Application/ Assessment- 4/29/19
      Referral Email-5/28/19
      TOL- 7/19/19
      Medical Email- 8/21/19
      Medical Completion- 8/25/19
      Drug Test Call and completion- 9/16/19
      Background email and completion- 09/27/19

Now comes the long wait

• Hey all, currently in wave 3 waiting to see if I passed assessment phase. My question to the group is about the background. I worked as a fed about a year ago and right before I left I completed my OPM background check and it was for TS clearance. I have a past arrest for a simple misdemeanor that was 11 years ago. This was not a problem for the agency that I worked for but I know that every agency is different. I was wondering if anyone had any knowledge if the marshals would turn me away because of this. Thanks

Comment

• Tx21
      Tx21 commented
      Editing a comment
      Pull up the sf-86 from OPM..... a majority of their questions reference the last 7 years

• Levithane
      Levithane commented
      Editing a comment
      If the question regarding this has a time frame of 7 years, it doesn't have to be listed. If I were you I would make mention of it in the optional comment section. When they do a law enforcement record check as standard procedure, that incident will probably come up.

• Thanks Tx21, much appreciated!

Comment

• Im sure its been mentioned but for your information, the Deputy Marshals position is now journey man 13. So it goes 5/7/9/11/12/13. Good luck to all of you.

Comment

• Defective454
        Defective454 commented
        Editing a comment
        It had to be covered at meet and greet, but it's been awhile, forgive me: what year/step does LEAP kick in? Are you 7/9/11/12/13 all at step one, or does step in grade climb each year too?

• Bet Wednsday
        Bet Wednsday commented
        Editing a comment
        5 to 7 takes 1 year, 7 to 9 takes 1 year, 9 to 11 takes 1 year, 11 to 12 takes 1 year, 12 to 13 takes 1 year. Step 1 to 2, 2 to 3 and 3 to 4 take 1 year. 4 to 5, 5 to 6 and 6 to 7 takes 2 years. 7 on up take 3 years each. LEAP kicks in at GS11. Steps won't increase until you're a GS 13. This is for a non previous federal employee

• FNG41YR
        FNG41YR commented
        Editing a comment
        5,7,9,11,12,13 if they're the same as other DOJ 1811. You become a CI at gs 11 and that's when you get LEAP
        Last edited by FNG41YR; 10-02-2019, 03:32 PM.

• Defective454
        Defective454 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks all!

• Wave 3 check your emails. I just received my referral!

Comment

• I also just received my referral status (wave 3). Good luck all!

Comment

• I was just notified that I wasn't referred because I didn't meet the minimum score on the assessments. I know it wasn't my English, so it must have been the decision making portion. For those of you that were, could you speculate on this? The decision making assessment basically laid out the dichotomy of either telling your supervisor or trying to fix it yourself. Which side did you lean to? I thought I had a balance of answers depending on the situation, but maybe leaned toward informing the supervisor. How did you answer your questions?
          Last edited by MRock; 10-02-2019, 04:20 PM.

Comment

• Tx21
            Tx21 commented
            Editing a comment
            I think answers showing independence and problem solving is what you need.... im not 100% about that..... i just answered truthfully and recalled past experience. But it would make sense. Of course there is a time and place for chain of command. But at this level im sure they are looking for people that can work alone with no supervision... or with a team and still have little supervision.

• FNG41YR
            FNG41YR commented
            Editing a comment
            That assessment is subjective as hell. I just received my results, and passed, but it a really stupid assessment. I've taken and passed tests for some 3 letter agencies but this USMS assessment kept tripping me up. Finally passed it. Weird test
            Last edited by FNG41YR; 10-02-2019, 05:22 PM.

• I received my referral email today. I am part of Wave 3.

Information Session in Cleveland, OH on 06/21/19
          Interview in Arlington, VA on 08/10/19
          Online Assessment taken on 09/10/19
          Referred to Hiring Manager on 10/02/19

Comment

• I went to the info session in July, haven't heard a thing since, anyone else in the same boat?

Comment

• FTCOKC61318
              FTCOKC61318 commented
              Editing a comment
              I attended the info session in OKC July 31st. Haven't heard anything back either. Earlier mentioned was that they may be waiting for the new fiscal year to start which was yesterday so hopefully we'll hear something soon. You're not in the same boat though.

• rober3cj
              rober3cj commented
              Editing a comment
              Yup. Mine was in Orlando. Haven’t heard yet.

• matt_laut
              matt_laut commented
              Editing a comment
              Same boat Miami July 31 but the new fiscal year just started so fingers crossed we’ll hear something soon.

• I received my referral email today as well. Wave 3

Info Session: 06/19
            Interview in Denver: 08/19
            Invite to Apply/Assessment: 09/19
            Referred to Hiring Manager: 10/19

Comment

• Received the referral:

Info Session: 6/26
              Interview: 8/5 Arlington
              Assessment: 9/10
              Referred to Hiring: 10/2

Comment

• Got referred today, took my assessment on 9/10. Based off of the timelines we have seen for all waves, would anyone have an idea on when we would get a school date next year? I’m awaiting adjudication for a TS clearance with the military so I wouldn’t have to wait for a BI, as the TS would transfer. I have to give the military a separation date by the end of this year, and I’m trying to make the transition as smooth as possible.

Comment

• Peacemaker27
                  Peacemaker27 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I’m wave three

• USMC_UNCW
                  USMC_UNCW commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Wave 3 will probably start classes in 2021

• Peacemaker27
                  Peacemaker27 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  USMS_UNCW is that just an assumption or did you read that somewhere? I'm hoping my TS clears soon and i wont have to wait on a BI. That should get me into a 2020 class.

• USMC_UNCW
                  USMC_UNCW commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I read it in an email from a Marshal buddy of mine. It shows 2020 filling all academy’s up with wave 1 except for the last academy That year which should start wave 2

• For those of you who have received TOL’s, does it give you a location in which you are being offered? Or is the location still unknown at that point?

Comment

• ATG1729
                  ATG1729 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Location will be the last step in the process

• KS342
                  KS342 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thank you!

• I'm getting antsy, some people in wave 1 are getting movement on their background . Seems to me its non tier 5 BG candidates. Any one with a current tier 5 background hear anything?

Comment

• Referred (wave 3). If you were referred as a 5 & 7, which offer will you receive? Is there any set policy on hiring in at the highest referee pay plan or can they still hire you at the lowest of the two? Does it specifiy which pay plan when/if you receive a TOL?

Comment

• Tx21
                    Tx21 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Wave 1 here... when i received my referral the pay plan series said 5/7 ...but underneath that is a “your rating” section and its says the actual referral was only for Gs-7.... when I received the TOL it said for Gs-7

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12444 users online. 456 members and 11988 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X