed 2 days ago. I think they forgot about you all.

• MRAGE10
      MRAGE10 commented
      Editing a comment
      I attended Macon on 31July and still nothing.

• JWilliams6
      JWilliams6 commented
      Editing a comment
      I attended the Macon session as well on 31 July. I have been scheduled for an interview this week.

• Current Timeline: Wave 2

Info Session: 5/17
    Interview: 6/27
    Assessment: 8/21
    Referral: 9/10
    TOL: 9/10
    UA: 10/28
    Medical: 11/6
    Medical Follow-Up: 11/25
    Background:?
    FIT:?
    FO:?

Good luck everybody.

Comment

• Lunytunezpr
      Lunytunezpr commented
      Editing a comment
      What do you mean by medical follow up?

• Finesse
      Finesse commented
      Editing a comment
      Not sure. Took it in D.C and the nurse told me to come back to talk to the doctor about my results on the 25th. I have no medical issues and I am in perfect health so I should be good.

• Lunytunezpr
      Lunytunezpr commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh ok. That’s weird. I saw the doc and did all the tests within two days. Tuesday and came back on a Thursday to see doc, etc..

• Texan2050
      Texan2050 commented
      Editing a comment
      From my experience the follow up is usually to read the TB test, or if they have any concerns will send you to see another doctor on your own dime for further consideration

• Deleted comment
    Last edited by Lunytunezpr; 11-12-2019, 07:15 AM.

Comment

• Anyone know if the USMS will accept a TS clearance from the DoD? Mine was recently adjudicated, so i'm hoping the USMS will see that it's a fresh investigation and will adjudicate it without opening their own investigation.

Comment

• beauonly
        beauonly commented
        Editing a comment
        They took mine. They reciprocate so if it meets the requirements you wint have to redo an sf86 or anything.

• Donjuan85657
        Donjuan85657 commented
        Editing a comment
        You only need a High Risk Public Trust background to get into FLETC and then they request a Secret for you once you graduate; hence the SF-86 for your background. A TS is above and beyond what you need. I am sure you are good to go.

• Levithane
        Levithane commented
        Editing a comment
        If you have an SSBI/Tier 5 background it should transfer over. At the time I went to an info session I recall they stated it had to be through OPM for it to carry over. DOD is in charge of backgrounds now so it may or may not carry over.

• Medical today. Standard, straight forward fed physical. TB test needed to be read by doc, nurse, cvs minute clinic...etc and results faxed back by Friday morning. Good luck to all still in the process.

Comment

• Merlyn0
        Merlyn0 commented
        Editing a comment
        Where'd you get your immunization records? I have barely been to the doc since active duty and I think I got another tetanus shot at the Border Patrol Academy. I do my drug test tomorrow and waiting for the email with med appt location.

• Sgt0844
        Sgt0844 commented
        Editing a comment
        I had to dig back to childhood medical records. You need to bring something with you but wouldn’t stress too much about it. I’d think some sort of medical paperwork would do the trick especially the immunizations from boot camp.

• When ya'll think were gunna take this FIT test? Wave 1

Comment

• beauonly
        beauonly commented
        Editing a comment
        somewhere around 90 days of your class date

• Tx21
        Tx21 commented
        Editing a comment
        Im thinking someone will get contacted in the next 2 weeks....im sure my background was sent off at the end of October or beginning of November. I may still have some time until adjudication though.

• mikedaly50
        mikedaly50 commented
        Editing a comment
        beauonly not funny lol! Tx21 i hope you are right and i i know mine was sent off around that time as well and my investigator told me and i quote "your investigation is rushed" so we'll see!

• DB9173
        DB9173 commented
        Editing a comment
        USMS always “rush” the backgrounds otherwise they will take forever.

• I heard they’re trying to do a bunch of USMS classes next year at fletc and I trust the person who told me. That being said what are people’s opinions about how quickly the process will move along?

Comment

• beauonly
        beauonly commented
        Editing a comment
        I think my issue is that I didn't want to believe that the October was a FY2020 class, so yes, there are five left this FY.

