Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone went through the entire process (including taking and passing a FIT) and had their announcement close? Are there any steps you took to get back into the process, other then going to another session (if that’s what they are still called). Any help is appreciated. Initial TOL was April 2019 and that announcement closed. Age probably won’t let me go back through entire process. Thank you all and be safe. Please stay in contact with them. If you have months of non-contact, I would reach out by email if I was you all. I messed up by expecting them to be squared away.

Comment

• RIVRONVET
      RIVRONVET commented
      Editing a comment
      If you received a TOL you are still likely in the selection process regardless if the announcement closed. However, after 3 years your hiring certificate expires and you’d have to be hired before then. COVID delayed an already lengthy hiring process and the agency isn’t the best at hiring and selection.

• RicardoCrashe
      RicardoCrashe commented
      Editing a comment
      RIVRONVET is it 3 years from TOL or USA Jobs application?

• RIVRONVET
      RIVRONVET commented
      Editing a comment
      TOL, I believe.

• Hey, does anyone know the dates for the October and November academies.

Comment

• vtroadrunner96
      vtroadrunner96 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hoping to find out this week or next, really hoping the email saying “we will be making selections in the next couple of weeks” means me and others on this thread

• RIVRONVET
      RIVRONVET commented
      Editing a comment
      Nope. No dates yet

• RIVRONVET Looks like you’re the “guy who knows a guy”

Keep us in the loop

Comment

• What is an average length of time between information session to ready for hire/fit test now? Just curious if it’s worth trying again.

Comment

• Checkmate
        Checkmate commented
        Editing a comment
        Your feedback will vary a lot. Factors include VA ratings, medical RFIs, if you do/do not have a current clearance, veteran vs non-veteran status.

Anecdote: I attended my info session in October 2020 and received a location offer a couple of weeks ago. So about 22 months from start to finish.

• vtroadrunner96
        vtroadrunner96 commented
        Editing a comment
        I did my informational session in NYC October 2020 and I’m still waiting on a fitness test and final offer. CheckMate where was your offer? Find me on Facebook (Hazen Cooper)

• Anyone going to the Aug 30th class that's assigned N/CA District? If so can you PM me.

Thanks

Comment

• Contacted this morning, via phone, to conduct drug screen in the next 48 hours.

Comment

• RIVRONVET
          RIVRONVET commented
          Editing a comment
          Yup, me too

• Chicks406
          Chicks406 commented
          Editing a comment
          Good news.
          Last edited by Chicks406; 08-15-2022, 11:58 AM.

• Has anybody received any info on the October academy?.

Comment

• vtroadrunner96
          vtroadrunner96 commented
          Editing a comment
          I got the email saying that they were going to start making contacts with those for October and November in the next couple weeks and that was a week and a half ago…. Realllllly hoping I hear something this week. Myself and a couple others have been chatting about how were at the same part in the process on Facebook. (Hazen Cooper)

• Anyone who has done the drug screen, are we notified when USMS HR receives the results? Any reason to follow up to ensure they did?

Comment

• RIVRONVET
          RIVRONVET commented
          Editing a comment
          jamesch20, yes. There is a lottery system at play. Selected districts are given a list of eligible candidates. This allows districts to select favorable candidates such as former TFOs or other vetted candidates. Candidates who aren’t picked by any district are automatically assigned a district/office by HR based on needs of the agency.

• Bjams
          Bjams commented
          Editing a comment
          I was told by HR that it is possible to not get picked up at all

• Bjams
          Bjams commented
          Editing a comment
          Where did you hear HRD will assign?

• RIVRONVET
          RIVRONVET commented
          Editing a comment
          I work for the agency. In regards to your question: Is it possible that districts pass up on candidates and HR does not assign? Yes, it’s possible. But at the moment the agency is severely low on DUSMs and many districts are in need of manpower.
          Last edited by RIVRONVET; 08-18-2022, 10:24 AM.

• Anyone else besides me find themselves checking their email at an alarming rate lately? I feel like USMS is very serious about making quite a few hires here in the coming weeks or at least academy selections based on their uptick in correspondence with candidates. I guess until I hear anything the best thing to do is continue to run and workout. The suspense keeps building.

