Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good morning, does anyone have any information on the October and November academy being filled. If so when are the next academy dates.

Comment

• Also would like those questions answered. Wish that everyone in the process would be updated if an academy class was full so people could get an idea of when they may go. Would also like to know when people are put onto the hiring list that’s being sent out to districts. “Hey your names on the general list, and districts can now see your name” is would just be nice to know ha

Comment

• notpolitical
        notpolitical commented
        Editing a comment
        Your medical being cleared is the decider for the USMS as to when you are on the "eligible for selection" list.

• I’m part of the group that got the email talking about how you’re eligible for selection and was instructed to update our favorite district list. Myself and about 30 others are all waiting for final offers and or fitness tests and final offers. There are a couple in the group who are from the 2021 or 2022 hiring group that have just barely gotten through medical or are still in it. Just waiting to see when they’ll start emailing those without vet preference and who have responded with their wish list.

Comment

• Staysafe2214
        Staysafe2214 commented
        Editing a comment
        Hello, I took the fit in March and received the email for the wish list. Non vet and haven’t received an offer.

• nmc
        nmc commented
        Editing a comment
        Can you post your timeline? I was told today my background is done. I believe im awaiting medical now.
        At what point do I submit a wish list?

• Cgrizz
        Cgrizz commented
        Editing a comment
        vtroadrunner96 are most of those guys non-vets?

• Most people in the group are non vets, message me (Hazen Cooper)

Comment

• Staysafe2214
        Staysafe2214 commented
        Editing a comment
        Information session July 22, 2019. Interview November 19, 2019. Apply February 5, 2020. Assessment February 5, 2020. Referral February 26, 2020. TOL February 14, 2020. Medical exam June 8 and 11th 2020. Equip submit it November 14, 2020. Fingerprints November 16, 2020. Contacted by background investigator February 24, 2021. Background adjudication May 9, 2021. Vaccination verification and medical exam paperwork submit it October 25, 2021. March 4, 2022 fit test (pass). April 5, 2022 medical update. May 6, 2022 booster update. July 11, 2022 drug test. July 28, 2022 cleared for hire. August 3, 2022 wish list. Radio silence. Non vet

• Kennywc
        Kennywc commented
        Editing a comment
        Seeing these 2 -3 year timelines is demoralizing.

• Anyone hear anything here today?

Comment

• Staysafe2214
        Staysafe2214 commented
        Editing a comment
        I haven’t heard anything.

• I got an email today. I was tentatively selected as an alternate candidate for the Chicago office.
      The email said until I attend the academy I’ll have to show up to a host district as a Deputy Candidate. No start date for that or potential academy date. The email said I will be scheduled to attend an academy in the future

Comment

• Redbank
        Redbank commented
        Editing a comment
        I got the same email today but for a different office. Anyone have insight on how this alternate stuff works?

• BPVAFED
        BPVAFED commented
        Editing a comment
        Got the same email Monday and today they asked for more info, SF-50, and an HR point of contact from my current agency.

• RIVRONVET
        RIVRONVET commented
        Editing a comment
        To my understanding these types of candidates have met all requirements but due to lack of academy seating they are onboarded to keep their hiring certs from expiring.

• it's the new hiring push to hire 100 DUSM candidates and place them in Districts before an academy slot is available.

Comment

• RicardoCrashe
        RicardoCrashe commented
        Editing a comment
        Wish they did this when my Cert expired before Covid lol

• Dream-Chaser
        Dream-Chaser commented
        Editing a comment
        Did you go back through the process? Mine expired in February.

• Anyone heard anything else?

Comment

• Nothing but crickets

Comment

• Has anyone with a tentative offer for the Nov academy receive a final offer yet?
          Last edited by USMC_Grunt2021; 09-27-2022, 12:58 AM.

Comment

• Galvanap
            Galvanap commented
            Editing a comment
            I have not.

• hooligan551
            hooligan551 commented
            Editing a comment
            If it makes you feel any better, I didn't get my final offer until 2 weeks before the start of the academy.
            Last edited by hooligan551; 09-28-2022, 09:58 AM.

• Chicks406
            Chicks406 commented
            Editing a comment
            They usually go out 3 weeks prior to academy start date.

• Anyone in here have any insight on the medical adjudication for ADHD? anything helps, thank you.

Comment

• Got selected as an alternate for the October or November Academy. But looking like I will be in the Jan or Feb 2023 class. I was told I would probably onboard about a month or two before training and come into the office, has anyone else been told this? I am doing my second FIT test Monday.

Comment

• RIVRONVET
              RIVRONVET commented
              Editing a comment
              Yep it’s sort of like a stand by phase. In the event a seat opens prior to the Oct or Nov classes, you’d be asked to fill it immediately.

• BPVAFED
              BPVAFED commented
              Editing a comment
              I am on the same boat, I did my FIT test Thursday and later that afternoon received an email stating I would be onboarded later this month. My HR has already been made aware so not sure what date I would be attending an academy session.

• BPVAFED
              BPVAFED commented
              Editing a comment
              Got my final offer earlier this week bros, they're coming! EOD October 24th, scheduled for academy Jan 9th. 4 years waiting

• What about the onboarding early, is that because I am in Standby mode for those classes?

Comment

• RIVRONVET
              RIVRONVET commented
              Editing a comment
              Yep, exactly. It actually works in your favor because your time in grade starts from the moment you on board

• Congratulations man!! That is awesome, what location did you get?

Comment

• BPVAFED
              BPVAFED commented
              Editing a comment
              Southern District of Texas brother.

• Congrats bro!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2513 users online. 178 members and 2335 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X