Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah, a few of us got TOLs last Thursday...

Comment

• Tx21
      Tx21 commented
      Editing a comment
      matt_laut I think the few that already got their TOLs were the ones that were already previously involved in another hiring process..... and bc they qualified for schedule B they jumped in this one as well. So some of their paperwork carried over. That could put them at maybe a 6 month head start. And i think Gollywompas may already be a FLEO and completed CITP.... im sure thats going to make a big difference in their timeline compared to someone who is starting fresh.

If anyone can give their input or experience on this (if it applies to them) that would be helpful. Its a bit off-putting to some of us who are biting their fingernails waiting and seeing other people get TOLs or moving forward in general, when in reality it may be because they are a bit further ahead in terms of paperwork, process, or because of their current federal position.
      Last edited by Tx21; 06-24-2019, 02:47 PM.

• Checkmate
      Checkmate commented
      Editing a comment
      ^ True, I started back in July 2018.

• Gollywompas
      Gollywompas commented
      Editing a comment
      Tx21 True, I'm and active applicant under the Recent Graduate announcement for DC and PR and have completed medical, UA, and FIT. I also already have a TS from my current gig as a OSI Special Agent. I did not have to reinterview or retake the assessments. I jumped on this announcement too incase RG didn't work out for whatever reason. That said I applied for RG in March of 18 and interviewed in June of 18. I didn't receive my first TOL for a good 8 months so I understand how painful it is to just wait around with no word whatsoever. I even watched people who interviewed after me get TOLs before me and all I could do was think WTH, I must have fudged my interview. As the saying goes, no news is good news, and eventually my TOL came. Hang in there guys, and if you pray...ask for patience.

• Tx21
      Tx21 commented
      Editing a comment
      Gollywompas Quality reply bro, im sure a bunch of people on here in the schedule B process will appreciate that information. Good luck!!! Hope you can get in this fiscal year!!

• I had my structured interview back in March and they never told me whether I passed or failed. Are you saying that the people that have moved ahead in the process are either current Fed LE or are a part of another hiring process and switched over to Sch. B and the rest of us general population according to sources will be contacted in July?

Comment

• Tx21
      Tx21 commented
      Editing a comment
      No...im sorry for the confusion. I guess i would be considered general population also. I did the info session in December and received the referral for hire in May ... what i was referring to was the TOLs mainly. Maybe even the assessments, as i have heard others who were in another hiring process that took the assessment were allowed to retain their scores for this schedule B process. And the same thing with interviews.

You should be contacted and they will tell you whether or not you move forward. A lot of us were contacted after the assessment and received notice of referral for hire. So the next thing to come would be a TOL i believe.

But there may be current feds or people who were initially in a different process who qualify for this one and who have done their background and clearance recently for their agency. So they will receive their TOLs sooner if they have more of their stuff done already. And may have a chance of getting into a class before the end of this physical year.

• Ok, so in your estimation if we followed up after our SI and got the email saying we are still an active applicant and to wait for the next step in the process and that it could take up to 12 months... we are out if we haven’t heard anything yet?

Comment

• Tx21
      Tx21 commented
      Editing a comment
      Its really hard to say because it may depend on your initial start of the process. I was told that we are treated as groups. So after my info session in the beginning of December i got the email for the interview and went to it the beginning of April... at the end of April i was told i passed the interview and to apply and take the assessment in the beginning of May. At the end of May I was informed that i passed the assessment and was referred to to hiring manager for hiring.

My group was dealing with the Gov Shutdown though.
      There was a big group of info sessions in December 2018 that i think took place in different parts of the country. And i think that those were the first info session for schedule B, because the executive order passed by Trump for the schedule b process was done in July 2018.

Pretty much everyone that started the process in December should be on this timeline.

• Don't get discouraged folks. Like someone else said they go in waves. As long as you haven't received the "thanks but not thanks" email you are still in contention. They have to do it in waves. The next step in the process if you got a TOL was to fill out some forms and email them to the security department to see if your clearance is high enough. Could you imagine if they sent all TOL out at the same time?! Their background folks would lose their minds. I'm sure some will go out in early July but some folks definitely did receive TOL last Thursday.

Like I said don't get discouraged. It's a weird process. Weird like when they invited people to do interviews last October for the nationwide announcement but limited interviews to 2 weeks They sent the invite to reserve your day and time out in waves and it was on a first come first serve basis. Needless to say a ton of applicants didn't get to interview because they only offered a 2 week window for said interviews. It was very discouraging but it all worked out. it wouldn't surprise me if they combined that announcement with this one for folks who attended the information session.
    Last edited by La_Bamba; 06-24-2019, 06:57 PM.

