Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How long did it take for you guys to hear back after the interview for excepted service hiring?

Comment

• Tx21
      Tx21 commented
      Editing a comment
      Less than 1 month

• Anyone from the Chicago info session hear anything about interviews?

Comment

• Just logged back into my account after a couple of years. I know this site has some very helpful information regarding hiring, etc. So, I went to the excepted service session back in late 2018. I can't remember the specific date. I did the structured interview (passed) and was forwarded to the announcement about a month later. I completed the assessment in April 2019 and got referred in May 2019. I'm stoked needless to say, but anything can happen. Does anyone know the time frame for starting the next step or what it is exactly? Medical? Security Clearance? I'm predicting the clearance portion, since it takes the longest. I could be completely wrong though.

Comment

• Checkmate
        Checkmate commented
        Editing a comment
        Did you receive a tentative offer?

• The only thing I got was a notification of referral from USAJOBS. I haven't received anything else or separate from that.

Comment

• donovanlmoss wait until you get the tentative and then start worrying about the other stuff. If past practices are any indicator they are sending tentative offers out in waves as not to over run the security office who checks to see if your clearance (assuming you have one) is high enough for the job. If not they will start that very long process. While simultaneously doing that they will start medical which will be scheduled at a contract facility (more than likely your local Urgent Care), then comes the urinalysis, and finally the fitness test within 90 days of your proposed academy start date. They say 6-8 months total from the time you get the tentative but that is being kind. Expect no less than 1 full year or more, if it happens in a shorter time, great but that's not usually been the case. Obviously all kinds of variables factor in (i.e. dirty background, medical issues, etc etc etc). Do each phase and then forget about it because it will make you mental.

Also, if you're not training from the moment you get the Tentative you're wrong. The fit test isn't the worst thing in the world but those run times are booking it, just to pass. Not to mention ORT (defense tactics) in CITP is 56 days of just getting after it in the mat room for 2 hours a day. It's a real butt kicker and I'd imagine the Marshal instructors will show no mercy. The BDUSM 8 week add on is where it really gets physical from what all my colleagues have expressed, so train train train my friend.
        Last edited by La_Bamba; 07-02-2019, 09:11 AM.

Comment

• Tx21
          Tx21 commented
          Editing a comment
          Levithane i cant really give much info about what i know. But i’ve heard from very high up that they are trying to get the 1st group of schedule B in by the end of the 2019 year and beginning of the 2020 year.

• Levithane
          Levithane commented
          Editing a comment
          Tx21 I was told that there is a good amount of classes scheduled next year. I probably sound dumb for asking, but when you refer to 1st group are you referring to the 2018 group or the 2019 one? I can't keep track of which group is 1st, 2nd, 3rd, etc tbh.

• Tx21
          Tx21 commented
          Editing a comment
          Levithane no you dont at all bud. I know there are multiple hiring processes taking place right now, and not to mention how schedule B is happening in waves. It’s all a bit confusing.

Im referring to those that started the process at the end of 2018. The executive order took effect in July 2018. So i think shortly after that the “powers that be” got the ball rolling.

I had my info session in the beginning of December. There may have been one before that but i haven’t heard of it. And either way that would still be considered the “1st” wave.

• donovanlmoss
          donovanlmoss commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks for the info. Haha I'm active duty at the moment and I'm definitely training up for it. I'm looking forward to anything they send my way.

• So a couple pages back I mentioned I found a US marshals study guide. I've gotten quite a few messages on it and I just wanna let you guys know all you need to do is type into Google "US marshals study guide" and it is the 1st result.

Comment

• Gollywompas
          Gollywompas commented
          Editing a comment
          Incoming PMs

"Hey, can you tell which google page you used, like just regular google or is there a specific one for searching for stuff about the USMS?"

"bro.. can you tell me what you typed into google.. i found a document that clearly says USMS study guide.. is that the right one?"

"Hey, I saw you mention a study guide... my recruiter didn't give me one, could you send it to me?

"Hey man, so how did you find out about this study guide?"

• nonotnow
          nonotnow commented
          Editing a comment
          Haha well now Tx21gave them no excuses. Hes much nicer than I am.
          Last edited by nonotnow; 07-03-2019, 02:02 PM.

• Does anyone have a contact for Los Angeles or CA? I have not seen anything for Los Angeles information sessions.

