Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jamesch20 that is the golden question. no idea on my end.

Comment

• For those people still waiting to get into a class, I just got off the phone with an OPS supervisor and he told me there's going to be an October class. Hopefully that will be the case for everybody that's ready to go!!

Comment

• JMack86
        JMack86 commented
        Editing a comment
        That would be nice and that’s when the new FY starts. It’s definitely frustrating, as we all know, get this done asap and you’ll be ready for selection. I got this email from HR on Monday

We have received your completed FIT test from the district and Drug test. You are now awaiting selection for a FLETC class seat, and you may be contacted by one of our team members with the next steps.

Gotta love it

• Has anyone gotten a FOL for the August 30th class? Just curious if they normally send a packing list with that FOL and if anyone has a copy of that list.

Comment

• Good morning has anyone else taken the fitness test?. Without receiving an offer.

Comment

• Americus
          Americus commented
          Editing a comment
          FIT on 8 July. Was due by 12 July. Not a word since.

• Chicks406
          Chicks406 commented
          Editing a comment
          I’ve taken 3.
          FIT 1 2/18/22
          FIT 2 5/6/22
          FIT 3 7/6/22

• Dream-Chaser
          Dream-Chaser commented
          Editing a comment
          I took one in February. Lol. Passed it and never heard anything else. I sent an email and got the “you’re an active applicant waiting for hire”.

• I was just wondering if anyone had any input on why make us fit test without a tentative offer.

Comment

• Americus
          Americus commented
          Editing a comment
          I think that way too, but I’ve seen people say they’ve taken 3-4 FIT tests because they we’re going to expire due to not going to the academy within the 90 days. So, for some reason, they do ask for a FIT and then not immediately offer you the job.

• Are you all 2019 or 2020? Those of you who did fit in July

Comment

• Americus
          Americus commented
          Editing a comment
          I’m not sure what date you go by. USAJOBS submission was January of 2021.

• Chicks406
          Chicks406 commented
          Editing a comment
          I’m 2020 recent grad applicant.

• BPAVET
          BPAVET commented
          Editing a comment
          I'm a 2019 applicant applied USA jobs in 2020.

• Dream-Chaser
          Dream-Chaser commented
          Editing a comment
          I think I’m 2019 but this process is so wonky that I have no clue if I’m coming or going. If this a head game, they are winning. Ha

• Received 2nd courtesy email today stating my application status. Informing me that my medical and background has been cleared and are pending selection. Also, they said that they will contact me for another FIT test. Not sure if I need to take one right now if the August academy is full.

2020- RG candidate

Comment

• Cgrizz
          Cgrizz commented
          Editing a comment
          Axeaxe received the same email

• Danielsan
          Danielsan commented
          Editing a comment
          Same, except this is the first time I've ever been formally notified I've cleared everything. What's funny though is I've been cleared for hire for over 1.5 years. I was told I'm in the applicant hiring pool by several different USMS personnel over that time frame. This email made it seem like they are just now adding me to the hiring pool...

• Good morning, does anyone have the proposed Academy dates for fiscal year 2023.

Comment

• mmyers
          mmyers commented
          Editing a comment
          The only thing i know for sure is there is supposed to be 8 classes for FY2023 and the first one is in October.

• BPAVET
          BPAVET commented
          Editing a comment
          I hope there is an October class, I know for the 2022 fiscal year the classes started in January.

• vtroadrunner96
          vtroadrunner96 commented
          Editing a comment
          I’m waiting on a fit test and a final offer for New England or mid Atlantic, I’ve also been told I am in the hiring pool from the 2020 job posting. Hoping for September or October. Anybody else hoping for CT or NYC?

• Cgrizz
          Cgrizz commented
          Editing a comment
          vtroadrunner96 have you already been offered New England? If not, How do you know your offer is going to come from that region?

• No I haven’t been offered anything yet, I’ve heard they’re hiring in regions you did your structured interview and informational session in… was told I was in the pipeline for Manhattan. I’m literally waiting on just a fit test and a final offer… I’ve seen others say they’ve taken fit tests multiple times and it’s been months of not hearing anything, I know covid had something to do with it but hope that it picks up soon and we all hear good news. New England would work great for me

Comment

• mmyers
          mmyers commented
          Editing a comment
          I wouldn't count on getting a specific area. You may get lucky but me for example, I applied out of New Mexico and got offered Omaha, NE. Unless there's something specific keeping you in the NE area I'd take any offer you get.

