Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another batch of TOL's went out today. Any other Wave 2 applicants waiting, check your email. Received mine today.

Comment

• Hey has wave 4 received interview emails?. If so what email address are they coming from so I can search my mailbox.

Comment

• USMC_UNCW
        USMC_UNCW commented
        Editing a comment
        Atlantic coast and Southwest border

Northwest and Mid Atlantic

North Central and Midwest

• USMC_UNCW
        USMC_UNCW commented
        Editing a comment
        If there a wave 4 brother I would be very patient because wave 4 would probably be going to class end of 2021

• Njw85
        Njw85 commented
        Editing a comment
        There are 4 waves. A buddy of mine just went to his information session in Boston last month. They were told that’s the last wave for now. It was for region 1. I know this for a fact. Wave 4 should be hearing something soon.

Northeast (Region 1)

• USMC_UNCW
        USMC_UNCW commented
        Editing a comment
        10-4 that’s cool! Good luck bro

• Question for those of you who recently completed medical. I received my email to schedule my appointment today and it sounds as though I’ll have two separate appts the first of which will be the “work up” (blood work, TB, etc.). Is this the appt you all put on your Appointment Confirmation Sheet or did you put the one where you met with the actual doctor.

It says to return the form within 7 days but the lady I was scheduling with said she will have to see when the doctor is available for the second appt.

Probably doesn’t matter but just want to do everything right on my end.

Comment

• USMC_UNCW
        USMC_UNCW commented
        Editing a comment
        I only had one medical appointment and they did everything. Came back 2 days later to read my TB test

• Jay017
        Jay017 commented
        Editing a comment
        USMC_UNCW Much appreciated.

• To those who are in any of the waves, don't be discouraged if you haven't heard anything. I spoke with HR and they're going to be processing more people when the fiscal year situation is figured out. As far as the "30 days of notification if you failed" in writing that some received after interviewing, it seems HR was not aware of this timeframe. Like other people, I was told to just sit tight.

Comment

• Donjuan85657
        Donjuan85657 commented
        Editing a comment
        Any idea when the fiscal situation is supposed to be sorted out? Wave 4 here...

• Levithane
        Levithane commented
        Editing a comment
        Donjuan85657 I have no idea when Federal budgets for their fiscal year get sorted out. I'm going to say late this year or early next year as an estimate.

• Donjuan85657
        Donjuan85657 commented
        Editing a comment
        Levithane thanks brother

• Here is a link to the 2020 budget proposal for USMS. Some important things noted were that they planned to eliminate “bottlenecking” and backup during the hiring process, using the DOJ, OPM, and other agencies for background to streamline the process. They also talk about MORE THAN 1300 or more of current DUSMS will be eligible to retire or will retire within the next 5 years... so they want to hire aggressively while those individuals are still in service to help with training and passing on the history and knowledge to future DUSMS hires. They mention how currently the position of DUSMS is at a shortage of 1,262 (not including those who are close to retiring) so they are requesting 35 additional DUSMS positions and plan on hiring quick.

Anyways, thought you guys would be interested!! That was probably why President Trump signed the Executive Order in July for the Schedule B process we are all in. Here is the link.

https://www.justice.gov/jmd/page/file/1143886/download

Comment

• NiteLite916
        NiteLite916 commented
        Editing a comment
        Good information to know. Thank you.

• antonuccinj
        antonuccinj commented
        Editing a comment
        This is excellent news for anybody in the pipeline. Thanks for sharing!

• quick_turn
        quick_turn commented
        Editing a comment
        Gave it a good read. Very interesting. Especially the 1300 DUSMs in retirement timeframe.

1300 over 5 years breaks down to around ~260 DUSMs eligible to retire or retiring each year. If one class at FLETC can hold 45 people, you would need to run about 6 FLETC classes a year to hit that 260. And you would need to do that every year for the next 5 years.

• Tx21 “streamlining” they are not kidding! Filled out my equip and one week later met with my investigator...that’s moving!

Comment

• Tx21
        Tx21 commented
        Editing a comment
        Yea i know.. based on what i gather from the other forums some applicants have waited 2 years or more...... with this schedule B it looks like some guys may see a 1 year turn around

• Bet Wednsday
        Bet Wednsday commented
        Editing a comment
        Lucky guy, I have not heard anything about my background...

• The process can take a while. I didn’t hear anything for a few months. Then I did my equip, meet with the investigator, both medicals and UA all in 5-6 weeks. Then waited for my FIT for a few months. You’re best bet is do the next step then forget.

Comment

• Tx21
        Tx21 commented
        Editing a comment
        Are you in schedule B wave 1?

• Question for anyone in wave 1, Did anyone from wave one get referred but then never got TOL?

Comment

• Njw85
        Njw85 commented
        Editing a comment
        Everyone I know who got referred received a TOL.

• Lay_Tactical
        Lay_Tactical commented
        Editing a comment
        Well, I got referred but I didn’t hear anything back. I’ve emailed and they just send the same email your still an active applicant. I guess it’s safe to say I’ve been looked over and won’t be hearing anything.

