Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can anyone give their experience with the initial contact for the drug/ alcohol test..... i saw someone post that they call you...... i had an issue with my medicals where FOH was trying to call me on my cell but they kept getting a busy signal... i ended up having to call them. So im a little worried that they may be trying to reach me but may be having issues.

Also, how much time were you given before you had to take the test? I work 12 out of the next 14 days and was hoping they give you at least 48 hours. Im in a small town so im not sure if they will let me give a sample at the local Lab and then request the results from there.. or if they will want me to drive an hour to the next city and give one.

Comment

• Ceann
      Ceann commented
      Editing a comment
      For the medical, are you saying you get a phone call from FOH to schedule it? Not an email? Im in wave 1 and got my TOL on 30 July and haven’t heard anything since regarding medical.

• Tx21
      Tx21 commented
      Editing a comment
      Ceann an email first ... then they will email you a number to call...... you call them and set it up..... in my case i had to get a call back bc they still needed to schedule a doctor

• Ceann
      Ceann commented
      Editing a comment
      Roger, makes sense. Thanks.

• 2020Hopefull
      2020Hopefull commented
      Editing a comment
      Ceann I got my TOL the same as you, still pending medical though, I read it was 45 days to contact you from the day they get it on their desk, not from when we send it, so hopefully it doesn’t take forever, its been around 40 days so far since I’ve sent mine back

• Check your emails fellows. Had my interview last month in Arlington.
    Last edited by FNG41YR; 09-09-2019, 06:15 PM.

Comment

• I think discouraging candidates who may not be the rabbits of the group is not productive. If you run a 12:49 FIT then all that tells me is when you get to the academy your going to run a 12:30, midway through a 12:15, each time getting better and better. If you're a slower guy or gal, keep training hard (more speed will come), stay positive, tune out the negativity and negative people, and try your hardest every freaking time. Any chief will tell you they aren't just looking for the "Mongos" of the world they are looking for the most well rounded candidates who are a benefit add to their team in all facets. Best of luck gents and ladies!!
      Last edited by La_Bamba; 09-09-2019, 11:28 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by La_Bamba View Post
        I think discouraging candidates who may not be the rabbits of the group is not productive. If you run a 12:49 FIT then all that tells me is when you get to the academy your going to run a 12:30, midway through a 12:15, each time getting better and better. If you're a slower guy or gal, keep training hard (more speed will come), stay positive, tune out the negativity and negative people, and try your hardest every freaking time. Any chief will tell you they aren't just looking for the "Mongos" of the world they are looking for the most well rounded candidates who are a benefit add to their team in all facets. Best of luck gents and ladies!!
        Thanks for the encouragement, my run time is probably closer to minimum score than most. I'm training but never been a distance runner (and yes 1.5 is distance to me) been in law enforcement almost 13 years and can follow a person in the mountains until they collapse, can out sprint most of me. Just don't do the run very well.

Comment

• Have any wave 2 men and women heard anything yet?

Comment

• Moore042915
            Moore042915 commented
            Editing a comment
            Merlyn0 Did you get referred??

• Merlyn0
            Merlyn0 commented
            Editing a comment
            Yes, I was referred. GL-7.

• Moore042915
            Moore042915 commented
            Editing a comment
            Congratulations!!! Merlyn0

• Merlyn0
            Merlyn0 commented
            Editing a comment
            Have you received anything yet?

• I interviewed in Denver mid aug, and just got an email today to apply online to an exclusive link. Does this make me wave 2 or 3? Also, does anyone know if a polygraph is part of the BI process?

Comment

• DJ9
            DJ9 commented
            Editing a comment
            I interviewed mid August in Chicago and interned with an office this past summer. The DUSM’s there said they do not poly. They’ve all been in for 13-14 years also so I’m not entirely sure on that one. I’m also curious to know which wave we are as well.

• FNG41YR
            FNG41YR commented
            Editing a comment
            No poly with the USMS

• Peacemaker27
            Peacemaker27 commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks fellas

• Mtn hkr
            Mtn hkr commented
            Editing a comment
            You’re wave 3. I also interviewed in Denver last month.

• Well I'm in complete shock I failed the assessment. Does anyone know what my options are for reapplying? Interview still good for a year?

Comment

• Levithane
            Levithane commented
            Editing a comment
            If its one thing I have learned about the Fed system is that it is completely different from state and local civil service. IE a decision you make at the local level may work well, where in the Federal level your supervisor ends up chewing you out.

• nonotnow
            nonotnow commented
            Editing a comment
            Very true. Looks like I found out the hard way.

• Peacemaker27
            Peacemaker27 commented
            Editing a comment
            How long did i take you guys to get your assessment results? I took mine today.

• nonotnow
            nonotnow commented
            Editing a comment
            You can look back couple pages ago for my comment but no more than 3 weeks i believe.

• nonotnow i didnt pass either..so ya

Comment

• nonotnow
            nonotnow commented
            Editing a comment
            Punch in the dick that's for sure. I already hit up my recruiter to see when the next info session is. Wanna get on that asap. Hopefully it works out for us. But wave 2 check your emails

• illini372
            illini372 commented
            Editing a comment
            Did you receive any type of email right after taking the online assessment? Took it yesterday and while I didn’t receive any scores, I did get one where it said the announcement was updated on my page to reflect GS-5.

• Well good luck everyone in the process, i did not pass the online assessment..so maybe i can reapply later.

Comment

• Took medical, for hearing test was told I have hearing loss in left ear. At 3k the number is 30, 4k was 35, 6 k was 40. The doctor said they like to see numbers at 25. Does anyone know if that's failing for the marshals?

Comment

• Failed the assessment. Anyone know how long until I can reapply?

Comment

• Moore042915
                Moore042915 commented
                Editing a comment
                You have one year

• illini372
                illini372 commented
                Editing a comment
                Last edited by illini372; 09-10-2019, 08:36 PM.

• I’m waiting..
              Last edited by Moore042915; 09-10-2019, 01:19 PM.

Comment

• Bet Wednesday- I have hearing loss in my left ear brought in my VA docs showing I suffer from hearing loss. It’s definitely not a disqualifying thing. If you were def then yes lol but hearing loss is not a big deal. Especially it’s just in one year.

Comment

• Aseyesee
                  Aseyesee commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I second that. I know of two DUSMs who wear hearing aids in both ears! You just have to take a additional testing with hearing aid and most likely sign paper saying you will wear ear protection when possible and wear your hearing aid when out in field. I had to do it for my department.

• Bet Wednsday
                  Bet Wednsday commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thanks for the reassurance guys!

• For the guys who failed the assessment. I have taken it twice and passed both times. I know that doesn’t help you, but when you take it again really concentrate on each question. 2 are ****ing ridiculous and 2 are close. Think like a Cop and answer like a Cop. I answered the questions as if my supervisor has reviewed my body cam footage. He’s asking me the question but already knows the answer

Comment

• Levithane
                  Levithane commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Haven't taken it, but Is it really that bad? The study guide questions seem pretty standard for the decision making portion.

• Merlyn0
                  Merlyn0 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Perfect advice, applicants that have passed, including myself have had the common denominator of working as a street Cop or at an agency that makes a good amount of on-view apps.

• Willowandrosco
                  Willowandrosco commented
                  Editing a comment
                  USMC_UNCW Do you know what the passing score is for the assessment?

• Failed the assessment.. I passed the last assessment I took for them. Unfortunate mistake on my part. Not sure how I failed it.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4924 users online. 196 members and 4728 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X