Kmiech I'm not entitled to much, but I am entitled to drive myself crazy super-analyzing my application process! LOL. Have you taken the FIT in the last few weeks in advance of a January class? I imagine you're one of the last 2017ers in the process at this point... no bad feelings, of course. Hopefully we'll all laugh about this in January...

• Kmiech
        Kmiech commented
        Editing a comment
        I’m not saying you’re entitled beau, just relax lol. With the new changes to the position, we all want to begin this career. I’m done stressing over if they will call or not. I’ve just accepted that they are a prestigious agency and just because you finish the process doesn’t guarantee a job offer. Stay physically fit and be ready for the call without the stress. My old coworker made one of the October classes and he said it’s no joke physically. He’s in great shape.

• quick_turn
        quick_turn commented
        Editing a comment
        Kmiech can you share anything about what your coworker said about the physical aspect of class at FLETC? Is it the PT or is it the combatives/grappling part?
        Last edited by quick_turn; 11-18-2019, 09:58 AM.

• Kmiech
        Kmiech commented
        Editing a comment
        PT. Running and calisthenics

• I have been told that they’re trying to get people turned around and ready for a class in 12 months. Could possibly get in a class quicker if you have a current gov clearance. They’re hurting for bodies and need to push people through quick.

Comment

• Njw85
        Njw85 commented
        Editing a comment
        Hopeful,

A buddy of mine is there as we speak. They have their own room, don’t always believe what you hear. It’s packed but some folks are receiving their own room. The first week they stayed in a hotel.

• FEDDI
        FEDDI commented
        Editing a comment
        I stayed at a hotel while at FLETC. Nice in some ways because instructors aren’t waking you up at 4am to PT. Also a pain in the *** to go back and forth for meals, gym etc. on weekends. Just my two sense

• BuffBills123
        BuffBills123 commented
        Editing a comment
        FEDDI
        They said in my info session it would take a total of 9 months from date of session to call for FLETC date. I thought I was dreaming when I heard it. To the USMS credit, they seem to be upholding that timeline. For anyone else who has been in government hiring processes before, this process is moving at warp speed.

Wave 2
        5/22/19: Information Session
        6/19/19: Interview
        8/22/19: Online assessment
        9/10/19: Referred for hire
        9/26/19: TOL
        10/29/19: Drug test
        11/6/19: Medical
        Last edited by BuffBills123; 11-17-2019, 05:08 PM.

• Sgt0844
        Sgt0844 commented
        Editing a comment
        Timing is key with FLETC. Last time I was there from Feb-June. The chow hall was not crowded at first but slowly got packed. It also depends on when you get to the chow hall. If you're fortunate enough to get there a couple minutes before open times, you're golden, no wait. I would personally skip breakfast and lunch during training days and go back to my room for lunch and make a pb&j or something. We also had our own rooms but once again could have been good timing.
        Last edited by Sgt0844; 11-18-2019, 06:02 PM.

• I received my TOL in late September of this year and completed my medical last week. It seems like they’re moving pretty fast. Good luck to everyone the rest of the way.

Comment

• Scheduled my medical guys. Going the QTC route so i don’t have to drive 4 hours for both of my appointments. Now it’ll just be a 20 minute drive lol here’s my timeline though...

Info session: 5/17/19 (Philadelphia)
        Interview: 6/17/19 (Philadelphia)
        USA jobs application/assessment: 8/20/19
        Referral: 9/10/19
        TOL: 9/17/19
        Drug Test: 9/25/19
        Medical: 11/20/19
        Medical follow up: 11/22/19
        Background:
        FIT:

Comment

• NiteLite916
          NiteLite916 commented
          Editing a comment
          I wasn't given the option of the QTC route or the other way, I was just instructed the QTC route. I got an email today indicating I needed to complete another portion of the vision exam that the initial doctor visit missed or didn't cover. So I have been delayed on the medical for a month as of today.

