Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wave 4, info session Atlanta, Georgia in July. Haven’t heard anything about an interview yet. Wave 5 has heard back? Does this mean I should just look forward to the next hiring announcement? And don’t expect to hear back for an interview for this one?

Comment

• Donjuan85657
      Donjuan85657 commented
      Editing a comment
      I would reach out to your recruiter

• Levithane
      Levithane commented
      Editing a comment
      I doubt the recruiter would have the information regarding interviews, because the vast majority of the process is organized by HR. You can reach out to HR, but they'll most likely just tell you that you are an active applicant. Two things could have happened:
      -They deemed you not qualified after submitting information at the info session.
      -Your area just isn't conducting interviews yet, despite you being in Wave 4.

I said this in a previous post, but go about your business as if you never applied. The process seems to be all over the place. As I previously stated theres people from Wave 1 and 2 who haven't heard anything after interviewing. It seems pretty common to complete a step then not hear anything for awhile.

• MRAGE10
      MRAGE10 commented
      Editing a comment
      I am wave 4 out of Macon and haven’t heard anything either. Maybe they just haven’t started in our area yet.

• WilliamB275
      WilliamB275 commented
      Editing a comment
      I was told that a second wave of interviews emails would be going out (no time frame on that). And that if they have no attention of interviewing you they will send an email saying so. No news is good news.

• **deleted**
    Last edited by FNG41YR; 10-28-2019, 10:29 AM.

Comment

• appears that GA invites haven’t been sent out unless somehow we are all under qualified which I doubt it true.

Comment

• HowardTheDuck84
        HowardTheDuck84 commented
        Editing a comment
        I received my interview email a few weeks ago. I attend the interview November 5th, 2019 at 08:30. I applied in July 2018 and referred as Best Qualified Applicant after I took my assessment. Hopefully the rest of the process is much faster than waiting for an interview for almost a year and a half. I reside in Georgia.

• **deleted**
      Last edited by Tx21; 11-07-2019, 09:12 PM.

Comment

• Wave 2, check your emails

Comment

• normal_guy
          normal_guy commented
          Editing a comment
          ***Deleted ***
          Last edited by normal_guy; 10-29-2019, 09:48 AM.

• Just an update on my current timeline:

Wave 2 (2019)

5/21/19- Info Session
        6/24/19- Interview
        8/21/19- USAJobs online application/assessment
        9/17/19- COE/TOL
        9/25/19- Drug test
        10/25/19- Notification for medical

11/12/19- Medical
        Last edited by Sgt0844; 10-30-2019, 07:48 AM.

Comment

• Donjuan85657
          Donjuan85657 commented
          Editing a comment
          No more Assessment test?

• FEDDI
          FEDDI commented
          Editing a comment
          What wave are you?

• Sgt0844
          Sgt0844 commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes assessment/test was completed around time of online invite.

Wave 2

• Donjuan85657
          Donjuan85657 commented
          Editing a comment
          Got it. Thanks. Appreciate the update of the timeline also lol.

• Has anyone, for USMS or other federal LEO agencies in major metros where cost of living (rent!) is ridiculous, heard of Deputies or Agents getting housing grants or rental assistance? Just thinking about GS5 slalary for scenarios like DC, LA, NYC, etc.

Comment

• quick_turn
          quick_turn commented
          Editing a comment
          FEDDI depending on the city there are often grants or housing vouchers available for those who fall below the median income for that metro and specific zip code. So, for example, if you fall below 40 to 60% of median income for an area, you can possibly qualify for a grant or voucher. They are only available for certain buildings (and actually a lot of new buildings have to rent to a certain portion of low-income in order to build in high density areas). Look up the public housing authority for your metro. https://affordablehousingonline.com can also give you an overview of what’s available in your metro.

• quick_turn
          quick_turn commented
          Editing a comment
          I’m trying to plan for GS5 salary. Thinking multiple roommates or perhaps a housing voucher if I end up in a metro.

• beauonly
          beauonly commented
          Editing a comment
          On the positive side, with Ramen noodle packets being 13 cents a piece we could eat three square (literal) meals a day for an entire year for just $142 and some change. Saves plenty of money for protein powder and Bang energy drinks.

• RedBeardRanger
          RedBeardRanger commented
          Editing a comment
          Typically no assistance available. Many Deputies in major metro areas house together or embrace the suck and commute. It is not uncommon for Deputies in places like NYC to commute 1:30 - 2 hours one way. Nature of the beast when you are starting out.