Comment

• I might post in the 2018 thread but do any vets have experience with medical? Do they want your while med file or do they only dig if you claim disability?

Comment

• Gollywompas
        Gollywompas commented
        Editing a comment
        they didn't ask me for any records but if you have a VA claim the need the original decision and rating.

• nonotnow
        nonotnow commented
        Editing a comment
        Ok thanks. Yeah I dont plan on it when medical rolls around. Wasnt sure if they wanted to poke around it otherwise.

• Gollywompas holy crap bro, you don't mean the DC, Puerto Rico announcement from 2016 do you!?!
      Last edited by La_Bamba; 06-25-2019, 10:56 AM. Reason: Grammar

Comment

• Gollywompas
        Gollywompas commented
        Editing a comment
        Nah, there was a pathways hiring for recent graduates last March that was DC and PR only. However it would not surprise me to find out there were people from 2016 announcements still waiting to get in. These processes are crazy.

• jj858
        jj858 commented
        Editing a comment
        Well I think the reason is with the USMS even if you've done everything you still might not be selected. It says that the location actually has to pick you. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that's what it said.

• I spoke to the recruiter for DC Superior Court yesterday. They're expecting to hold another information session sometime this Fall. But he said he could also send me the next list of information sessions that comes out so I could travel to one if I wanted to.

Comment

• Good Luck to all I just had my interview and I probably did not use the best examples for the questions. Therefore I'll probably will not be advancing to the next step

Comment

• nonotnow
          nonotnow commented
          Editing a comment
          Dont think so negative man. It's tough coming up with examples on the spot. You never know. Had my interview last week. I assume we'll hear back around mid to late July.

• Deadpker
          Deadpker commented
          Editing a comment
          Don’t assume anything. Some of us didn’t hear back till 10 months after.

• nonotnow
          nonotnow commented
          Editing a comment
          That was prior to excepted service and the shutdown correct?

• Levithane
          Levithane commented
          Editing a comment
          No news is good news, wouldn't consider yourself out of the running. Seems pretty normal with any Federal process to think you failed, and then you end up passing.

• What was some examples given??

Comment

• Levithane
          Levithane commented
          Editing a comment
          I would strongly advise not asking about details regarding the structured interview portion for USMS, or for any Federal Agency. Im assuming USMS has you sign an NDA, and therefore nothing can really be talked about.

• nonotnow
          nonotnow commented
          Editing a comment
          Agreed. I said what I think I could a few post up.

• I have a question I haven't seen answered on any of the forums. For the schedule B hiring seminars is the attire suits or business casual? I am more than likely traveling from Philly to Miami so I want to make sure I pack the right stuff.

Comment

• Levithane
          Levithane commented
          Editing a comment
          Had checkmate not posted before I did, I would have told you to wear a shirt with your favorite meme on it, and mismatched shoes.

Dude you're applying for a federal job wear a suit.

• matt_laut
          matt_laut commented
          Editing a comment
          Levithane don’t be a jerk off, it’s a legit question notice how I asked suit or business casual, one means suit the other means shirt, tie and dress pants no jacket. And if could be very region specific. But since you have to put someone down to feel better it’s cool. I’ll just wear a tuxedo T-shirt so that way they know I’m formal, but also I’m here to party. And no mismatched shoes flip flops obviously. All you had to say was suit dude
          Last edited by matt_laut; 06-26-2019, 08:18 AM.

• Levithane
          Levithane commented
          Editing a comment
          First of all it was a small joke, sorry if it wasn't to your liking. Wearing a suit and tie to a portion of the US Marshal hiring process is something that the forum shouldn't have to tell you. The place you go for your information session may very well end up be the district office that you get assigned to, if you pass all the hiring steps. Dress to impress, because the people presenting the information to you may very well end up being your co-workers.

• Tx21
          Tx21 commented
          Editing a comment
          Cant we all just be friends? Lol. Anyways, since we are all on the same page now i would like to make a suggestion. Try not to wear a suit that is to gaudy or ostentatious. A “plain” suit paired with good hygiene/ grooming will go a long way. I might get some bad feed back on this. You definitely want to dress to impress. But you don't wont to go in looking like a wall street bureaucrat. I only say this because i have seen this before in my current profession and i have heard the feedback on the other end.

• Random and early but do they spray or taser in the academy?
        Last edited by nonotnow; 06-26-2019, 03:13 PM. Reason: I cant spell

Comment

• Levithane
          Levithane commented
          Editing a comment
          Im sure they do. Wouldn't be able to tell you if its simultaneously, one after the other, or done on different days. Considering the Marshal "Mile" is 9 to 10 miles, the "tazer" portion could involve being sprayed.

