Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When y’all say TOL is it an actual letter in the mail? Or is it through email? I am wave 3 and was referred on 10/02. No TOL as of right now.

Comment

• beauonly
      beauonly commented
      Editing a comment
      Mine was digital.

• Kinda not related to the hiring cadence but another reminder of one of the functions of the USMS.

U.S. Marshals in Eastern California are auctioning off 150 pretty sweet cars this weekend as part of a civil federal case against a defunct solar company that was said to have scammed over 1 billion from investors. Cars that will be sold include quite a few high end luxury cars, a giant tour bus, numerous extremely rare classic cars, a few crappy Fiats, and one 1978 Pontiac Trans AM once owned by the late Burt Reynolds which reportedly has less than 3,400 miles on it.

It is the largest single-owner car auction ever held by U.S. Marshals. Not a bad time to be stationed in the district of Eastern California.

Auction site: https://appletowing.hibid.com/catalo...n-10-26-2019/?
    US Marshal Flickr site with pictures: https://www.flickr.com/photos/usmarshals/albums

Comment

• quick_turn good o'le asset forfeiture. You'd be surprised how many legitimate 1811 gigs do not have statutory authority to conduct asset forfeiture, thus they rely on the Marshal's or another agency for it. I've seen cases where they looped another agency in on an investigation just because they (the originating investigative agency) did not have asset forfeiture authority should it come to that point. It really is fascinating. The only thing more fascinating is what they (DOJ) charges for asset forfeiture services to other agencies. In one case I heard $9,000 per month to seize and store a car.

Comment

• quick_turn
        quick_turn commented
        Editing a comment
        La_Bamba yeah it will be interesting to learn the separation of authority when it comes to particular facets of an investigation, and how those change as it goes from investigation to arrest to hearing to conviction.

On that note, I saw your very detailed response a few pages back about BDUSM organization and possibly splitting off from FLETC altogether (I too have heard this rumor). I got slammed at work and couldn’t get the time to give ya thorough response but want to ping-pong an idea: why don’t agencies partner and put their candidates through the same/shared/similar pipelines based on how they work together after training? For example, (hypothetically speaking) if Marshals serve or assist in serving warrants for the FBI, why not intertwine a portion of BDUSM at Quantico with FBI and DEA? What value does BDUSM get by being entirely at FLETC?

• Levithane
        Levithane commented
        Editing a comment
        The short answer is because a lot of what goes on in these processes doesn't make any sense, but thats the Fed for you. They would then have to send Deputies to Quantico (extra money), and then that takes up space at Quantico that could otherwise go to DEA and FBI trainees. Then you get into the minutia of every agency adjudicating their employees differently (Ie someone would qualify to be a US Marshal, but not an FBI Agent). And you'll find out that the agencies for the most part operate on their own, aside from high tier cases. I don't know why FLETC in Charleston hasn't been looked at for also holding CITP and or BDUSM classes. FLETC more or less operates as a location to where a good number of agencies can all go to knock out CITP. My personal opinion is that USSS, AFOSI, and TSA should be doing training at their own facilities, instead of packing everyone in Glynco.
        Last edited by Levithane; 10-25-2019, 03:02 PM.

• Any Wave three folks get TOL's yesterday or today? I know a few got some on the 23rd.

Comment

• illini372
        illini372 commented
        Editing a comment
        Wave 3 here still waiting on a TOL.

• Osotogari3
        Osotogari3 commented
        Editing a comment
        Wave 3 here as well. Also no TOL yet. Seems like a previous post mentioned them being sent periodically so I don’t think we have to worry yet.

• Wave 2 check your emails. Medical instructions email being sent out.

Comment

• Michael Scarn
        Michael Scarn commented
        Editing a comment
        Yep I got medical email today.

• Question sorry if it’s a repeat, the thread is
      long, does anyone have any insight as to how their location is offered under schedule b, I know some spoke of the regions, but has anyone recently been offered and had a choice of areas?

Comment

• Michael Scarn
        Michael Scarn commented
        Editing a comment
        I may be wrong but I don’t think anyone under schedule B has been offered location yet.

• Anyone attend the information session in Atlanta, Georgia in July? Feel free to dm me.

Any other wave 4 applicants hear anything besides Florida?

Comment

• BANGARANGswag
        BANGARANGswag commented
        Editing a comment
        Wave 4. Info Session in Fort Smith, AR in July. Received a Structured Interview schedule earlier this week.

• FTCOKC61318
        FTCOKC61318 commented
        Editing a comment
        Wave 4 also. Had my info session July 31st in OKC. Interview scheduled for Nov 7th in Dallas.

• I’m wave 2, received medical instructions email this morning too!

Comment

• quick_turn
        quick_turn commented
        Editing a comment
        How long ago did you take drug test?

• quick_turn September 25th

Comment

• Alright2015 Same timeframe

Comment

• Do we have dates/breakdown of where and when each wave is?

Comment

• I am not sure if this has already been mentioned in the forum, but in case anyone else is new here, I spoke to a recruiter who said that there are no more informational sessions being held this year and that it could be another year or so before the next sessions are held. Just FYI.

Comment

• Donjuan85657
              Donjuan85657 commented
              Editing a comment
              That makes a lot of sense being there to is candidates still processing from 2017. I would say they were also fairly successful with this hiring drive across the 4-5 waves.

• quick_turn I asked once what the per student cost is for partner agencies to send their people to CITP and UPTP is. I was told Homeland security pays for each agent’s and police officer’s training via Homeland Security grant. The only thing the agency is responsible for is housing and food. So it makes complete sense for agencies to send their people to FLETC for their initial school from a cost perspective. FLETC has the infrastructure for all facets of training. I personally think their legal department is top notch for teaching young agents vital information to be successful from the law side of things.

I’m of the opinion that FLETC should be reserved for agencies that have statutory arrest authority. Meaning TSA and Bureau of Prisons should relocate their training elsewhere but nobody asked me lol. I think when you overcrowd training facilities like what’s currently going on it has a large and negative domino effect for getting seats for agencies that need to replenish their ranks relatively quickly.

Comment

• Levithane
              Levithane commented
              Editing a comment
              I agree with the 2nd part of your post. TSA has numerous facilities around the United States it doesn't make any sense why they go to FLETC for training. The reason I listed USSS and AFOSI in my post is because they have their own facilities where they could do training. With all the Air Force installations in the United States AFOSI could easily move their training to one of them. For background investigator training an instructor came to a location instead of new hires going up to VA. Im not sure if that type of solution would work for every facet of training for agencies, but it could lessen the time that trainees have to go to FLETC.

• Wave 5 structured interview email just dropped.

Comment

• Yes wave 5 Boston structured interviews.. I received an email as well

Comment

• Njw85
                Njw85 commented
                Editing a comment
                What are your locations to interview?

• FEDDI
                FEDDI commented
                Editing a comment
                Good luck! I am surprised they have so few interview slots available for everyone that attended the info sessions.

• Frankhill1823
                Frankhill1823 commented
                Editing a comment
                Arlington Va and Boston

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7421 users online. 290 members and 7131 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X