• Dream-Chaser
          Dream-Chaser commented
          Editing a comment
          I am a 2019 applicant and I took a fit in March. I have heard nothing else except an email asking if I was still an interested candidate (June when I got that email). I sent an email seeing where my status was and received an email stating my announcement had been closed and that they could not hire from that announcement. I was told to reapply through excepted service. They said I should have received an email stating that the announcement closed in February. The “good news” is I could possibly reuse my BI and medical if still valid. I don’t know. That’s just where I’m at; feel free to message but that’s all I know at this venture. Probably to old to reapply.

• Galvanap
          Galvanap commented
          Editing a comment
          Sept. is closed. :/

• Emails went out this morning.
        Oct. and Nov. classes confirmed
        “ ready to begin selections in the next few weeks”
        -had me list top choice states again.
        -List excluded states that will not be hiring in 23’

“Will also be pre selecting for future FY23 classes”

Comment

• Americus
          Americus commented
          Editing a comment
          I received this email as well. Most states and territories are on there. Some of New England was left off, Mississippi, Hawaii, and Alaska. That said, every region of the country is available.
          Last edited by Americus; 08-03-2022, 09:47 AM.

• Zbaibyu
          Zbaibyu commented
          Editing a comment
          Saw the email, disregard!

• Chicks406
          Chicks406 commented
          Editing a comment
          Most peoples last FIT in July?

• vtroadrunner96
          vtroadrunner96 commented
          Editing a comment
          I got the email as well asking me to rank my top choices. I’m from the 2020 hiring group who did informational session in October 2020. Friend me on Facebook because this notification system sucks (Hazen Cooper) hope to network with you guys and maybe see you in the October or November class. Still waiting on a fit test tho

• This morning, our ACDUSM spoke to some of us in the merit promotion pipeline and told us that HRD has scrubbed all applicants over 5 years that were still lingering and plaguing the applicant system and HRD would focus solely on all current eligible applicants for the upcoming FY academies. It was also suggested that hiring would speed up considerably due to less backlog. Coincidentally, the email some of us received mentioned pre-selection and upcoming selection notices. Keep y’all’s hopes up and be ready.
        Last edited by RIVRONVET; 08-03-2022, 12:39 PM.

Comment

• Chicks406
          Chicks406 commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks for the information.

• Received a tentative selection for the August academy with a location as an "alternate". Does anyone know what the "alternate" means? is it for the academy date or the position?

Comment

• FNG41YR
          FNG41YR commented
          Editing a comment
          It means be ready in case someone declines the offer or backs out last second.

• 2 years in, so I’m looking for any positives. May mean something, may mean nothing..

Email from yesterday vs email from late March.

“You are eligible for the upcoming FY23 classes “

”You may be eligible for the for the upcoming FY22 classes”

the next few weeks will tell ! good luck my dudes.

Comment

• Chicks406
          Chicks406 commented
          Editing a comment
          Nice attention to detail lol. I like it, and am the same as you as far as looking for any positives.

• vtroadrunner96
          vtroadrunner96 commented
          Editing a comment
          Chicks406 are you also just waiting for final offer? Friend me on Facebook, hopefully some of us on this forum will be classmates soon (Hazen Cooper)

• Fit assessment emails will be going out, I got mine yesterday. Has to be done before the 11th.

Comment

• Chair4ce
          Chair4ce commented
          Editing a comment
          Is the FIT changed now? The last one I took was sit n reach, push ups sit ups and 1.5. The new sheet they sent out is push ups, planks, floor touch and 3 mile.

• Americus
          Americus commented
          Editing a comment
          Chair4ce if it has, it’s changed in the last 30 days. I took mine July 8th with push-ups, sit-ups, sit and reach, mile and a half.

• Danielsan
          Danielsan commented
          Editing a comment
          Chair4ce I think you’re referring to the FIT Readiness Program attachment they sent out with the “cleared for hire” email. It’s under the self-assessment portion that shows those exercises. I think it’s supposed to be used to gauge where you’re at physically, not a new FIT standard.

• Staysafe2214
          Staysafe2214 commented
          Editing a comment
          The fit test is still the same that information is for the expectations for the Academy.

• Haven’t done one, this will be my first. To my understanding, I’ve been cleared and eligible since May and I’m just now taking my FIT. No rhyme or reason.

Comment

• Chicks406
          Chicks406 commented
          Editing a comment
          Oh ok well that’s good at least you are getting it now. Better than taking three for no reason lol. What is the merit promotion program?

• RIVRONVET
          RIVRONVET commented
          Editing a comment
          Merit Promotion is the deputy pathway for internal operational and administrative employees in the USMS.

• Chicks406
          Chicks406 commented
          Editing a comment
          Awesome thanks for that info and passing on the internal info.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2303 users online. 157 members and 2146 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X