• jj858 you got it right, kind of. Sorry to the folks who read my post before about this. After everything is all said and done (fit test, medical, urinalysis, background) HR will give you an email with that's part of final offer and in that letter will be 5 cities. At least mine had 5 cities that spanned the country. They will ask if you accept the offer and to list the cities in preferential order. HR then sends your resume to your #1 choice where the chief at that office conducts a phone interview with you. Lets say El Paso for example. If things mesh well they will tell HR they want you and they decide what office in their area that needs you. HR then comes back to you with a phone call saying the chief thinks you'd be a great fit and want's to put you in the Del Rio, TX office (for instance). At that point if you have a reason you don't want to go to Del Rio, or you would rather be in El Paso (same region just a different office), you tell HR that and they will call the chief back and see if they can't arrange it. If that doesn't work or the phone interview does not go well and the chief of that area doesn't want you they move on to your second choice and so on down the line. It should be noted when I negotiated my office after the phone interview the HR rep who I dealt with was good to go in terms of working with me. So it should be noted that I am not sure if all HR reps who do the final offer stage go that extra mile to not lose you like mine did.

It's always a risk to try and negotiate a different office in the same region and plenty of people have turned the offer down flat out and reapplied because the location didn't work for them. I would strongly urge those who got the TOL's for GS-5 DUSM to strongly consider cost of living in the areas they choose at the final stage. Having spent 5 years myself in the DC area it's brutal. It's nearly impossible (as a GS-5) if you have kids and are a 1 income family. Just food for thought.
        https://www.federalpay.org/gs/locality/washington-dc

Moore042915 I would tread lightly by asking for examples. Any candidate who discloses interview questions either exactly or similarly to the ones used on the interview panel will more than likely be removed from the process and not considered for future opportunities. I am sure you weren't wanting that but I wanted to reinforce that so no one accidentally discloses info they shouldn't. Review this if you have not already as it is right from the U.S. Marshals website https://www.usmarshals.gov/careers/prep_guide.pdf
        Last edited by La_Bamba; 06-26-2019, 10:34 AM.

Comment

• Tx21
          Tx21 commented
          Editing a comment
          Para bailar La_Bamba !!!! You have all the knowledge bro! I had questions about that also. Thanks for the knowledge drop.. Moore042915 if you look at the marshal and OPM website they actually give you tips and a breakdown of the federal interview... pretty hard for you to do wrong if you follow the guide.

• Moore042915
          Moore042915 commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks brothers!!! I’m just trying to make sure I do well.
          Last edited by Moore042915; 06-27-2019, 04:16 PM.

• Originally posted by nonotnow View Post
        Random and early but do they spray or taser in the academy?
        Im told you get oc during the citp portion, and taser during the DUSM portion. Im personally tired of getting hit with non lethals... I've been hit with CS grenades, pls, taser, oc, all multiple times. It never gets easier. This is my last time.

Comment

• nonotnow
          nonotnow commented
          Editing a comment
          Haha so keep mine at home. Got it. Talked to my buddy and he said it was nothing. Not your normal full face exposure. And if it's coming from this guy, I'm really not worried about it.

• Sgt0844
          Sgt0844 commented
          Editing a comment
          As long as things haven’t changed down in club fed they’ll spray OC indirectly at you (into a fan) to simulate blow back.

• nonotnow
          nonotnow commented
          Editing a comment
          That's what it sounds like according to my buddy. Glad to hear confirmation.

• jimmycoughdrops
          jimmycoughdrops commented
          Editing a comment
          there is also something called the Bandit Band in BDUSM! lots of fun.

• Has anyone who was considered eligible for gs-0082-7 get a TOL yet?

Comment

• Gollywompas
          Gollywompas commented
          Editing a comment
          yes, i got mine on the 20th

• NiteLite916
          NiteLite916 commented
          Editing a comment
          Ok cool. Were you referred as GS-5 or GS-7?

• Njw85
          Njw85 commented
          Editing a comment
          Golly was this for schedule B? Also are you in any other announcements with the USMS?

• Both in CITP and UPTP they sprayed us with a mist. If you have ever been sprayed in the military (i.e. stream in a Z pattern across your face) this is nothing. It will feel more irritating than anything. I never want anything to do with the military Z pattern spray again. Thee absolute worst. FLETC OC is a breeze.

Source: Been sprayed at least 5 times between training and recertification.

Comment

• nonotnow
          nonotnow commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks! Been sprayed way too many times in my career.

• Tx21
          Tx21 commented
          Editing a comment
          In the police academy they did a direct OC spray to our eyes, nose, and mouth. I felt the stream of OC hit my eyes and actually lift my eyelid. Never again.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10197 users online. 496 members and 9701 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X