• Any wave three folks who interviewed in Denver get their TOL yet?

Comment

• Peacemaker27 , I am wave 3 and interviewed in Denver and received my TOL last week

Comment

• illini372
            illini372 commented
            Editing a comment
            Wave 3 here. Interviewed in DC and yet to receive a TOL.

• Sb15s36
            Sb15s36 commented
            Editing a comment
            Wave 3, chicago interview on 8/22/19, referred on 10/2/19. I have not received a TOL either.

• KS342
            KS342 commented
            Editing a comment
            Wave 3 and I also interviewed in Chicago. I have not received a TOL either. I’m sure they will be coming shortly.

• SSgtPMO
            SSgtPMO commented
            Editing a comment
            Wave 3 Chicago interview August 22nd. No results on my interview. Good luck to you gents.

• I applied in July 2018 on USA Jobs and took the online assessment. Referred as Best Qualified Applicant October 2018, but didn't hear back until last month I received an email for an interview on November 5th, 2019. How does everyone know what wave they are in? I currently reside in Georgia. I'm assuming the waves are by where you applied and live at?

Comment

• Mtn hkr
            Mtn hkr commented
            Editing a comment
            Wave # should be in your email for interview.

• Levithane
            Levithane commented
            Editing a comment
            "July 2018 announcement", I think schedule B is the only one that has wave numbers.

• antonuccinj
            antonuccinj commented
            Editing a comment
            I think you applied under a different announcement. There was a 2018 recent graduate announcement. There is a a separate thread for that. The “wave numbers” only refer to those who applied under the schedule B announcement.

• USMC_UNCW
            USMC_UNCW commented
            Editing a comment
            Sounds like you’re not in Schedule B but in a hiring for a specific location.

• Watsup guys. Received email to schedule medical on Friday. Have a quick question, if anybody knows the answer please let me know. Ok so the closest office i can go to is 4 hours away. When i called the office they said that I’ll have to go there twice, for the medical and for the doctor to see me too. That’s ALOT of driving. 16 hours total. Also don’t want to call out of work too much especially with holidays coming up. So i emailed back the US Marshals medical team and they understood and gave me the option to go the QTC route and it will be a much closer location to me. Has anybody used QTC or have heard any bad things about them because I’ve never heard of QTC lol any helpful information will help! Thanks!

Comment

• beauonly
            beauonly commented
            Editing a comment
            I am not sure what the QTC option is.... but I was in a similar position and was able to take my TB reading at my local doctors office and email a form to the medical office. My drive wasn't 4 hours one way though... dayum.

• EternalOptimist
            EternalOptimist commented
            Editing a comment
            Alright2015 I went through QTC, the appointment was sooner than FOH and it was only one appointment versus two. It hasn’t been that long since I completed it, so I can’t say for sure it was better in terms of outcome, (ie. secondary medical) but so far so good. What I mean by that is that after QTC it has to be seen by a FOH doctor, so I think it’s more likely to get sent to secondary if QTC does it since that’s a different step.

• NiteLite916
            NiteLite916 commented
            Editing a comment
            I did QTC but wasn’t given the option for any other way. The provider I went to did all my exams in 1 day and I came back in 48 hours to have the TB test read.

Then got an email two days ago stating that QTC didn’t receive all of my test records from the provider. After overcoming that battle I believe QTC now has all of my necessary records from the provider.

• GenesisPure1
            GenesisPure1 commented
            Editing a comment
            Just take the quicker option. I'm not sure what QTC is but when I joined my agency I was told I could go to FOH instead of the agency Doctor for my medical to avoid the extra travel. Had I taken that option instead of making the trip to the agency Doc I wouldn't have been hired because they stopped hiring around the same time my appointment would have been scheduled several weeks later.

• beauonly ok cool thanks a lot man.
          EternalOptimist ok cool sounds like a good plan to me, i think I’m going to go that route. Thanks a lot for that info!

Comment

• More movement again for Wave 2. Process is moving quick. Watch those emails and junk folders.

Comment

• quick_turn
              quick_turn commented
              Editing a comment
              Yep just got medical appointment email.

• Did you receive an email?

Comment

• BuffBills123
              BuffBills123 commented
              Editing a comment
              Yes, I received drug test email and medical email shortly after.

• Justice 2020 budget was passed today just fyi.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11147 users online. 420 members and 10727 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X