Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• any current marshals here that can give insight on DEO's and moving up to DUSM'S?

Comment

• RettAllan17
      RettAllan17 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yea you can PM me.

• 11b_kill you wouldn't be the first person to do this. I'd wait until they email you the information for the physical as you may be done with the 3 month academy (assuming it's FLETC you are talking about) before that information gets handed out. If they pass it to you while you are at the academy reply to the email and tell them you are at FLETC for the next 3 months and need the location of the physical and urinalysis moved (these typically occur at contracted Urgent Care Facilities through HHS). They should accommodate you. However, before you do all that you have to ask yourself if you should give the agency your currently with a fair shot and then jump down the road. Just food for thought. Best of luck.

Checkmate man congrats, it sounds like a great situation to be in. Location is HUGE, so if you got your dream spot I'd honestly advise you to take the gig that's currently on the table and see if you like it. Contrary to popular belief there is no HR "black list" for candidates who turn it down or withdraw. Like others have said nothing is guaranteed until that final offer and you already have a guarantee right now with the other agency. I wouldn't factor in money as I would trade money for quality of work life and location any day of the week. If it were me I'd go with the dream location opportunity that you have right now versus banking on something that's not a sure thing. If all else fails and the job you take sucks you can always reapply.
    Last edited by La_Bamba; 07-22-2019, 11:34 AM.

Comment

• Checkmate
      Checkmate commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for the comment. Any idea if USMS will open up lateral transfers in the future?

• 11b_kill
      11b_kill commented
      Editing a comment
      Rog. Tango.

• Been hearing whispers of Northeast info sessions. Anyone got anything more than whispers?

Comment

• fedco95
      fedco95 commented
      Editing a comment
      Ya, I have been contacted by a recruiter and informed I should be getting an email within the August/September timeline.

• Probably a stupid question, anyone have advice on how to do sit ups quicker? I timed myself and did 45 in 1 minute. Superior is >54 in the age group I'm in. In contrast I did 62 pushups in 1 minute, and superior is >61 in my age group.

Comment

• parkscout93
      parkscout93 commented
      Editing a comment
      Don’t use energy on the way down, just flop and bounce. It’s really effective if you’re on a mat. When you get tired in the second half, twist each direction repeatedly as you come up.

And do more sit-ups.

• Levithane
      Levithane commented
      Editing a comment
      parkscout93 thanks for the advice man.

• If anyone has the new fitness test standard please send dm me please!

Comment

• Checkmate everything I hear from my recruiter and other Marshals around the country as it relates to future lateral transfer vacancies they all seem to say the same thing, never again. That's of course just their speculation and I guess the only one's who know is the power's that be at headquarters. Apparently letting guys and gals lateral in as 11 and 12's instead of making them work their way up like virtually everyone else in the Marshal Service really chapped some hides. I see both sides. I'd be ****ed if I gave up my 1811 gig to go down to a 7/10 non-1811 only to see them open up a lateral vacancy a year later but "them the brakes" I guess.

Levithane one trick that always worked for me was on the way down on your situp don't use any muscle just essentially let your back fall to the grown. Folks sometimes inadvertently do a "negative" (i.e. the use their muscle to lower their backs to the ground thus it makes muscle fatigue come on quicker).

Comment

• Just had my info session. It was extremely informative. This doesn’t apply to me, but I’ve seen a lot of questions and concerns regarding laterals and if they will match your current GS pay if you’re currently a Fed LEO. They advised they will not be accepting laterals and will not be matching pay. You can either start at a GS 5 or a GS 7 if you qualify.

Comment

• Got signed up for an info session in September! That's step 0.5 I guess.

Comment

• Sheridan1
            Sheridan1 commented
            Editing a comment
            Which area??

• parkscout93
            parkscout93 commented
            Editing a comment
            I signed up for Portland, ME since it lines up with the time I will be around there visiting family, but there are supposed to be sessions in all the districts along that Northeast corridor, CT to ME.

• Anyone from wave 2 of interviews hear anything?

Comment

• nonotnow
            nonotnow commented
            Editing a comment
            Not yet. Hoping either this week or next. Talked to a number of guys in our wave and we're all still anxiously waiting. It did say on the paper we'd hear within 30 days if we failed soooo...

• Merlyn0
            Merlyn0 commented
            Editing a comment
            Same, haven't heard any news yet but other schedule B timelines I've seen have responses of up to 45 days after the interview. Fingers crossed boys!

• Levithane
            Levithane commented
            Editing a comment
            Haven't heard a peep, you'll get a communication when you least expect it. IE you'll be in a physical altercation with a Subject and your phone will go off with the the "please apply via USA jobs via this link email".

• Is there anyone who has done a tier 5 background 2 years ago and the marshals accepted it? Mine was done a little under two years ago and I was wonder how far they'll stretch the last check. Thanks!

Comment

• Levithane
            Levithane commented
            Editing a comment
            I was told if the T5 was conducted through OPM it should carry over. Im not sure about DOD ones carrying over, guidance may change because OPM is in the process of transferring BI's to another agency.

Roninjin They have you sign a general release form. I don't believe SF86C's are in use anymore, I haven't come across any while doing case work.

• Roninjin
            Roninjin commented
            Editing a comment
            Levithane, I was asked to fill a SF86 C.