• Does anyone know what regions have information sessions scheduled?

Comment

• myrtlebeachPPP i honestly think they’re done bud.

Comment

• Has anybody from Wave 2 who received TOL been contacted for medical yet?

Comment

• Lunytunezpr
            Lunytunezpr commented
            Editing a comment
            Sgt0844 oh nice, that’s some movement. Haven’t had any since TOL but it’s only been about two weeks.

• Njw85
            Njw85 commented
            Editing a comment
            I'm sure wave 1 and 2 will start hearing more after the October class starts.

• quick_turn
            quick_turn commented
            Editing a comment
            Just an email from USMS Health Admin Branch asking for basic info. No scheduling calls or emails yet.

• Lunytunezpr
            Lunytunezpr commented
            Editing a comment
            Yeah I got same email a couple days after TOL. Nothing since.

• Not sure if anyone knows, but does anyone know of some of the locations that anyone has been offered from the past few announcements, I’m hoping for Texas or Florida

Comment

• beauonly
            beauonly commented
            Editing a comment
            2020Hopefull from what I've seen it has been nearly every region so far. With the exception of DC/PR because there was a USAjobs opening specifically created for that. The only way to know for sure is to see the locations list prior to receiving a FO.

• Merlyn0
            Merlyn0 commented
            Editing a comment
            I have seen Western District of Texas offered and applicant accepted Pecos. I have not seen Florida offered.

• 2020Hopefull
            2020Hopefull commented
            Editing a comment
            I had a buddy of mine that said they offered him a list of places that’s what I’m hoping for or at least a major city.

• quick_turn
            quick_turn commented
            Editing a comment
            2020Hopefull dig the name, right there with ya

• 2020Hopefull same here where are you in the process! I’m ready for this PT test!

Comment

• quick_turn
            quick_turn commented
            Editing a comment
            Also ready to get the PT test done.

• 2020Hopefull
            2020Hopefull commented
            Editing a comment
            I take the medical next week, then more waiting

• Sgt0844
            Sgt0844 commented
            Editing a comment
            2020Hopefull how long after urinalysis did they hit you back up for medical info?

• 2020Hopefull
            2020Hopefull commented
            Editing a comment
            Sgt0844 with in a day or so they did

• Couple questions for the forum.

Did anyone get referred for both GS-7 and GS-5 but get a TOL for GS-5?
          Is there anyway to get the higher GS later in the process?

Comment

• Tx21
            Tx21 commented
            Editing a comment
            I received my referral and my TOL at gs-7.

This topic has come up several times on this thread. I really think it comes down to your resume and the questionnaire we all filled out regarding experience.

I have about 70 college hours. And a total of just over 5 years of LE. But i made sure to point out that i’ve worked as a Courtroom Deputy (jury call, other courtroom procedures), a county jailer ( dealing with federal inmates),some experience in inmate transportation, and currently a patrol deputy.

I made sure to point out that i am an FTO ( this allowed me to answer those questions pertaining to being in the position of a supervisor), and drafted/executed search warrants on residences, as well as drafted paperwork for asset seizure (vehicles, money, etc).

My department has allowed me to do work that only the Detectives are assigned to do. And i also have experience in performing risk assessments for wanted fugitives and then carrying out “operations” of arrest.

Basically, if you look at the job requirements/ duties for a gs-5 and gs-7 ..... you need to fit that stuff in your resume ( obviously without lying).
            Last edited by Tx21; 10-09-2019, 07:07 PM.

• USMC_UNCW
            USMC_UNCW commented
            Editing a comment
            Combat Vet - Bachelors Degree - Deputy Sheriff referred GS-5

• quick_turn
            quick_turn commented
            Editing a comment
            I hear ya Tx21 but I don't think it has anything to do with resume. I think OPM is looking at what your degrees are in and if they don't match what is on the job posting, even though the description of degrees includes the word "etc," then they're bumping people down to GL 5.

• NiteLite916
            NiteLite916 commented
            Editing a comment
            I was told that your GS offer was based off of experience, education, assessment ratings, as well as how you constructed your resume.

• For those of you who have completed the equip, once you create your username and password are you able to save it and finish it later? Or do you have to finish it once you open it and begin???

Comment

• Tx21
            Tx21 commented
            Editing a comment
            I have been told you can stop and save it..... i ended up just doing it all the way through so i cant say for sure.

• Bet Wednsday
            Bet Wednsday commented
            Editing a comment
            I've done plenty of these, you can save and modify as much as you need until you submit. Once you submit, you can't enter it again. Take your time.it sucks having to explain to bg investigator wnt you didn't put something in sf 86 .Word to the wise, save a copy in pdf form before you submit. That way you know your answers for next time. It pays to be meticulous here. If you didn't, you can always request FOIA on your own background. That way you know what people say about you behind your back.

• Willowandrosco
            Willowandrosco commented
            Editing a comment
            Tx21 Bet Wednsday Thank you both for your input.!

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10872 users online. 374 members and 10498 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X