Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jealous I am not in the first wave. I miss that volume of shooting.

Comment

• Tx21
      Tx21 commented
      Editing a comment
      Dont be be jealous bro. Ive been watching the forums and there are guys from the 18 RG announcement that jumped ahead of those in the 17 announcement.

And even now there are guys in the 1st wave that are way ahead of others that started out in the same months. I wouldnt be surprised if some of the 2nd and 3rd wave guys jump ahead of some of us 1st wavers.

• Anyone from this announcement gotten an wmail about the medical yet? I received my TOL on July 3rd, so im coming up on 36 days and havent seen anything yet. Im guessing the usms is gonna push it to the limit lol.
    USMS Schedule B WAVE 1
    12/10/18- USMS Info Session
    3/25/19- USMS Interview
    4/24/19- USMS invite to apply online
    5/28/19 - Referred to USMS.
    7/03/19- Received TOL
    8/16/19-Initial Medical
    8/29/19-Completed Medical
    9/19/19-Received E-quip
    9/23/19-Completed Fingerprints

Current USMS TFO

Comment

• Tx21
      Tx21 commented
      Editing a comment
      There are couple of guys on here that are already done with medicals. I think the ones that are were a little ahead of others as far as paperwork goes though. So that would make sense.

If its any consolation i had my info session a week before you... but our interview and referral dates are the same. However, you received your TOL 2 weeks before i did.

I think they are doing this kind of like a “triage”. Guys in some of the other processes or who already have clearances are going through first, because there is less work to be done on the back end. Then military guys or the guys like yourself who are TFOs. And then guys like me.... on the bottom of the totem pole.

• money_mike
      money_mike commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah that all makes sense. As fast as this process has moved thus far, I still find myself being too impatient. Lol. Did you happen to get confirmation from HR when you emailed in your TOL paperwork? I never did.

• Bet Wednsday
      Bet Wednsday commented
      Editing a comment
      I didn't get confirmation either. Makes me paranoid that it didn't make it...

• Tx21
      Tx21 commented
      Editing a comment
      money_mike @Bet Wednesday I didnt receive confirmation either. I thought that was kind of weird, but then again i dont think any of this is automated this far along in the process. I’ve applied to big local agencies and most of their stuff is automated and you will get a confirmation email for stuff sent, received, or scheduled. Agencies with applicants from 2-300 all the way up to a couple thousand (San Antonio & Austin FDs and PDs)

With this process im sure they are doing things a little more hands on, maybe bc there isnt a whole lot of volume. There are people that are sending the emails and then receiving documents and doing whatever it is with them that they need to.

When i received the interview email, i actually received it earlier than what i was supposed to. Then shortly after received a “disregard” email. It freaked me out so i emailed the “sender” and got a quick reply apologizing and saying that they accidentally sent it while preparing.
      Last edited by Tx21; 08-09-2019, 10:02 PM.

• Originally posted by Tx21 View Post
    Dont be be jealous bro. Ive been watching the forums and there are guys from the 18 RG announcement that jumped ahead of those in the 17 announcement.

And even now there are guys in the 1st wave that are way ahead of others that started out in the same months. I wouldnt be surprised if some of the 2nd and 3rd wave guys jump ahead of some of us 1st wavers.
    Your right I just have to patiently wait for my turn. To the guys that have been waiting for years, I have a lot of respect for you.

Comment

• Attended information session 7/31 in OKC. Anyone know if this is wave 3?

Comment

• delossantos
        delossantos commented
        Editing a comment
        That's interesting, i went to the information session back in May for Eastern District of NY. Haven't heard a single word.

• nonotnow
        nonotnow commented
        Editing a comment
        You didnt get an email for an interview?

• delossantos
        delossantos commented
        Editing a comment
        Not at all, just did the questionnaire and they said to sit tight and wait

• Levithane
        Levithane commented
        Editing a comment
        delossantos, did you meet the minimum qualifications?

• Anyone know the number to a recruiter over in Super court? If so, Pm me. I'm trying to get into an infor session.

Comment

• DB9173
        DB9173 commented
        Editing a comment
        Just send an email to USMS general recruiting address.

• Has anyone who attended one of the Mid-Atlantic info session heard anything after their interview?

Comment

• nonotnow
        nonotnow commented
        Editing a comment
        What wave are you? Assuming 2, which case no we havent.

• Attend info session in Oklahoma on 08/01. Recruitment said around 3 weeks after I would get a notification email to apply and schedule a interview in the DC area. Anyone know how long they give you to schedule the interview after the notification??

Comment

• MRock
        MRock commented
        Editing a comment
        A week. The interview dates are approximately a month after the notification.

• Ok thanks MRock. Kinda hashing out a plan on taking off to get out there. Do they schedule the date or do you get a few options ?

Comment

• Levithane
        Levithane commented
        Editing a comment
        They give you a locations list of where interviews occurring with a range of dates at that locations. You pick the location, a date within the range given for that location, and a time. They then send you an email a few days later with all the information. I took 3 days off for when I went out to the location where I interviewed. 1 day to fly there and check in, 1 day for the interview, and 1 day to checkout then fly home. Did the same thing for the info session, and just hung out with a friend for 2 of the days I was there.
        Last edited by Levithane; 08-11-2019, 08:40 PM. Reason: Added more content.

