Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The assessment score effect the timeline people are receiving TOLs?

Comment

• Merlyn0
      Merlyn0 commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm wondering as well. From past Wave 1 posts I have seen , Tols received July 03, 19, and 31st.

• Ethan Cipriano
      Ethan Cipriano commented
      Editing a comment
      Did you attend the hiring event in Buff?

• Bet Wednsday
      Bet Wednsday commented
      Editing a comment
      I dont think so.

• Sorry guys, I don’t know how to reply within threads. Yes I attended in Buffalo. I believe that makes me wave 2

Comment

• Ethan Cipriano
      Ethan Cipriano commented
      Editing a comment
      I attended the same event. I got my 2nd TO last week.

• I attended the info session in Long Island,NY and was referred but haven’t received a TOL yet

Comment

• Interview - April 2019 - Arlington
      Referral/Assessment - May
      TOL- July 31
      Nothing yet for medical or UA. Anyone else TOL around the same time and not seeing movement yet?

Comment

• Njw85
        Njw85 commented
        Editing a comment
        Same here but did my medical and UA. Just waiting on background.

• USMC_UNCW
        USMC_UNCW commented
        Editing a comment
        December Meet and Greet North Carolina
        March interview Arlington
        April online app and test
        June TOL
        July Medical
        September e-QIP background and finger prints

• USMC_UNCW
        USMC_UNCW commented
        Editing a comment
        If it makes you feel any better my buddy did the info session with me and interviewed in Arlington right after me and got his TOL July 31st and hasn’t heard anything since then.

• USMC- good to know. That makes me feel better. Thank you!

Comment

• Check your emails wave 2

Comment

• What’s the average time between taking the assessment and being notified if you’re referred.

Comment

• MRock
            MRock commented
            Editing a comment
            There are ton of timelines posted on this thread, but the rule of thumb that I've seen so far is 1 month per step.

• Levithane
            Levithane commented
            Editing a comment
            Times vary. There's still people from wave 2 including myself, who haven't heard anything since interviewing. Coming up on about 3 months since interviewing soon.

• Originally posted by BuffBills123 View Post
          Check your emails wave 2
          Where are you in the process?

Comment

• Are they hiring on at Step 10? I've read some posts about guys getting GL-7 Step 10, is that a thing? I thought you had to get hired on as a GL5/7 Step 1.

If you can get hired as a Step 10, how does that work if getting promoted to a GL-9 Step 1 is less than what you made as a GL-7 Step 10? Math is hard...but this doesn't add up to me.

I apologize if this is answered somewhere else in this thread, I looked and couldn't find anything on it.

Thanks!

Comment

• Merlyn0
              Merlyn0 commented
              Editing a comment
              Two-Step Promotion Rule
              The two-step promotion rule states that a GS employee promoted to a position in a higher grade is entitled to basic pay at the lowest rate of the higher grade that exceeds his or her existing rate of basic pay by not less than two step increases of the grade from which promoted. The two-step promotion rule must be applied using one of two methods--the standard method or the alternate method.

• Tx21
              Tx21 commented
              Editing a comment
              Im curious as to how you can get hired on at a step other than 1... is that normally for current feds transitioning to this agency?... or is it so something that anyone getting hired on can ask for?

• Sgt0844
              Sgt0844 commented
              Editing a comment
              Non current fed doesn’t apply. It will be 5 or 7 step one.

• 2020Hopefull
              2020Hopefull commented
              Editing a comment
              It’s for feds who are taking a pay cut. For example if I am currently a Gs-12 step 1, you can get gs-7 step 10 and you sign paper work agreeing to take the pay cut. If you aren’t currently fed you get gs-7 step 1. Not including locality pay and year pay increase.

• Check your emails wave 1!!!!! Just got my Eqip

Comment

• Bet Wednsday
              Bet Wednsday commented
              Editing a comment
              Are you current Fed? I'm wondering if my current tier 5 bg is why I'm not getting an equip. Someone mentioned that they were just cleared without having to do equip.

• Tx21
              Tx21 commented
              Editing a comment
              No i am not a Fed. The email did say that they had to review my info to make sure i didnt already have a clearance... so if you have one already they may still be verifying it to make sure its good to go.

