300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Checkmate View Post
    Interviewed in SD a few days ago. It was a standard federal job interview, no surprises.

The deputy who showed me out said that they have a lot of people to interview, so not to expect to hear anything back for 30-60 days.
    I wish mines was standard lol. They are called the marshal for a reason that all I got to say

Comment

How does this process work exactly? I've been going back and forth with the agency email. There aren't going to be any information sessions in my area, so I would have to go out of state. Do you send a recruiter an email once theres a confirmed information session date?

Comment

Basically. I emailed my local recruiter and the general one which said to email back late April for info sessions in May in my area.

Comment

• Levithane
          Levithane commented
          Editing a comment
          Yeah I reached out to my local one, and he put me on a contact list. HR indicated to me there wouldn't be any going on in Texas in the coming months. Im not sure how the process would pan out in attending an information session in another district/state.

• nonotnow
          nonotnow commented
          Editing a comment
          Yeah it's basically fly to an info session on your own dime and hope they like you or wait it out. I've waited 6 months for this info session so I feel your pain.

What states/districts are doing next wave of Schedule B? I am willing to fly out and hotel any state on my own dime.

Comment

• nonotnow
          nonotnow commented
          Editing a comment
          NW and mid Atlantic region. Email the general recruiter if you'd like to verify.

• Levithane
          Levithane commented
          Editing a comment
          Don't book anything yet because I don't think they have all the details sorted out. I was told to email them again at the end of the month.

• DB9173
          DB9173 commented
          Editing a comment
          Should you contact your local recruiter (if you don't live in NW or mid atl) or try to get into contact with one of them?

• nonotnow
          nonotnow commented
          Editing a comment
          I would hope no one books a flight off what a stranger on the internet claims. Trust but verify.

Anyone have a recruiter contact number or email? Please PM me. Thank you!

Comment

You can reach out to the recruiters of the area your interested in (ie Northwest) by finding their contact information at https://www.usmarshals.gov/careers/dros.html

Comment

Can anyone post the pt reqs standards?

Comment

• La_Bamba
              La_Bamba commented
              Editing a comment
              The USMS has not updated their website reverting back to the old fitness standard. This was taken from a third party site and you should probably cross reference it with their official scores when the website is updated. And before you ask, some of the current USMS I work with have speculated why they went back to the old test but it would not be appropriate for me to publicly post their speculation / opinion.

Please keep in mind these were the minimum requirements. You should strive to blow these out of the water.

1-minute sit-ups - Men:
              Age 21-29: 40
              Age 30-39: 36
              Age 40 +: 3
              1-minute sit-ups - Women:
              Age 21-29: 35
              Age 30-39: 27
              Age 40 +: 22
              1-minute push-ups - Men:
              Age 21-29: 33
              Age 30-39: 27
              Age 40 +: 21
              1-minute push-ups - Women:
              Age 21-29: 16
              Age 30-39: 14
              Age 40 +: 11
              1.5-mile run - Men:
              Age 21-29: 12:18
              Age 30-39: 12:51
              Age 40 +: 13:53
              1.5-mile run - Women:
              Age 21-29: 14:55
              Age 30-39: 15:26
              Age 40 +: 16:27?
              Sit-and-Reach - Men:
              Age 21-29:17.5
              Age 30-39: 16.5
              Age 40 +: 15.3
              Sit-and-Reach - Women:
              Age 21-29: 20
              Age 30-39: 19
              Age 40 +: 18

• Levithane
              Levithane commented
              Editing a comment
              Were you able to pull a date from which those requirements were from? Something tells me the new standards are going to be more than 35 pushups.

• Tommyjd78
              Tommyjd78 commented
              Editing a comment
              If you send me an email I will send you the PPT they sent me. It appears to be in line w what La_Bamba sent in this string. Unfortunately I cannot attach a PPT on here and I haven't converted the PPT to pdf on my phone.

