Comment

• DB9173
      DB9173 commented
      Editing a comment
      When did you interview?

• nonotnow
      nonotnow commented
      Editing a comment
      Did you get an invite to an online assessment?

• Tommyjd78
      Tommyjd78 commented
      Editing a comment
      What email did you receive?

• Back in April

Comment

• Have they sent out a second wave of invites to the USAjobs site yet? I was part of the first wave (interviewed back in March) and never heard anything back from them after the Structured Interview other than I am still an active applicant. I am closing in on a final offer with the Border Patrol and want to know if there is still hope for the USMS process. The Border Patrol is an excellent organization and I am not going to turn it down, but I would love to have a chance at being a USMS Deputy. Anyone else in the same boat? Can we put our USMS application on hold if we are at another federal law enforcement academy?

Comment

• Levithane
        Levithane commented
        Editing a comment
        Accept the BP job if its the first one you get. If USMS offers you a job and you're in the BP academy, and want the USMS job, then accept the offer. Happens all the time where people leave one agency for another while in an academy.

• Just got TOL people. Start checking your emails!
      12/10/18- USMS Info Session
      3/25/19- USMS Interview
      4/24/19- USMS invite to apply online
      5/28/19 - Referred to USMS.
      7/19/19 - TOL recieved
      8/27/19- Medical sched'
      8/30/19- Drug test
      9/5/19- Medical completed*
      10/21//19 - E-Qip submitted/ Fingerprints completed.
      11/4/19- meeting with background investigator.

Comment

• Tx21
        Tx21 commented
        Editing a comment
        Got mine as well! Very similar timeline to yours.

• Njw85
        Njw85 commented
        Editing a comment
        Got mine too!!

• Just got one!!! TOL

Comment

• Tx21
        Tx21 commented
        Editing a comment
        Got mine as well!!

• Njw85
        Njw85 commented
        Editing a comment
        I second that!!! Check those emails..

• For Anyone who already has a tier 5 background. Did you have to inform them of your background or did they already know you have one. Trying to see if I can get this expedited.

Comment

• Levithane
        Levithane commented
        Editing a comment
        I asked about this and was told that having one that fits their standards should speed things up. The only caveat to this is that it has to be through OPM, USMS won't accept DOD backgrounds (military). Considering USMS is able to locate fugitives in the middle of nowhere in Alaska, they probably already know which individuals who are applying have tier 5 backgrounds, even more so when you sign the release form.

Granted since the background process is shifting to another agency, the information I just typed could be dated now.
        Last edited by Levithane; 07-19-2019, 07:14 PM.

• Bet Wednsday
        Bet Wednsday commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks man

• Anyone referred not get a TOL yet?

Comment

• 2020Hopefull
        2020Hopefull commented
        Editing a comment
        Yup, same here still waiting.

Dec, 7th information session
        March 27 structure interview
        April 29 2019 invite to apply
        May 28th 2019 referees to hiring manager
        July nothing yet still waiting, where did you hVe yours at

• 2020Hopefull
        2020Hopefull commented
        Editing a comment
        Last edited by 2020Hopefull; 07-19-2019, 07:01 PM. Reason: Wrong post

• 2020Hopefull, Arlington.

Comment

• 2020Hopefull
        2020Hopefull commented
        Editing a comment
        Hopefully we hear by this week of some progress

• Bet Wednsday no need to inform them. Their security department will know. My TS transferred right over.

Comment

• Originally posted by La_Bamba View Post
      Bet Wednsday no need to inform them. Their security department will know. My TS transferred right over.
      How did you know your clearance transferred over, did you receive a notice? Was a T5?

Comment

• kspacey202 You won’t get any information about eqip, just some papers you have to sign swearing that you haven’t become a sh** bird since it was adjudicated, etc etc etc. mine was adjudicated for my current gig relatively recently and we are required to carry TS (T5 level).
        Last edited by La_Bamba; 07-19-2019, 09:56 PM.

Comment

• I was suppose to interview in June but they contacted me saying they would use my interview was a previous announcement. Just waiting to hear back now. Still currently in the other announcement also.

Comment

• Also received the TOL but currently going through a fed academy for the next few months. It's difficult to submit to the required medical evals and immediate urinalysis test. Anyone heard of getting the process pushed back until my current academy is complete?
            Last edited by 11b_kill; 07-20-2019, 06:04 PM.

Comment

• I'm in a weird position.

I received my TOL from USMS last month, to start as a GL-5. Waiting on scheduling medical/UA and my BI should carry over.

But I'm days away from receiving a FINAL offer to come on board with a different agency, in my dream city. Starting salary GL-9 step 10, plus LEAP right away. Plus $9,000 in moving money. Full performance level is GS-12 plus LEAP. Expecting a FLETC class date in January 2020.

The mission with USMS excites me 100x more than the other agency. But being in my dream city is a hard thing to turn down, too.

I wonder if I could do a year with the other agency then try again with USMS to come on board as a GL-7 step 10 instead of a GL-5. That year of LE experience should kick me up to a GL-7.

I plan on continuing with the USMS hiring process. Something tells me my medical will take a while to get cleared anyway. And who knows is the USMS will offer my dream city.

It's good to have options, but in this case it's kind of maddening to turn down the USMS if they come at me with a final offer down the road. On the other hand, a bird in hand and all of that.

Some kind of lateral transfer option to USMS would be ideal but it doesn't appear that that's in the works any time soon. Decisions...

Comment

• ATG1729
                ATG1729 commented
                Editing a comment
                Bird in the hand is the right way to look at this, in my opinion. Realistically, you still have at least a year from your TOL until you can expect a FO. Stay in the current process and see where it takes you, but take the other job and see how you like it. Your feelings one way or the other may change in the next 9-12 months. If a lateral announcement comes later, apply under that as well. Just my outside opinion based on the info you’ve provided.

• Bet Wednsday
                Bet Wednsday commented
                Editing a comment
                Second that, you never know what happens with the marshals. A final is infinitely better than a TOL. Too many things could happen

• ^ That's right. All of my friends who know the situation have said the same thing.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7546 users online. 408 members and 7138 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X