Comment

• Cgrizz
          Cgrizz commented
          Editing a comment
          LeoGrind33 brother, you are not the only one. the number of times I check my email has become impulsive at this time. All I keep hearing is to stay patient and stay ready.

• Bjams
          Bjams commented
          Editing a comment
          I hear you. Same over here

• vtroadrunner96
          vtroadrunner96 commented
          Editing a comment
          Same here, if you haven’t already done so, message me on Facebook, got a group of fellow candidates who are around the same part of the process, been communicating faster and able to network with other candidates much faster than this outdated forum. Hazen Cooper, friend me or message me and I’ll add ya to the group (private group so only fellow candidates will be able to see what we chat about)

• Have any Current Deputies used the GI bill for the academy and OJT.

Comment

• BPAVET
          BPAVET commented
          Editing a comment
          The 9-11 GI bill will pay you Basic housing allowance for OJT and the academy.

• RIVRONVET
          RIVRONVET commented
          Editing a comment
          I have heard from some of the newer deputies that they were only able to use the GI Bill for OJT, not the academy.

• BPAVET
          BPAVET commented
          Editing a comment
          Thank you, is the time you spend as a 0082 considered OJT.

• RIVRONVET
          RIVRONVET commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes, that’s correct

• Hope it was the same for everyone, but I received a call earlier today - asking if I am willing to go to NYC. He then asked a few interview type questions. Said he needed to contact a few others, but will be back in touch. We shall see.. I’m in TX.

Comment

• Chicks406
          Chicks406 commented
          Editing a comment
          Congrats. I was always curious why some got calls others just got emails from HR. Makes sense!

Do you mind sharing, when you started the process, vet (points), LE experience?
          Last edited by Chicks406; 08-23-2022, 10:51 AM.

• Galvanap
          Galvanap commented
          Editing a comment
          @Chicks

Info session Oct./20’
          Medical cleared 5/9/22
          FIT and drug test - 7/12/22
          Vet /masters degree

• Chicks406
          Chicks406 commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks man.

• Galvanap
          Galvanap commented
          Editing a comment
          @Danielsen

It was not, but he did ask about it.

“I know you didn’t list NY as part of your wish list, but you did indicate you were willing to go wherever. Is that still the case”

List:
          TX
          NM
          AZ
          OK
          Then “all”

• Yeah- Wife was ok with making the change

Comment

• Danielsan
          Danielsan commented
          Editing a comment
          Was NYC on your "wish" list and/or did you rank it at all?

• I wish more phone calls are going out…

Comment

• Chicks406
          Chicks406 commented
          Editing a comment
          I bet once the HR emails/calls start going out more people will. Although I would have loved to receive any call lol, seems like it's a little different than most.

• November FY23 class tentatively scheduled from November 14, 2022 to April 3, 2023.

Comment

• Galvanap
          Galvanap commented
          Editing a comment
          Any word on October?

• RIVRONVET
          RIVRONVET commented
          Editing a comment
          I’m asking around lol

• Iceman710
          Iceman710 commented
          Editing a comment
          Has the academy increased from 18 to 20 weeks? Ive seen varying answers with course content revisions.

• Checkmate
          Checkmate commented
          Editing a comment
          Oct FY23 class starts 17Oct22.

• Is it right in saying that this hiring process is around 24 months?

Comment

• Galvanap
          Galvanap commented
          Editing a comment
          Checkmate. So you received “the email” for the Oct. class? Congrats BTW. When ?

• Cgrizz
          Cgrizz commented
          Editing a comment
          Checkmate so October offers have already started going out?

• RIVRONVET
          RIVRONVET commented
          Editing a comment
          I believe seats for both Oct/Nov are being filled, a fellow officer received his yesterday for the November class

• illini372
          illini372 commented
          Editing a comment
          I received my first offer at 13 months(Aug 2020). Local PD, Vet, TS clearance

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2174 users online. 148 members and 2026 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X