300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Tommyjd78 View Post
    Yup! Not that I didnt believe you but I spoke to my buddy who is a Marshal and he said they will be GS13s! Good news all around. Even better if I ever get a final offer!
    All good man. We know how the underground network of rumors works and plenty of USM didn't believe it was gonna happen until today. These guys deserved this a long time ago, so I am glad they are getting it.

Comment

• How long between info sessions did you guys do the interview?

Comment

• policewannabe
        policewannabe commented
        Editing a comment
        Sorry a better question I mean

How long did you receive and email or phone call that you were going to have an interview?

• nonotnow
        nonotnow commented
        Editing a comment
        It was only a couple weeks from the info session.

• Tx21
        Tx21 commented
        Editing a comment
        I had my info session the 1st week of December and didnt get emailed to schedule an interview until the 1st week of March.... we were going through the government shutdown though.......so for notification time you are looking between a couple of weeks to almost 3 months.

• policewannabe
        policewannabe commented
        Editing a comment
        What email did it come from?

• How do you go about applying for the Marshals??

Comment

• nonotnow
        nonotnow commented
        Editing a comment
        Do some legwork and read this thread. I'm 99% sure the info, including email addresses, you seek is in the 14 pages. If you can't do that then well...

• Has anyone heard any dates of upcoming info sessions? In the DC north east region area coming up? Or about the dates for the south east reached out haven’t been hearing any responses.

Comment

• Does anyone know if there will be any additional information sessions in the Mid-Atlantic Region?

Comment

• Everyone keeps asking about info session dates so thought I'd chime in again. Couple things. First, recruiters are going to be your best bet for sources of info directly. Call and/or email them. Second, they just had a wave of info sessions in April/May all across the U.S (minus the south I believe) so basically you just missed them. It might be a couple or 6 months for the next round. Third for Csevera, they had a bunch in May so you're going to wait at least 6 months for the next.

Comment

• Thank you sir. I’ve been trying to get ahold of my state’s recruiter with no luck so I figured I’d try here.

Comment

• nonotnow
              nonotnow commented
              Editing a comment
              No problem. In my experience email is the best bet. I'd say email once or twice a month and continue to check on here. This is another great info source, especially time wise. A lot of what is said on here for info is given out a day or two in advance depending on how fast recruiters email the info out to people.

• Jimmy what is Bandit Band?!?! Inquiring minds want to know
            Last edited by La_Bamba; 07-09-2019, 06:38 PM. Reason: Whoops should sent that privately

Comment

• Had my Info Session the third week of June. Interview is now scheduled for early August outside of my area.Recruiter stated they are hearing 10-12 classes of 50 in FY20. Let’s all hope that’s the truth.

Current LEO and military.
              Last edited by illini372; 07-10-2019, 08:33 AM.

Comment

• Njw85
                Njw85 commented
                Editing a comment
                I’m only hearing 6 to 8 classes but 10 to 12 would be great!!

• Quick academy-related question:

I can't currently run 10 miles. ****, I can't currently run 5 miles. I only started running 3 weeks ago. I am in great shape from BJJ, but my calves and legs are still getting used to running.

How good should my running be when showing up to the academy? How much will my running improve while at the academy?

I understand that I should show up to the academy in as good of shape as humanly possibly. I also understand that it's the hardest academy at FLETC.

Comment

• Tx21
                Tx21 commented
                Editing a comment
                I have a relative in the Marshals and i talk regularly to the ones in my area. I was told this academy is probably the toughest in terms of fitness and to be in your best shape when you arrive. They also said that they gradually increase the intensity. So im guessing as long as you stay in shape after completing the FIT then beginning will only by mildly hard. Lol

I’ve been training BJJ for almost 10 years and received my Blue with Relson Gracie and then my purple with Cleber Luciano. Most of my buddies are high brown or black belts now. Im not really worried about that portion that much, as i am used to rolling a couple hours with high level guys.

But yea... screw running.... lol

• nonotnow
                nonotnow commented
                Editing a comment
                I'm with you guys but every time I've done running with groups for the military or police stuff... the pace is never that quick. I'm not saying the academy won't be but I've yet to come across 6 min/mile paces. It's always been keep running and don't quit even if it's a slow pace.

• Tx21
                Tx21 commented
                Editing a comment
                nonotnow i hope its like that man. (Assuming i make it to that point). When i went through the academy our PT instructor was the Spartan Regional champ for his age group. And ranked in the nation.... i almost died ...... everyday.

• illini372 congrats on your interview man! I'm sure that's the truth as what has been told to them. The biggest obstacle they face are getting seats in CITP classes. FLETC has really outgrown their Brunswick location in nearly every aspect from providing sleeping quarters to the dining facilities. That's why there are rumblings of the USMS developing their own training program and doing away with CITP requirement. All talk at this point, but I can see why it's frustrating for them. I've done some advanced training at FLETC recently and most of them have us housed in hotels off FLETC campus. It's crazy how packed they've been and little has been done to expand the housing situation outside of the Taj being built several years ago.
              Last edited by La_Bamba; 07-10-2019, 10:11 AM.

Comment

• I just received an email from HR asking for my official graduate school electronic transcript. Info session in Dec, interviewed March, referral email in June. Not much but at least there’s movement.

Comment

• nonotnow
                  nonotnow commented
                  Editing a comment
                  What's the requirement for college credits?

• November 2018-Informational Session
                April 2019-Interview
                April 2019-Invite to Apply
                May 2019-Referral
                July 2019-TOL

Was notified last week of my TOL

Comment

• Njw85
                  Njw85 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I’m still waiting on a TOL. Also did you apply to any prior announcements?
                  Last edited by Njw85; 07-12-2019, 11:20 PM.

• HSVP
                  HSVP commented
                  Editing a comment
                  No prior announcements

• Njw85
                  Njw85 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  What grade you apply for?

• How did y’all confirm when you were invited to attend a info session?

Comment

• nonotnow
                  nonotnow commented
                  Editing a comment
                  They sent us an email to confirm.

• HSVP do you mind sharing with the group in general what area did you attend the informational session? You don't have to be specific as I am just curious if the border regions are getting TOL's first.

Comment

• Tx21
                  Tx21 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I had mine in the border region beginning of December and nothing yet i only had an 87 for my self rating of qualifications though (Gs-7).. not sure on assessment scores.... i would assume they guys with high assessment scores would go first. But who knows... its the government.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10686 users online. 398 members and 10288 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X