Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I would think Manhattan is the Dallas / Austin / Houston of TX, so why wouldn’t you pick that over Corpus.

from what I’ve seen, most guys are going to border or smaller offices, so hopefully I lucked out.

Comment

• 2022 applicant here. Just starting medical process. I just wanted to congratulate all you guys who got picked up! Best of luck!

Comment

• Has anyone received an offer for the October Academy.

Comment

• Bjams
          Bjams commented
          Editing a comment
          BPAVET I got it on Monday

• BPAVET
          BPAVET commented
          Editing a comment
          So I guess they're filling both October and November at the same time.

• Bjams
          Bjams commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes they are

• Chicks406
          Chicks406 commented
          Editing a comment
          Received tentative offer for October as well.

• Where are you guys getting the knowledge that the classes are almost full ?
        Last edited by Nero_Thom; 09-01-2022, 06:32 PM.

Comment

• Anyone know if there will be a December class or have any info on the next classes?

Comment

• RIVRONVET
            RIVRONVET commented
            Editing a comment
            Nah, not till the new fiscal

• notpolitical
            notpolitical commented
            Editing a comment
            Federal Government Fiscal Year is Oct 1, 2022 - Sept 30, 2023. These sessions will be in the new fiscal year.

• Got word from one of my supervisors, in accordance with government mandates, HRD sent out a list of 50 veteran candidates to all selected districts. Districts were instructed to select candidates within this pool FIRST before all other candidates. Also, veteran candidates didn’t have to accept the offer. going forward this will be the standard practice for selected districts to extent offers to veteran candidates before any others.

Comment

• Cgrizz
            Cgrizz commented
            Editing a comment
            Makes sense that everyone that has been selected so far has some sort of vet preference

• Kennywc
            Kennywc commented
            Editing a comment
            I wonder what you had to do to get on the list of 50.. was it previously ID’d veterans of interest? 10 pt preference? I feel as if at this point in the process there are more than 50 veterans that have gone through this process (2019)

• Is this List used to fill classes for the year or every new class that there is. Does this list get used first then they pick non Vets? RIVRONVET

Comment

• RIVRONVET
            RIVRONVET commented
            Editing a comment
            List is only for the upcoming October and November classes. The list isn’t used to “pick” but to offer the positions to vets first.

• To my understanding this was a list of 50 eligible, ready for hire veterans, who completed all the pre-employment requirements. It’s safe to say, the majority of classes are predominantly veterans but not entirely.

Comment

• Kennywc
            Kennywc commented
            Editing a comment
            Nice! Sounds great, thanks for the info

• I got the email on August 3rd saying I was eligible for FY23 Q1 classes in October and November. I had previously taken two FITs, February and May but wasn't scheduled for a third for these classes. Never got an offer. Anyone know what classes they have planned for the the remainder of FY23?

Comment

• Cgrizz
            Cgrizz commented
            Editing a comment
            Are you a vet?

• Q: I received TOL for the November class with 2 duty stations and was asked to respond with the place I would prefer to accept. Should I have any concerns that the FOL will list a different location that what I accepted?

thanks

Comment

• Hey any new offers go out today.

Comment

• Congratulations to every one of you who recently received offers. One quick question, when did you all have your FIT test before the final offer? I took one in Feb. but have yet to be called for another, therefore Im very curious if anyone got a final offer prior to an updated FIT.

Comment

• notpolitical
              notpolitical commented
              Editing a comment
              I know of an FOL extended to an applicant this week, which he accepted. He has yet to do any FIT or a drug screen yet.. Oct session.

• Final offers are sent out 3 weeks prior to attending the academy. Looks like those of us selected only had the one fit test prior to being tentatively selected

Comment

• ranger things
              ranger things commented
              Editing a comment
              Negative. Some have had multiple.

• You’re right, I should have said “some of us”. The multiple fit test process is odd to me. It’s my understanding that they are given ONLY when the applicant is 90 days out from being sent to the academy. As you mentioned some have had multiple ones…guess we can all get different conclusions from it. Typical and confusing USMS hiring practices I guess. Haha

Comment

• Staysafe2214
              Staysafe2214 commented
              Editing a comment
              Yep, also did a drug test.

• ranger things
              ranger things commented
              Editing a comment
              I passed mine in Feb, no offer. Again in July. Selected.

• Cgrizz
              Cgrizz commented
              Editing a comment
              @rangerthings are you a vet?

• ranger things
              ranger things commented
              Editing a comment
              Cgrizz Yes 5pt

• Does anyone know if the October and November classes are filled?

Comment

• Cgrizz
              Cgrizz commented
              Editing a comment
              From observation it seems that half of November and October has been seated with veterans first.

• notpolitical
              notpolitical commented
              Editing a comment
              It has been that way about every year.. You can always bet on at least the first two sessions being almost completely VRA..

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2251 users online. 157 members and 2094 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X