Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• God bless that young man who took Pecos,TX. I had no idea Pecos, TX even had a courthouse. I can imagine they probably don’t have many Marshals there as it is literally between Midland / Odessa and El Paso. Basically in the middle of nowhere.

I’m told even though Austin falls in the western District of Texas that’s pretty much a pipe dream as everyone already in the western district of Texas is trying to go there. If you get offered El Paso, TX I’m telling you right now it’s a great gig in a city that has an exploding population. Safe area, good schools (if you have kids), and squared away Marshals. It’s not the desolate town you may remember if you were stationed at Ft. Bliss years ago. El Paso really gets a bad rep and I could think of far worse places to spend 3 years before you can O-PREF (Office of Preference) out.

To the gentleman angling for Florida. Native Floridian here trying to get back after years away. USMS gives that best shot but don’t expect that to be 1 of the options as it’s not a hard to fill location. Also, I’m told chiefs have the option of telling HR if they prefer OPREF transfers or fresh trainees from the academy. It appears to be a crapshoot. I guess moral of the story is do your 3 years wherever they offer and then make your way to Florida, just don’t bank on it being a location initially offered. Though stranger things have happened.

Comment

• Levithane
      Levithane commented
      Editing a comment
      quick_turn

Yeah man housing costs were ridiculous. Those clowns in Pecos TX wanted 230,000-253,000 for a 1500 sq foot home. At least in DC you are in a metro area, and in civilization.

• Merlyn0
      Merlyn0 commented
      Editing a comment
      At least you'll feel free. So glad a lot of applicants want the city life.

• FNG41YR
      FNG41YR commented
      Editing a comment
      Yup, pecos is an expensive crapper

• ShortRound87
      ShortRound87 commented
      Editing a comment
      I heard there are several Marshals wanting to move out of Pecos or Alpine, TX. I currently live in Alpine and I am waiting for an information session so I can start the process. I would love to get stationed as a USMSD in Alpine.

• Florida was just offered recently to several new deputies. Don’t cross Florida off your lists

Comment

• I got my Top Secret Clearance adjudicated yesterday with DoD finally ( Air Force). Will a Top-Secret transfer in lieu of the Background Investigation, or does it have to be a TS/SCI clearance?
      Last edited by Peacemaker27; 10-10-2019, 01:47 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Peacemaker27 View Post
        I got my Top Secret Clearance adjudicated yesterday with OPM finally ( Air Force). Will a Top-Secret transfer in lieu of the Background Investigation, or does it have to be a TS/SCI clearance?
        I believe it's based on tier level. The thing is, federal civilian background sometimes doesnt mesh with DOD background. I dont know if DOD has fully taken over all backgrounds so it's up in the air if it will reciprocate

Comment

• Peacemaker27
          Peacemaker27 commented
          Editing a comment
          Its a Tier 5 clearance, so hopefully I get reciprocity.

• Bet Wednsday
          Bet Wednsday commented
          Editing a comment
          Each agency is responsible for adjudicating their own background. I've seen federal civilian agencies not take a TS from dod and order their own BG. But it probably will be different now that opm has relinquished BG investigations.

• RedBeardRanger
          RedBeardRanger commented
          Editing a comment
          It depends on who conducted your TS. It is not guaranteed that it will transfer over. Donjuan85657 is not offering accurate information on this front.

• Levithane
          Levithane commented
          Editing a comment
          I wish I could pin posts that I have made regarding this. When I was at my information session it was indicated to me if you had a SSBI/Tier 5 conducted through OPM, it would carry over. The only thing they may or may not have had to do was verify anything that was current since the background was closed. Given the recent change that DOD is now in charge of backgrounds, I don't know if DOD ones will carry over. OPM was the ones doing US Marshal backgrounds at the time I went to my information session.

• Hey guys I’ve been watching this forum, they just approved my screen name and registration i can now post. My timeline is:

Information session: May 2019 Philadelphia
        interview: June 2019 Philadelphia
        assessment: August 2019
        referred: September 2019
        TOL: September 2019
        UA: September 2019

waiting on medical, background and FIT. Best of blessings to all in the process!

Comment

• Lunytunezpr
          Lunytunezpr commented
          Editing a comment
          When did you get your TOL? Beginning of Sept?

• BuffBills123
          BuffBills123 commented
          Editing a comment
          I’m on the same exact timeline as him but my info session was in Buffalo and I haven’t been scheduled for a UA yet

• quick_turn
          quick_turn commented
          Editing a comment
          I'm on same timeline but no UA yet as well. Info session was Philly.

• USMC_UNCW would you kind of re-word what you said, especially the ending part about wave 2. It was kind of confusing what you said, thanks!

Comment

• USMC_UNCW
          USMC_UNCW commented
          Editing a comment
          I don’t know what post your talking about. I have responded to a bunch.

• Lunytunezpr i received my TOL September 17

Comment

• Lunytunezpr
          Lunytunezpr commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks. Just looking to see if we on similar timeline. I got mine on the 26th.

• Good afternoon, has there been any movement in wave 4.

Comment

• Ghost24
          Ghost24 commented
          Editing a comment
          Not to my knowledge, where did you attend your info session?

• Can confirm. Spent 5 years in DC years ago and started as a GS 5. It was tough as crap for sure but it can be done. As stated before in 2016 this was what was offered El Paso, Tucson, DC, Baltimore, and Seattle. A very wide array but I think folks have to be open to places they might not have considered before or if the locations are unsatisfactory be prepared to do it all again under another announcement. I hope everyone gets where they want for sure!

