300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Willowandrosco View Post
    La_Bamba thank you so much for your input.! I ended up entering all of my foreign relatives that I could think of that I have an active relationship with (even though the contact is rare). Like you said, It’s better to be safe than sorry.. it did take me two entire days to obtain minimal information about these relatives but I tried to enter as much info as I could..
    Not to mention, you will sleep better at night instead of worrying about something silly. Glad to see you did it brother!

Comment

• Completed my background interview today. I was told it goes to DOD for adjudication, so now the wait. After that just FIT left!

Here is a running timeline for anyone in the other waves to reference

Info Session- 12/4/18
      Interview Email- 2/28/19
      Interview- 4/5/19
      Application/ Assessment- 4/29/19
      Referral Email-5/28/19
      TOL- 7/19/19
      Medical Email- 8/21/19
      Medical Completion- 8/25/19
      Drug Test Call and completion- 9/16/19
      Background email and completion- 09/27/19
      Background Interview- 10/22/19

Comment

• USMC_UNCW
        USMC_UNCW commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks bro it went good

• Willowandrosco
        Willowandrosco commented
        Editing a comment
        Tx21 and USMC_UNCW do they contact you to your cell or email to schedule your background interview? And where is the interview conducted? Also, do they give you or your current supervisor a heads up before they meet with them? Mine is in and out of his office so hopefully they give him a heads up to make sure he is available. Sorry for the 21 questions

• Tx21
        Tx21 commented
        Editing a comment
        Willowandrosco no worries man.. any info i can give i am glad to.... i was called on my cell monday and had my interview tuesday.... i told him i was going to be off wed and thur... but he wanted to meet me at work so he could interview me and supervisors/ coworkers..... im sure you could give more notice if you wanted, but i wanted mine done ASAP, and i knew my supervisors would accommodate in any way they could.

In the last week or so they have already interviewed my reference and my neighbors as well.... so it seems to be moving quickly

• Willowandrosco
        Willowandrosco commented
        Editing a comment
        Tx21 thank you so much for the info! Good luck!

• Check your emails boys/gals...Wave 4 interviews are a go!

Comment

• Njw85
        Njw85 commented
        Editing a comment
        What Regions is for wave 4?

• matt_laut
        matt_laut commented
        Editing a comment
        Wave 4 is the Southeast region. FL, GA, TN, and SC I think. I know FL for sure I got an email for an interview as well.

Info seminar in July
        Interview beginning of November

• parkscout93
        parkscout93 commented
        Editing a comment
        So then what wave is Northeast region?

• Michael Scarn
        Michael Scarn commented
        Editing a comment
        Awesome news! Good luck

• From what email?

Comment

• When I was going through my information session, they said you were being recruited for Border Regions. Is this still true or will it be anywhere in the US.

Comment

• Mtn hkr
          Mtn hkr commented
          Editing a comment
          At my info session we were told you’ll likely be placed in the region in which you info session occurred. But obviously you still have the possibility of going anywhere. They also told us we wouldn’t be filling out preference sheets because of this and that wasn’t true, so who knows

• 2020Hopefull
          2020Hopefull commented
          Editing a comment
          That’s what they said at mine too, I’m not sure how accurate that can be, we could get offered a few spots and get told to jsut pick one

• quick_turn
          quick_turn commented
          Editing a comment
          Same as Mtn Hkr and @2020hopefull

Location assignments are still a mystery for Sched B.

I’d take a boarder town though, probably a busy location. But I’d also take a big office for the networking opportunities. Anywhere but Kansas. (Famous last words).

• That will suck, I had to go to an info session out of my region due to scheduling conflicts . I definitely do not want to move to El Centro

Comment

• Should I be worried that I haven’t heard anything about an interview yet? Wave 4 applicant, Information session attended in Atlanta Georgia on July 26th. Thank You!

Comment

• matt_laut
            matt_laut commented
            Editing a comment
            Until you hear you're out then you're in. One of my boys is a Marshal he didn't hear anything for 18 months. No news is good news.

• Sgt0844
            Sgt0844 commented
            Editing a comment
            From the little information I’ve gathered it appears wave 2 may barely get into the academy by end of 2020 so maybe they are slowing it down with other waves.