• quick_turn
          quick_turn commented
          Editing a comment
          Alright2015 I was in Philly info session too

• Updated Timeline

Info session: 12/03/18 (Dallas)
        Interview: 04/02/19 (Dallas)
        Referral: 05/28/19
        TOL: 07/31/19
        Drug Test: 9/25/19
        Medical: 10/15/19
        Medical follow up: 10/17/19
        Background Interview w/Investigator: 11/01/19
        Background Investigator followed up with all contacts listed in SF85 between 11/04/219 - 11/15/19
        Secondary Vision Exam: 11/20/19
        FIT:

Comment

• NiteLite916
          NiteLite916 commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes, that was in September around the 16th.

• Donjuan85657
          Donjuan85657 commented
          Editing a comment
          So it’s an SF85...not an SF86?

• Sgt0844
          Sgt0844 commented
          Editing a comment
          I was going to say equip before medical ??? But also I wouldn’t doubt that the way everyone has a different timeline

• NiteLite916
          NiteLite916 commented
          Editing a comment
          SF86* (Typo off of a cell phone). Yes, I did the e-QIP before the medical.

• For those who have submitted the eqip and had your background interview already. How long did it take for the investigator to get in contact with you from the time you submitted eqip? I submitted mine on October 25th. Anxiously waiting, don’t want to miss that call. I basically stare at my phone all day.

Comment

• Tx21
          Tx21 commented
          Editing a comment
          Submitted 9/27 and had my interview 10/22

• Aseyesee
          Aseyesee commented
          Editing a comment
          Same, I would say a little over two week mark!

• Willowandrosco
          Willowandrosco commented
          Editing a comment
          Tx21 Aseyesee thanks guys! I’ll be patient.

• So what has everyone's deal been in regards to OSP-BIB contacting you after you submitted the paperwork at the time of the TOL? In terms of time frames. Medical was completed last week.

Comment

• Ceann
          Ceann commented
          Editing a comment
          Submitted my TOL paperwork 31 Jul. Got an email 16 September from a guy in the background branch asking for me to resend it because they couldn’t find the first email. Haven’t heard from them since. Finished medical in September.

• Hi everyone, first time posting on this thread.

Just received my TOL a few days ago, and I thought I'd give my timeline and background for you.

Schedule B, Wave 3
        Info Session (Hammond, IN): June '19
        Interview: Aug '19
        Apply/Assessment: Sept '19
        Referred: Oct '19
        TOL: Nov '19

Currently 32 y/o. I have around 8 years of Law Enforcement experience with three years federal (0083) and five with a local PD. I have a bachelors degree and currently working toward a masters (about 2/3 complete!). I left the PD about two years ago for a corporate security gig but since I left I've really missed the job, so I though I'd give it another go. The Marshals was an agency I was really hoping to get picked up by before I took the corporate position so I'm hoping I get the chance this time around.

Good luck to you all!

Comment

• Peacemaker27
          Peacemaker27 commented
          Editing a comment
          I’m on the same timeline as you, do you currently hold a clearance? Did you get any confirmation from the Background folks that they received your TOL paperwork when you submitted it ?

• P_K
          P_K commented
          Editing a comment
          No current clearance, and I haven't received any confirmation form them yet. I just submitted all my signed paperwork yesterday though.

• NiteLite916
          NiteLite916 commented
          Editing a comment
          Hey guys just food for thought so yall don't worry yourselves to death. They don't tell you or confirm anything in this process for you. At least based off of my experience and the experience of others in this process. They are on their own timeline. I know the TOL said 45 days for this and 45 days for this but........that really was not consistent with many people I have talked to on here.

My advice like many others have said..........forget you applied and keep working out and making yourself the best you can be so when they do contact you, you can be prepared.

• For those who have finished your medical, did you get a confirmation when your medical cleared? I completed my mine last week and am wondering if I will get some sort of confirmation.

Comment

• tc292834
          tc292834 commented
          Editing a comment
          In my experience there is no confirmation or notification of a pass.

• beauonly
          beauonly commented
          Editing a comment
          tc292834 is correct. They will only notify you if they need further information. Otherwise you wont get notification until you reach the next step.

• Michael Scarn
          Michael Scarn commented
          Editing a comment
          Ok thanks for the information

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5098 users online. 289 members and 4809 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X