Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seems like wave 1 was the right timing to apply...feel like wave 2 is going to wait a while for movement. Anyone from wave 2 hear any rumors besides the one of waiting till wave 3 interviews are completed that we may see some movement??

Comment

• Levithane
      Levithane commented
      Editing a comment
      Going by the piece of paper they gave people who interviewed, I guess its safe to say if you didn't receive any sort of communication in 30 days you probably passed?

• nonotnow
      nonotnow commented
      Editing a comment
      I assume so as well.

• Levithane
      Levithane commented
      Editing a comment
      I interviewed in the 2nd week of July so Id say its about right at the mark. Granted if the rumour that wave 3 is being lumped in with wave 2 is true, then things could get extended I guess.

• nonotnow
      nonotnow commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm at 2 months so maybe it's 30 days from the last interviews in our wave. Who knows, all speculation really.

• Delete Delete
    Last edited by Bullockry14; 08-21-2019, 12:13 AM. Reason: Delete

Comment

• ATG1729
      ATG1729 commented
      Editing a comment
      If you don’t have a TO yet, you’re looking at least at 9-12 months post-TO before it’s realistic to see a FO. Not trying to rain on the parade, just sharing from experience and what others are seeing.

• So the fitness standards on the website have returned.

https://www.usmarshals.gov/careers/f...standards.html

Comment

• FNG41YR
      FNG41YR commented
      Editing a comment
      Yup, heard too many women were failing and we can’t have that now...

• Just out of curiosity, does anyone know if USMS has been offering Student Loan Repayment? Not a deal breaker since I'll take the job regardless, but it would be nice...

Comment

• beauonly
      beauonly commented
      Editing a comment
      I would also like to know about this! It would be a pretty large perk to be able to make some movement on this crippling student debt...

• ATG1729
      ATG1729 commented
      Editing a comment
      GS-13 should cover your student loans pretty fast...

• parkscout93
      parkscout93 commented
      Editing a comment
      No doubt, and I’m working towards public service loan forgiveness, but it would still be nice if they were repaid. Then it wouldn’t be coming t out of my paycheck.

• been about 3 weeks since the session , nothing sense.

Comment

• Wave 2 check your emails!
      Last edited by Army101; 08-20-2019, 09:34 AM. Reason: typos

Comment

• MRock
        MRock commented
        Editing a comment
        Is that about a month after your structured interview, then?

• Njw85
        Njw85 commented
        Editing a comment
        Is this the announcement fellas? Just wondering. Currently in the first wave.

Army and Merlyn sent you guys a PM.

• nonotnow
        nonotnow commented
        Editing a comment
        yeah Njw85 its the announcement. Super stoked! Polished the resume and uploaded some fresh docs for tomorrow.

• Levithane
        Levithane commented
        Editing a comment
        Seems like its a free for all when it comes to getting emails. I know all you guys interviewed at way different times.

• I'm not sure if this is the best area for this but does anyone know about using Post 9/11 GI bill during the USMS academy? I looked up the requirements and I assume FLETC is accredited and I'm just curious what zip code BAH is calculated and if they've heard of it being done. Probably should hit up some veteran deputies...

Comment

• Merlyn0
        Merlyn0 commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes you can use it. When I used it for the Border Patrol it was calculated using my sector headquarters since that was the entity verifying my training hours. That's all I can provide since I don't know if we report directly to FLETC or go to our respective offices for onboarding with the Marshals.
        Last edited by Merlyn0; 08-20-2019, 07:47 PM.

• nonotnow
        nonotnow commented
        Editing a comment
        Gotcha and thank you. The only other hiccup I could tell is that in the VA web page it says you cant have this training before. I've been to a police academy and FLETC couple years but not technically a USMS academy. Dunno if that counts or not. I'd love to use my GI bill and get that gs7/5 pay as well.

• Merlyn0
        Merlyn0 commented
        Editing a comment
        Should be fine, I used it for the Patrol and a police academy. This will be the first time for the Marshals so it should still work.

• nonotnow
        nonotnow commented
        Editing a comment
        Okay great thanks.

• Of course i am away with the military until the Aug 24, so i will be doing my application on the 25th good luck everyone

Comment

• nonotnow
        nonotnow commented
        Editing a comment
        You got time. Just remember you need to take the assessment in a shorter amount of time than the application.

• Emails to schedule medical just arrived!
      12/10/18- USMS Info Session
      3/25/19- USMS Interview
      4/24/19- USMS invite to apply online
      5/28/19 - Referred to USMS.
      7/19/19 - TOL recieved
      8/27/19- Medical sched'
      8/30/19- Drug test
      9/5/19- Medical completed*
      10/21//19 - E-Qip submitted/ Fingerprints completed.
      11/4/19- meeting with background investigator.

Comment

• mikedaly50
        mikedaly50 commented
        Editing a comment
        .....Finally!

• Tx21
        Tx21 commented
        Editing a comment
        Got mine as well!!!

• 11b_kill
        11b_kill commented
        Editing a comment
        Last edited by 11b_kill; 08-26-2019, 08:39 PM.

• Delete......
      Last edited by Lay_Tactical; 08-21-2019, 09:03 PM.

Comment

• The assessment is so weird. How could they even grade those Questions. The least likely-most likely questions.

Comment

• nonotnow
          nonotnow commented
          Editing a comment
          Yeah its def odd. Honestly the whole thing didn't make me feel that great.

• Bet Wednsday
          Bet Wednsday commented
          Editing a comment
          I believe it's based on research and studies. It might show if you are more likely to be too aggressive or not aggressive enough when needed.

• nonotnow
          nonotnow commented
          Editing a comment
          Makes sense. Just be normal is what I gather.

• Merlyn0
          Merlyn0 commented
          Editing a comment
          I definitely would have liked it better if those were asked at the interview.

• About the medical, it says to bring copy of immunizations records.i don't have copies of immunizations. Anyone else ever have this issue. Did you go out and get immunizations?

Comment

• Checkmate
          Checkmate commented
          Editing a comment
          I was told by my PCP to go to the CVS Minute Clinic to get immunizations done. Walk in, no appointment needed.

• Njw85
          Njw85 commented
          Editing a comment
          So what do we tell Walgreens? An immunization check up??

• Roninjin
          Roninjin commented
          Editing a comment
          I didn’t have any of my documented immunization records at medical and was cleared.
          Not an issue.

• From the online assessment to receiving notification for "referred to hiring manager" what was the time line for folks that are further along?

Comment

• Njw85
          Njw85 commented
          Editing a comment
          It took approximately two and a half weeks to be notified I was referred. That could change with you guys.

• 03Deputy
          03Deputy commented
          Editing a comment
          Thank you!

• I have a question someone might can answer. If you don’t have a bachelors degree is it true you are not promotable passed GS9 I have a degree but a buddy asked me because he does not. I told him I didn’t know.

Comment

• ATG1729
          ATG1729 commented
          Editing a comment
          That’s not true. I work with DUSMs who do not have a bachelors and they’re all 12s.

• jimmycoughdrops
          jimmycoughdrops commented
          Editing a comment
          That’s not true

• So basically you really only need a Bachelors degree for the FBI and DEA? and the FBI probably wants a Masters.

Comment

• nonotnow
          nonotnow commented
          Editing a comment
          I'm currently processing with DEA without a bachelor's. And you have to have a BA for USPS Postal Inspectors and I believe Atf.

• ATG1729
          ATG1729 commented
          Editing a comment
          Bachelors not required for DEA. Buddy of mine recently got on without one

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12686 users online. 496 members and 12190 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X