• chipperjones
              chipperjones commented
              Editing a comment
              im a current fed with T5 and I have never received Eqip, I'm not cleared for hire or anything, but I'm like 90% sure that they take our clearances...2018 announcement here

• Levithane
              Levithane commented
              Editing a comment
              If you have an SSBI/T5 and it was through the Office of Personnel Management, it should carry over. That was what I was told at the information session. I know there was talk that military/DOD's wouldn't carry over, but they will be in charge of backgrounds come October. So possibly anything DOD will be accepted by USMS based on that.

• Any wave 3 folks get their Assessment results back? Took mine on 10 Sept.

Comment

• Njw85
              Njw85 commented
              Editing a comment
              DJ I hate to tell you this but two friends of mine interviewed in Chicago and they received the announcement. You probably didn’t score high enough to move forward. You should of heard something by now. The announcement closed last Thursday for this recruitment region.

• hawks22
              hawks22 commented
              Editing a comment
              Njw85, you mean he should have at least gotten the assessment by now. Nobody from wave 3 has heard about passing the assessment yet
              Last edited by hawks22; 09-28-2019, 05:24 PM.

• Njw85
              Njw85 commented
              Editing a comment
              Yes they should of received the announcement/assessment by now. The second week of Oct those folks should know if they are referred or not.

Which regions are wave 3?
              Last edited by Njw85; 09-28-2019, 06:03 PM.

• Levithane
              Levithane commented
              Editing a comment
              DJ9 until you get a "no" consider yourself still in the running. Theres still people from wave 1 and 2 who have not heard anything since interviewing. As far as scoring, there isn't a scoring for the interview its pass or fail. Verbatim from the piece of paper I was given "The interview is pass/fail. The USMS does not provide applicant scores but will send out correspondence within 30 days to applicants who do not pass the interview".
              Last edited by Levithane; 09-28-2019, 10:48 PM.

• How are ya'll finding out about the information sessions? I called the local office and they told me that I would have to call the main headquarters for recruiting information. So, I then called the national recruiting phone number, and they told me that I would have to speak with a local office to find out that information!

Comment

• parkscout93
              parkscout93 commented
              Editing a comment
              Every judicial district has at least one recruiting officer. You need to speak to that person.

• Cgrizz
              Cgrizz commented
              Editing a comment
              The headquarters should've been able to tell you which region was having one coming up and then from there you would probably have to call every office in the region.

• Levithane
              Levithane commented
              Editing a comment
              I emailed the HQ email, they told me to contact them at a later date. They then told me which region was doing the information sessions, and to reach out. I ended up calling numerous regional offices, and took the first one that contacted me for an information session. You have to do the leg work of finding out more information. HR is hit or miss when it comes to asking about certain information.

• myrtlebeachPPP they are str8 spinnin yor *** lol

Comment

• I saw a post touching on this topic earlier, but I wonder if anyone has any additional info.

If you have a current DoD Secret clearance, will that cover you for your background check? Considering DoD is taking over clearances, my assumption is yes...

Comment

• Levithane
                Levithane commented
                Editing a comment
                Only a T5/SSBI/Top Secret will transfer/cover you. At the time I was told it had to be through OPM because OPM was the one who was doing backgrounds for the Marshals until October of this year. I have no idea if DOD backgrounds will transfer over. A secret will give a basis, but they'll run a T5/SSBI on you if you get to that stage. A secret clearance is not in depth enough for USMS.
                Last edited by Levithane; 09-28-2019, 10:42 PM.

• Indians56
                Indians56 commented
                Editing a comment
                Thanks for the info, luckily I don't have anything to worry about with an SSBI. I have lived a relatively boring life up till now.

• I know that some Wave 2 TOLs were sent out last week. Do we have a roll call of who received this notification or who in Wave 2 is moving forward at this time? - It's nice to see who's with you in the process.

Info session: 5.16.2019
              Interview: 6.28.2019
              Application: 8.28.2019
              Notice of Referral: 9.10.2019
              TOL: 9.27.2019

Comment

• Merlyn0
                Merlyn0 commented
                Editing a comment
                I've contact 4 or 5 who have received a TOL for wave 2. I have not received a TOL yet.

• Merlyn0
                Merlyn0 commented
                Editing a comment
                Received the TOL today.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12508 users online. 417 members and 12091 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X