• Levithane
              Levithane commented
              Editing a comment
              Tommyjd78 Thanks for the offer man, but I don't want to get you in any trouble. Federal agencies are weird about sending around info that isn't yet public.

Has anyone heard anything about the assessment after the interview?

Comment

• Njw85
              Njw85 commented
              Editing a comment
              I would think later this week or next week if you passed.

After my persistence I was able to speak with a US Marshal regarding hiring. Apparently DC hasn't informed a lot of the offices yet regarding information sessions. As far as the general email goes, they've told me to email them back in late April.
            Last edited by Levithane; 04-18-2019, 11:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Levithane View Post
              Were you able to pull a date from which those requirements were from? Something tells me the new standards are going to be more than 35 pushups.
              These are the minimum requirements and were the minimum requirements when I tested in 2016. I and most of the other applicants blew the minimum requirements out of the water. At that point we all had tentative offers and were awaiting a class start date so I'm not sure how bad just attaining the minimum standard would have hurt us but everyone there had too much pride to be beat by the next guy so we tried to kill it as best we could.

There are 4 categories above minimum so youre right while it does seem low you're expected to go way above the minimum mandatory.
              http://www.competitorschoice.com/us%...hart%20web.jpg

It looks like USMS are in the process of updating their fitness website and when they do I am pretty certain it will reflect the previous standards.
              https://www.usmarshals.gov/careers/fitness_men.html
              Last edited by La_Bamba; 04-18-2019, 08:00 AM.

Comment

Has anyone had any luck with just having LEO experience and no college? If I attend an info session in one region does that lock me into that single region? For example, if I attend an info session in PA will they offer somewhere like DC? Thank you all in advanced

Comment

• nonotnow
                  nonotnow commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thanks for that info.

• Levithane
                  Levithane commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Bro just apply the worst thing they say is no. You can be sent any where for USMS, even Alaska. Sounds bad, but you would have the opportunity to domesticate a polar bear and ride it to work.

• Tommyjd78
                  Tommyjd78 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  How do you even get to an info session? Is there a number to call?

• Levithane
                  Levithane commented
                  Editing a comment
                  You contact a recruiter, and they give you the info. Two words though, BE PERSISTENT. I was emailing the general email, and I had a marshal from one of the field offices I contacted return my call. Mind you that call came after I tried numerous times with two other district offices. Once you give them your contact info, its a waiting game.

So I was emailed a list of the info sessions from my recruiter all in PA NY DE and NJ

Comment

• nonotnow
                  nonotnow commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thats great thanks. Was going to email them next week.
                  Last edited by nonotnow; 04-18-2019, 08:48 PM.

I interviewed March 29 in San Diego. Looking to pick up Phoenix/Tucson . 12 years USBP, reserves in USCG with Secret clearance. Bachelor Degree. Still no feedback on interview. I didn't even take a Online assesment. Usually you take that first. Does anyone have insight about that? Or what is the step by step hiring process for this? Thank you

Comment

• nonotnow
                  nonotnow commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Coastie as well here... March of this year? If so you still got a while before you find out according to the usms threads.

• Njw85
                  Njw85 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  The next step from what I heard is the online assessment. We should hear something soon. Just keep checking your email/spam folder.

• Bet Wednsday
                  Bet Wednsday commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thanks. I have no clue how they even grade based on interview so I am doubting myself on how well it went.

Does anyone know if the Colorado area is doing schedule B? I haven't been able to reach a recruiter.

Comment

Anyone under schedule B that has already interviewed, do you when we might hear anything?

Comment

• Njw85
                    Njw85 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I received that email as well.

• nonotnow
                    nonotnow commented
                    Editing a comment
                    What area was this for?

• Redskins3
                    Redskins3 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    nonotnow I interview in DC if that helps any. Info session was in SC.

• nonotnow
                    nonotnow commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Thanks! Now I know they emailed candidates that already went to info sessions.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9046 users online. 394 members and 8652 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X