Comment

• jamesch20
          jamesch20 commented
          Editing a comment
          The Marshals website has a list of recruiters from every district.

• Heres a link to the the Marshal site

https://www.usmarshals.gov/careers/prep_guide.pdf

and heres an interview link from OPM on how structured interviews are conducted, evaluated, and how applicants are selected.

https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-over...ed-interviews/

These are resources that are made easily available from the agency(s) that are handling the hiring process. Use your resources guys and gals.

Comment

• Well I got the good news call today from the FBI and will be starting there Academy on the 7th. Looks like thats the end of the road here for me. Its been fun guys, best of luck to you all.

Comment

• Tx21
            Tx21 commented
            Editing a comment
            Holy crap man congrats!

• nonotnow
            nonotnow commented
            Editing a comment
            Congrats but I thought you'd be sticking out with us!

• Moore042915
            Moore042915 commented
            Editing a comment
            Congrats Brother!!!!

• Levithane
            Levithane commented
            Editing a comment
            Congratulations!

• Originally posted by nonotnow View Post
          Haha well now Tx21gave them no excuses. Hes much nicer than I am.
          As you can see i edited my post .. lol.... initially i had something else that may have made me seem like a jerk.

Comment

• Levithane
            Levithane commented
            Editing a comment
            In your defense you shouldn't have to link this stuff man. DUSM converts to 1811 (Criminal Investigator) after 2-3 years, people need to be able to independently find information.

• Tx21
            Tx21 commented
            Editing a comment
            Levithane Yea thats kind of what i had written initially.

• Knoxville, TN office will be having a info session on August 1st.

Comment

• MisfitPunisher
            MisfitPunisher commented
            Editing a comment
            Good luck! I will be in Nashville for the 23rd of Jul session.

• Anyone hear anything from the Grand Rapids info session?
          Last edited by Manna; 07-05-2019, 04:51 PM.

Comment

• Dec, 7th 2018 information session in San Diego
            March 27 2019 structure interview in San Diego
            April 29 2019 invite to apply, I didn’t have to take the assessment they took my score for a previous announcement that I was not referred for.
            May 28th 2019 referred to hiring manager for GL5 &7.

i haven’t heard anything since, if I could give anyone advice don’t stress about not hearing anything, this isn’t my first rodeo these things take time for the government. My last agency took 14 months and from what I heard that was extremely fast.

Comment

• Njw85
              Njw85 commented
              Editing a comment
              A lot of us are still waiting from schedule B 2018 batch.

• 2020Hopefull
              2020Hopefull commented
              Editing a comment
              Njw85 when did you have your sechedule b session in 2018. Im trying to figure out when it started, wondering if I’m in the first batch of applications

• Njw85
              Njw85 commented
              Editing a comment
              Nov 2018. Interviewed in April and was referred in May. Just waiting just like you. I think something will happen soon.
              Last edited by Njw85; 07-12-2019, 11:24 PM.

• In very exciting news for all Marshals and perspective Marshals. Two different colleagues confirmed this morning that the director sent out an email today to all Deputy USM confirming journeyman 13 is a go. This means if you’re worried about leaving money on the table by leaving your current gig, don’t. Deputy U.S. Marshals will now have a full performance level of GS-13. This is huge considering the industry standard for 1811’s is GS-13 and this move puts the Marshals on par with most other Agencies. The only thing they’re waiting on now is when it will go into effect.

I put this here because I thought it was imperative that fellow 1811’s thinking about taking the temporary pay cut and jumping should be aware of it.

Comment

• nonotnow
              nonotnow commented
              Editing a comment
              Sweet thanks! My buddy mentioned this a couple weeks ago. So do you go from gs7 9 11 12 then year 5 you make gs13?

• Checkmate
              Checkmate commented
              Editing a comment
              Great news!

• Tommyjd78
              Tommyjd78 commented
              Editing a comment
              Yup! Not that I didnt believe you but I spoke to my buddy who is a Marshal and he said they will be GS13s! Good news all around. Even better if I ever get a final offer!

• nonotnow
            If I am not mistaken if you come in at a GS-7, you should be able to hit your 13 at your 4 year mark.

Comment

• nonotnow
              nonotnow commented
              Editing a comment
              Well let's hope so. Thanks for that info either way.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9713 users online. 324 members and 9389 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X