• Jjjkklm
        Jjjkklm commented
        Editing a comment
        Ok thanks guys. Helps out..

• parkscout93
        parkscout93 commented
        Editing a comment
        How far out in advance is your interview date scheduled?

• nonotnow
        nonotnow commented
        Editing a comment
        Mine was a month if I recall correctly.

• Good afternoon gentlemen... Does anyone know what wave/locations to do the Information Session will be next for the US Marshals? I’ve been out of the country and missed the ones in my area. So I will plan on traveling but have no idea on which offices to contact and sign up to attend. Any insight on which states are remaining would be greatful!

Comment

• money_mike
        money_mike commented
        Editing a comment
        Sir. Wave 4 has already had most of their info sessions to my knowledge. Wave 5 will be next, which would be the New England District. Their info sessions will take place sometime between August 26, and September 13, 2019.

• parkscout93
        parkscout93 commented
        Editing a comment
        ne.fitness I have contact info for all the recruiters for the New England area (courtesy of my recruiter). Send me a DM with your email address and I can send it to you.

• For those who were in the Mid-Atlantic interviews held in July - has anyone been contacted by the Agency for the next step?

Comment

• nonotnow
        nonotnow commented
        Editing a comment
        All of wave 2 are still waiting. June and July interviewees.

• In a funny twist of fate, after starting this thread months ago and getting balls deep in the USMS hiring pipeline (TOL received, BI reciprocated and medical scheduled), I'm going to withdraw myself from the USMS pre-employment process.

My agency offered me a 6C position in my dream city with a paid move, starting at GL9 step 10 and LEAP right away. It's too sweet to turn down. Even if USMS started me at GL-7 step 10 (they are only offering me GL-5) I would take the competing offer.

Although the dream of being a deputy US Marshal is very exciting, it's simply not pragmatic to take the steep pay cut and lose literally hundreds of thousands of dollars over 3+ years.

Good luck to all of those involved in the process. If USMS ever opens up lateral transfers in the future I may consider coming over.

Checkmat out.

Comment

• Sgt0844
        Sgt0844 commented
        Editing a comment
        Congrats and I hear you on the pay issue.
        Last edited by Sgt0844; 08-15-2019, 12:28 PM.

• nonotnow
        nonotnow commented
        Editing a comment
        Checkmate no! First Golly now you. Just kidding man, totally understandable. We wish you the best and thanks for all the info. I have the luxury of having a huge spousal income so we can lean on that for the first couple years.

• FNG41YR
        FNG41YR commented
        Editing a comment
        It’s a big drop for me too. Starting as a 7/10 would really suck. The USMS got their 13 so it will level out. Good luck

• Has anyone else from wave one got scheduled for medical yet, I sent them back the TOL paperwork but I guess they don’t send back confirmation emails that they received your email.

Comment

• Ceann
        Ceann commented
        Editing a comment
        I haven’t heard anything since I sent my TOL paperwork in on July 30th. No confirmation email either.

• money_mike
        money_mike commented
        Editing a comment
        I received my TOL on July 3, replied with all of the documents on July 5, never received confirmation of their receiving them. 40 days from July 5, I received my medical email. Just had my medical exam this morning.

• Delete delete.
      Last edited by money_mike; 08-16-2019, 02:05 PM. Reason: delete
      USMS Schedule B WAVE 1
      12/10/18- USMS Info Session
      3/25/19- USMS Interview
      4/24/19- USMS invite to apply online
      5/28/19 - Referred to USMS.
      7/03/19- Received TOL
      8/16/19-Initial Medical
      8/29/19-Completed Medical
      9/19/19-Received E-quip
      9/23/19-Completed Fingerprints

Current USMS TFO

Comment

• Checkmate And that’s probably the best decision you could possibly make. Honestly if I didn’t have such serious issues with the way my agency is ran or my location no way I’d leave my current gig for a 7/10. But such is life. Gotta look out for you because no one else will, especially in the federal game but you know that already. Hope our paths cross in the future man.

Comment

• Checkmate
          Checkmate commented
          Editing a comment
          La_Bamba thanks for all of the help you have been, and continue to be for the other guys here in the hiring process. Stay safe!

• Anyone attend the information session on July 23rd or July 26th for the Atlanta Georgia district and hear anything back? Or know when we should expect to hear something back? Thanks.

Comment

• Ghost24
          Ghost24 commented
          Editing a comment
          How many people were in those sessions?

• Levithane
          Levithane commented
          Editing a comment
          ghost 24 Max capacity is 50 people if I recall correctly. When I went to mine, I can tell you there wasn't 50. In fact, Deputy US Marshals were kind enough to wait another 10 to 15 minutes for those who were running late, but were ultimately no shows.

• FNG41YR
          FNG41YR commented
          Editing a comment
          Depends on your recruiter's instructions. Mine said suit was not necessary. I still wore a suit though, but there were ppl in jeans

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12632 users online. 493 members and 12139 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X