• beauonly
            beauonly commented
            Editing a comment
            Sgt0844 there are still a lot of 2018 applicants (from 2 announcements)and probably a few 2017 applicants still out there waiting to get into FLETC, so that makes sense.

• Ghost24
            Ghost24 commented
            Editing a comment
            Interesting question, does anyone know of someone who attend an info session that didn’t get a SI? I’m Nervous as well.

• Sgt0844 I have received different information. The point of the schedule B hiring is to have this process last 9-12 months. While there are people still from the 2018 announcement in the process, I don’t believe that is the standard going forward, thus the reason people from wave 1 and 2 are at the same level or have passed up the previous announcements

Comment

• Sgt0844
            Sgt0844 commented
            Editing a comment
            More info the merrier, going off of someone on here who has close ties to a marshal. Not first hand info on my part

• Well as you know one person has this source saying one thing and the other source saying another. Hopefully this process just goes quick for everyone!!

Comment

• Sgt0844
            Sgt0844 commented
            Editing a comment
            Just one big rumor source with hopefully some truth mixed in

• DB9173
            DB9173 commented
            Editing a comment
            That is completely true. No one really knows whats going on. I am a RG applicant & I passed my FIT in August & I was told that I would hear from HQ in a week or two. Well.. I am still waiting. Like many people say, you just need to complete the next step & then forget.

• Just received the structured interview email for Wave 4! If you’re in that wave check your emails. There’s limited space and the only locations they’re doing the interviews are Tampa, New Orleans, Dallas, Arlington and Boston.

Comment

• Just got TOL

Comment

• normal_guy
              normal_guy commented
              Editing a comment
              What wave?

• FNG41YR
              FNG41YR commented
              Editing a comment
              I'm originally wave 1 I think. I did the meet and greet, for SWB, in December of 18. Had some scheduling issues and couldn't do my interview in April. So, I reached out and asked about interviewing and was given a shot to interview.

• Wave 3 here. Just got my TOL

Comment

• Got a tentative offer letter today. I am part of Wave 3.

Information Session in Cleveland, OH on 06/21/19
              Interview in Arlington, VA on 08/10/19
              Online Assessment taken on 09/10/19
              Referred to Hiring Manager on 10/02/19
              Received Tentative Offer Letter on 10/23/19

Comment

• Peacemaker27
                Peacemaker27 commented
                Editing a comment
                What was included in your TOL? Location, pay grade, academy date, etc?

• Hope i may be able to clear up some stuff with this.. or at least validate some info others already have. First off this was all casual conversation and nothing was really said in private or in confidence. So i feel ok letting you guys know because we are all in the same boat.

The DUSMs in my area had to do their annual FIT and i was luckily enough to tag along and do a “mock” FIT test ( i should have my real one in the coming months). There was about 8 of them including supervisors, recruiter, and a chief.

The south west border is hurting very bad and i think the first wave of info sessions were held there.. there may have been others somewhere else though... the border region will need to be filled. They all said that im going to the border... hah.

Basically, everyone has their rank , gs5, gs7, gs9 etc.... but every location, depending on size or whatever will have a certain amount of each rank.... so if you are a 5 .... and a location you really want needs a 9... you may not get that spot..at least thats what i took away from it. Im sure there is more to that though.

There are 6 classes and they will start next year. We talked about the new combined academy and how it will run 4-5 months. Schedule B is streamlined and most applicants should be ready for an academy within 12 months. But like others have said, just get used to waiting. There are still applicants from other announcements waiting for a class. So if they have everything done, then they make take up some spots for the 1st class.

Comment

• You guys will drive yourselves nuts trying to figure out hiring for USMS. I vaguely remember hearing the same thing about 6 classes slated for next year, I don't remember if it was at my info session or interview. Im sure the 6 class number is in the event DC passes a budget, and is given necessary resources. Given the current climate of things expect another shutdown towards the end of the year or beginning of next year.

Comment

• beauonly
                  beauonly commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Yeah, a shutdown will send those of us waiting on FOs into a tailspin. Unsurprisingly that is exactly what happened with some 2017 applicants. I'm crossing my fingers in hopes there won't be a shutdown, but if it does I imagine it will push everything to the right a few weeks.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5859 users online. 233 members and 5626 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X