Comment

• quick_turn
          quick_turn commented
          Editing a comment
          I am totally open to any location. It's part of the gig. Change is good. And after talking to a few DUSMs I am thinking a major metro might be more advantageous because you're in a bigger office which means more opportunities to build your network for future ops.

• I just received an email stating interviews will be conducted in TX/VA the first few weeks of November. Im honestly surprised since I applied so long ago and the USMS hiring dept is a mess. Good luck to those pushing on.

Applied: 7/2018
        Referred: 8/2018
        Interview: 11/2019
        Last edited by kb9977; 10-11-2019, 05:47 PM.

Comment

• Tx21
          Tx21 commented
          Editing a comment
          kb9977 Are you schedule B? I think you may have posted in the wrong thread. Schedule B didnt get approved until the end of July 2018.

• There's been some talk about this in previous posts but wanted to go ahead and see how everyone is doing, especially since we are getting movement on each step for Waves 1 and 2.

1) How does everyone feel about the PT test? Do you know where you're at and trying to improve? Are you just trying to maintain?

2) How does everyone feel about FLETC and the volume of physical training we'll experience, not to mention the 10-mile graduation run? Are you training or running for volume in prep for FLETC?
        Last edited by quick_turn; 10-12-2019, 09:58 AM.

Comment

• Tx21
          Tx21 commented
          Editing a comment
          Wave 1 here. Just waiting on FIT. Im finishing in the superior category for sit-ups and pushups. My flexibility is decent (i can grab my toes with straight legs).... but the running is killing me...... i have been running a lot for the last 6 months but maybe not enough..im battling knee and hamstring injuries both on my right leg.. I dont feel excited about the run..... tomorrow will be my 4th day in a row with a 2-3 mile run.... then i will rest and start back up..... i feel like i have hit a wall with my run times.

• USMC_UNCW
          USMC_UNCW commented
          Editing a comment
          I feel good about the FIT but I’m training every day to improve it. My runs gotta get better. Would like to get my mile and half under 11 minutes. My push ups and sit ups are good to go!

• BuffBills123
          BuffBills123 commented
          Editing a comment
          It will be the sit and reach that sinks me. I’ve never been flexible.

• quick_turn
          quick_turn commented
          Editing a comment
          Oh yeah, sit and reach. I’ve been so focused on running.

300m, 400m or 800m repeats help with 1.5 mile time if you’ve hit a plateau. And hill sprints.

Oddly, I can’t seem to improve my situps. Go figure.

• As long as you can pass the PT test you are fine. Everyone should strive to do the best they can on each category. But if you pass, you pass. The rest of the PT demands and “activities” you will do down there are 100% doable. At the end of the day don’t quit, don’t give up, don’t say I can’t. That’s what it’s about more.

Comment

• Originally posted by MaxD1207 View Post
          “A lot of changes coming for the DEO program. The USMS will somewhat mirror the Secret Service program of uniformed police and 1811s. DEOs will change their title to Enforcement Officers. EOs will be in charge of all court procedures, including court, cellblock and prisoner transport, leaving 1811s to focus on investigations. 1811s were just upgraded to GS-13. Most likely EOs will be upgraded to either GL-9 or GS-11, due to the increase of duties and skills.”

This was posted on a DEO thread ... i think by a current Deputy......makes me wonder what the gs 5-7-9 DUSMS will be doing ...... maybe more task force stuff? I have always been under the impression the DUSMS did a lot of the court and transport stuff. I know i used to see some of the current task force guys rotate transport and court gigs.

Comment

• SuccessfulVibes
            SuccessfulVibes commented
            Editing a comment
            Where can we find these recommendations or changes in writing? I’ve seen the same rumors on other threads as well but with no sources. Also, where is the GS-13 increase for all DUSMs notated? I know it’s happening...just cannot locate when, where and how it is happening. Thanks in advance for any credible intel you can muster up.

• Tx21
            Tx21 commented
            Editing a comment
            SuccessfulVibes im kind of in the same boat you are in.... im getting info from other threads from guys who are stating they are current USMS employees. And then i also talk to some of the DUSMS that i know personally and they Have validated the info. My speculation is the “writing” is gonna be in the form of an email or memo sent to current employees and not available for anyone to see yet.

• Njw85
            Njw85 commented
            Editing a comment
            So does that mean that GL5,7 and 9 will eventually get the 25% LEAP on top of the salary? Since it’s automatic 13’s has the word got around being lower grades granted leap? Other agencies give LEAP at the lower grades.

• mikedaly50
            mikedaly50 commented
            Editing a comment
            Njw85 that's the 100 thousand dollar question lol!!!! we can all hope!

• I attended in Gainesville Fl on June 25th I believe.

Comment

• Keep in mind a good amount of offices don’t have DEO’s. Or if they do, along with DUSM numbers they are severely short. So this “implementation” will still take years to achieve. A lot of the smaller to midsize offices don’t have them at all. Let alone they are still short a few deputies on paper and they are still at the bottom of the districts most in need of bodies.

It is a great time to get on with the 13s and a lot of good change happening. However at the end of the day. The core mission for DUSMs is still court and transports in a lot of places, while working cases when they can and waiting for their rotation on the TF. But as you’ll find out. 94 different ways of doing everything.

Comment

• BuffBills123
              BuffBills123 commented
              Editing a comment
              This is very well put. The USMS is a very prestigious agency. I’m certain paying your dues in the beginning will pay off.
              Last edited by BuffBills123; 10-13-2019, 05:15 PM.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 13410 users online. 525 members and 12885 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X