• Levithane
            Levithane commented
            Editing a comment
            Roninjin Color me surprised then. I conduct background investigations, and I haven't seen one used. They have you type it or hand write it all in?

• Roninjin
            Roninjin commented
            Editing a comment
            Levithane, I filled in the X where there was no change, rescanned the form, and sent them. There was no contact with any background investigator from Marshal's OPM. This is done through their security Dept. This may explain why you wouldn't encounter this.
            Last edited by Roninjin; 07-27-2019, 05:43 AM.

• Im hearing the powers that be are trying to get the 1st wave of schedule B into FLETC (or at least an FO) by the end of 2019 or beginning of 2020. I was reluctant to post this at first, but I’m sure some of you may be hearing things as well. I’ve read and heard about previous processes taking very long. But i trust the info.

Comment

• Checkmate
            Checkmate commented
            Editing a comment
            ^ I would imagine that you, Willow, are part of the first wave. I'm in the same boat.

• Bet Wednsday
            Bet Wednsday commented
            Editing a comment
            Fiscal or calender?

• Tx21
            Tx21 commented
            Editing a comment
            @bet wednesday Sorry, I should have clarified that. They are saying by calendar year. Which makes sense according to the info from the other forums. The 2017 and 2018 applicants seem to be moving along in the process pretty quick now. And there are already several classes scheduled for the new fiscal year starting this October. So those early classes may be filled with the remainder of the 2018 guys of the regular announcements. And that would leave the schedule B applicants on par to fill the winter classes (Dec-Feb). ............ hopefully... lol..... And for those who have received the TOL, if you look at the time frame given then the dates add up.
            Last edited by Tx21; 07-24-2019, 12:45 PM.

• Bet Wednsday
            Bet Wednsday commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks for the info tx21!

• I went to an info. session on June 26, and was told we would hear something within a week or two. It’s been about a month and I haven’t received an email. Is anyone else in the same boat?

Comment

• Historically speaking the Marshals will do their best to match your pay as it relates to steps. Meaning if your a 12/1 with or without LEAP in a LEO position taking the hit to a GS 7 you should expect to be stepped out (meaning brought in as a GS7 step 10). This is critical because as you promote up to a GS 9, GS 11, etc etc etc your steps will reflect (to the best they can) the pay you had when you left your GS 12 LEO gig prior to joining the Marshals. That's not to say HR might accidentally or intentionally low ball you, so it is up to you to catch it and protest the step they bring you in on.

To put it in context . If your a current FED LEO and your a GS 9 Step 4 your base without locality is $48,917. Historically speaking they would bring you in as a a 7/10 ($47,264), not that bad of a hit right? Well if you're not on your game and pay attention to the numbers when they offer the final and they come in at a 7/1, ($36,356) you're talking a $12,000 hit. Not too bad, certainly not ideal but manageable. Where it gets tricky is if you're already an established 1811 that is an 11/2 making $55,599 base + $16,600 LEAP for a total of $72,259 + locality, taking the hit down to a 7/1 $36,356 is a $35,000 cut and I don't know of anyone who would do that or hates their current agency that much lol. Anyways just food for thought from a numbers perspective and to keep in mind when negotiating with HR.
            Last edited by La_Bamba; 07-24-2019, 09:21 AM.

Comment

• Checkmate
              Checkmate commented
              Editing a comment
              chipperjones, I am a non-LEO 1801 GS-12 currently. I don't have a 4-year degree either. USMS offered me a GL-5 step 10 in my TOL.

• Tommyjd78
              Tommyjd78 commented
              Editing a comment
              My TOL didnt outline any pay. Wish they would have so i know exactly what Im getting.

• chipperjones
              chipperjones commented
              Editing a comment
              Checkmate ok, I am the same as you, but I have a degree, so I'm hoping that will at least put me at the 7-10? Thank you for the info.

• 2020Hopefull
              2020Hopefull commented
              Editing a comment
              When I had my info session, I was informed they won’t match gs level, but can do their best to match pay, for example if you are gs-11 and take a gs-7 for usms they might or might not be able to give you gs-7 step 10. Going back down to 7 again is going to be brutal but worth it.

Tx21 I hope that timeline is true, I’m still waiting on TOL haven’t heard anything yet, got my referred email in May

• chipperjones ooof that's a good one. I think that can go either way. HR could come at it from the perspective of "we'll try and match your pay the best way we can because you are a fed," or they can come at it that "1801 is non LEO so the pay should start at a step 1. I'm not sure how they will play it or how schedule B factors in. In the case of the latter I would absolutely fight for a step 10 if you're taking the hit from a 12. The worst they can do is say no.

Comment

• chipperjones
              chipperjones commented
              Editing a comment
              ok thanks for the info! much appreciated, gonna go light a candle to de Virgin de Guadalupe and pray for the best, thanks!

• Got tagged to schedule the medical today. This is from the Southwest info session in San Diego back in December. TOL received last month. It seems that they do things in monthly increments: Interview, apply for the announcement 30 days later, TOL 30 days later, medical 30 days later, etc.

Comment

• Tx21
              Tx21 commented
              Editing a comment
              Checkmate Thats good to know. Thanks for the info. Good luck!

• chipperjones
              chipperjones commented
              Editing a comment
              I'm southwest as well, you have to get scheduled a month out like I did?

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7795 users online. 393 members and 7402 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X