Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Still waiting to hear from two announcements! Just waiting on FIT for one and waiting for an invite to apply after interview for the other!

Comment

• seems like the "2nd wave" or those who interviewed in June is moving slower according to the timelines of the previous wave. I wonder if things are backed up due to 17' 18' and now early 19' applicants moving along.

Comment

• nonotnow
        nonotnow commented
        Editing a comment
        I'd say as long as we get news this week, we are still on a solid timeline. If I remember right, it was a two week window of interviews from mid to end of June.

• Sgt0844
        Sgt0844 commented
        Editing a comment
        I didn't take into consideration that some interviews extended into early July according to the email stating interview locations/dates/times... we'll see what happens this week. fingers crossed we have some idea of whats going on by the end of the year

• Delete Delete
      Last edited by Bullockry14; 08-20-2019, 11:16 PM. Reason: delete

Comment

• nonotnow
        nonotnow commented
        Editing a comment
        Didnt realize wave 2 interviews ended so late. Thanks for that

• FNG41YR
        FNG41YR commented
        Editing a comment
        I’m doing a wave 2 interview next week

• Njw85
        Njw85 commented
        Editing a comment
        For Wave one it took 2 weeks after the last day to receive the announcement/assessment.

As for you all, I believe they are doing yours and the third wave together. Reason being the third wave starts next week and last interview is third week of August.

In reality, us first wavers should be almost done but we had a government shutdown. It took 3.5 to 4 months to get an interview after attending the info session.
        Last edited by Njw85; 07-31-2019, 06:40 PM.

• I did the information session in Atlanta 7/26. What has been timeline for people who already gotten to the pass interviews and then to internal applications?

Comment

• Ghost24
        Ghost24 commented
        Editing a comment
        How many people were invited to the Atlanta info session?

• Does anyone have the fitness information for the run. In reference to what time is needed for male in 31 year old age group?

Comment

• Lay_Tactical
        Lay_Tactical commented
        Editing a comment
        Minimum at 12:51 and that's just passing.

• Tommyjd78
        Tommyjd78 commented
        Editing a comment
        See my comments below in today’s posts.

• If you send me your email I will send you the PPT that covers all the new FIT requirements.

Comment

• Comment

• Check your emails guys!!!!!! Just got my TOL

Comment

• For us less flexible applicants, does anyone know if there’s leniency with the sit and reach?

Comment

• Tommyjd78
              Tommyjd78 commented
              Editing a comment
              Go Bills!!
              I didnt have to take the sit and reach for my FIT but my guy told me they do it at the academy for sure.

• bpa966
              bpa966 commented
              Editing a comment
              Good to see some Bills fans in here !! I just did the medical yesterday, already did the interview in April...in the process for another agency as well both moving fast.

• Got my TOL today. Check your emails

Comment

• Congrats to everyone receiving TOLs this week!

Comment

• Congrats to all who got their TOL’s. Seems like about 4 months from interviews to TOL with the 2019 first waves, good to know !

Comment

• Anyone know when the next schedule B information sessions will start

Comment

• illini372
                    illini372 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Call your local offices to inquire. If they don’t know, keep expanding your net until someone has info.

• BuffBills123 man if that is your biggest worry, don't! I used to run the fitness tests at my last agency and virtually no one fails the sit and reach. You can do yourself a favor and start stretching for 5 minutes now every day. I've seen too many candidates show up to fitness tests and haven't stretched once in years. Since you know this is part of the test it's best to come prepared months in advance.

Here's the back story on sit and reach. Once upon a time the medical and professional community were under the belief that sit and reach test was the indicator to determine if you were susceptible to back injury. Flash forward to present day and it's widely disregarded as a silly test that in no way shape or form can determine your susceptibility to back injury. There is a growing move among FLETC PEB instructors and those who actually know about exercise science, kinesiology and physiology, to do away with this test because it measure nothing as it relates to probability of injury. It's just one of those outdated things that no one wants to change because of the red tape to do so.

But none the less we have to do what we have to do, and passing this portion is something we have to do. Best way to prepare is to actually do the test (kind of):
                  http://exercise.wsu.edu/flexibility/display.aspx?id=164

A solid tutorial on how to loosen the muscles up as it is more about getting loose than flexibility when it comes to sit and reach.
                  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9gOqjHJyI6M

Comment

• Thanks everyone for the feedback. I’ll get to work.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5338 users online. 226 members and 5112 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X