Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just got an e-mail asking for my Sf-50, which is weird because I’m 99% sure I attached it with my application. Maybe I forgot it, who knows.

I ASSUME this is in preparation for them to issue a TOL, so they know what pay grade to offer me. Come on GL-7 step 10, big money!!!

edit: wow I’m retarded, totally forgot to attach my SF-50.
    Last edited by Checkmate; 06-18-2019, 01:56 PM.

Comment

• Bet Wednsday
      Bet Wednsday commented
      Editing a comment
      I know for a fact I didn't submit my SF50. There wasn't a spot for it when I applied. Now I'm worried they won't know to ask for it and I'll lose out on step 10.

• nonotnow
      nonotnow commented
      Editing a comment
      Without going into details it was over pretty quick. I found a study guide published by the USMS in 2012 and you can really get good sense of the interview from it. I'm used to city/county LE interviews and they operate much different than federal interviews I've taken; the latter being less personal. Nothing wrong with it, just the way they do business. I was in and out in an hour.

• Levithane
      Levithane commented
      Editing a comment
      @nonotnow

Yeah I looked at the study guide seemed pretty straight forward. Wasn't sure if it lasted as long as the study guide indicated. They tell you if you pass at the end or not?

• nonotnow
      nonotnow commented
      Editing a comment
      Nope and they had their poker face on. But IMO I think I did.

• How long after your interview for this announcement did it take to get invited to apply? I was suppose to interview this week but they said that my previous interview was good enough. Hopefully that will move things along faster.

Comment

• Njw85
      Njw85 commented
      Editing a comment
      Approximately two weeks after the last week of scheduled interviews.

If you didn’t hear back last time, it may be hard to get through again. Did you get to the end with the last announcement?

• DB9173
      DB9173 commented
      Editing a comment
      Still currently an active applicant in that announcement. I just finished my medical and waiting on FIT test
      Last edited by DB9173; 06-18-2019, 05:24 PM.

• I know there are a few people on the forum who talk regularly to some of the recruiters. Does anyone know when the next emails will be sent out for the next step after receiving the referral to the hiring manager?

Comment

• Originally posted by Tx21 View Post
      I know there are a few people on the forum who talk regularly to some of the recruiters. Does anyone know when the next emails will be sent out for the next step after receiving the referral to the hiring manager?
      Some TOL’s went out this afternoon. Be on the lookout gents and congrats to those that got them. Now your wait begins.

Comment

• Redskins3
        Redskins3 commented
        Editing a comment
        Do you know if more will usually go out or is that it for the first wave?

• Tx21
        Tx21 commented
        Editing a comment
        La_Bamba its really hard to gauge the way things are going .. haha.... a lot of applicants have their paperwork carrying over to the schedule b from the other hiring processes... not to mention standing security clearances ..... im starting fresh from Dec 2018... i got my referral for GS-7.... praying for a TOL by the end of July

• Received a TOL today. GL-5. Don't care, still accepting. Boo ya!

Now to get a hold of my VA rating decision letter...

The e-mail said to expect 6-8 more months of waiting. My background investigation should carry over and save me a few months, though.

Comment

• Originally posted by Checkmate View Post
        Received a TOL today. GL-5. Don't care, still accepting. Boo ya!

Now to get a hold of my VA rating decision letter...

The e-mail said to expect 6-8 more months of waiting. My background investigation should carry over and save me a few months, though.
        Congrats my man!!

As I thought, the TOL makes it clear that regardless of the information session attended this is a nationwide announcement so prepare yourself for a number of options gents.

Comment

• Checkmate
          Checkmate commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks bro, and thanks for helping all of us with passing info along etc.

Any guesses when a FLETC date might be plausible, if my background investigation carries over?

• Tx21
          Tx21 commented
          Editing a comment
          Checkmate Congrats bud!! Did you start this process in July 2018? And was this the only hiring process you were in? I have seen multiple people post about being in different hiring processes, so im just curious. Also you seem like you have a ton of experience, how did they only offer you a GS-5? I was referred under GS-7.... when I did the application and other initial paperwork i believe that was the only one i selected to apply for.... keeping my fingers crossed ill get a TOL in the next month or so.

• Checkmate
          Checkmate commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks Tx21. I did start in July 2018. I passed the assessment but was later rejected due to lack of education. I only have a 2 year degree, and zero LEO experience. All of my experience is military, aviation, and non-6c LE support roles. Operations, intel stuff like that. So I'm not surprised I only got rated for GL-5. It's going to be a tough couple of years lol

• Tx21
          Tx21 commented
          Editing a comment
          Checkmate ok that clears it up... sorry you have to take that bump all the way down, but hell, you got the offer so thats all that matters!

• Originally posted by Redskins3 View Post
        Do you know if more will usually go out or is that it for the first wave?
        I’d wager they go out in waves. Don’t get discouraged.

Comment

• Redskins3
          Redskins3 commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks man.

• Checkmate I’ve heard one more class is slated for this year and 4 next year. You know how the underground network rolls so take that with a grain of salt. They’re at the mercy of an overcrowded FLETC.

@Tx you’re gonna get one brother. Nothing but positive vibes your way man. Let us know when it comes so we can crack a beer in your honor!

Comment

• Kmiech
          Kmiech commented
          Editing a comment
          There’s actually supposed to be 2 in September

• Checkmate
          Checkmate commented
          Editing a comment
          Wonder if I can sneak into a Sep class. If all I have to do is medical/drug/fit test..C'mon baby!

• Anyone getting emails from recruiters in Southeast region about info seminars?

Comment

• Gordo771
          Gordo771 commented
          Editing a comment
          I was told there will a info session in Knoxville mid July, and that region 3 is needing personnel.

• Originally posted by Checkmate View Post
        Wonder if I can sneak into a Sep class. If all I have to do is medical/drug/fit test..C'mon baby!
        That would be awesome!

Kmiech the more the better!

Comment

• What is a TOL?

Comment

• nonotnow
            nonotnow commented
            Editing a comment
            Probably a terminal offer of employment.

• Tommyjd78
            Tommyjd78 commented
            Editing a comment
            Tentative Offer

• Originally posted by 03Deputy View Post
          What is a TOL?
          Tenentative Offer Letter.
          12/10/18- USMS Info Session
          3/25/19- USMS Interview
          4/24/19- USMS invite to apply online
          5/28/19 - Referred to USMS.
          7/19/19 - TOL recieved
          8/27/19- Medical sched'
          8/30/19- Drug test
          9/5/19- Medical completed*
          10/21//19 - E-Qip submitted/ Fingerprints completed.
          11/4/19- meeting with background investigator.

Comment

• What does the TOL include?

Comment

• Originally posted by 03Deputy View Post
              What does the TOL include?
              A Tentative offer is usually just a letter stating "you're eligible for hire, provided you complete these steps". More often than not it just shows a list of things you need to complete.

Comment

• Has anyone received TOL’d...I’m hearing July anyone hear different?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12681 users online. 497 members and 12184 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X