Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question for you guys that are nearing the end of this process. I just got my referral letter, and it’s probably going to be some weeks before I get my interview. I’m moving states next month, how do I go about notifying them of that? It would be a pain to have to come back here for an interview and eventually a FIT, etc. do I just update my USAJOBS profile when I move or is there an email for the OPM I can use? You can’t edit your application/resume after it’s been submitted. Any body else moved during the process? Thanks guys

Comment

• hooligan551
      hooligan551 commented
      Editing a comment
      Email exam and let them know. I had to update some info and I did it through them. They replied back stating my information was updated.

• TonySoprano
      TonySoprano commented
      Editing a comment
      What do you mean by email exam?

• hooligan551
      hooligan551 commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm sorry. You haven't gotten a TOL yet so exam hasn't reached out to you yet. Not sure how to help your situation.

• Interviewed for a northeastern district today, 2019 wave 2 guy. Anybody have experience interviewing for a position instead of just being offered one via email?

Comment

• Donjuan85657
      Donjuan85657 commented
      Editing a comment
      It’s common. Every district does things differently. Some Chiefs prefer to do informal phone interviews to get a feel for the candidate before making the selection.

• hooligan551
      hooligan551 commented
      Editing a comment
      I know of a person in the hiring process who received a phone call from a district. It was an informal conversation. They also asked if he was interested in working in that district. He ended up getting selected to another district, but it happens.

• I took my FIT test this past February and I’m being told I will have to take another FIT test next week. Apparently, FIT test results are good for 45 days from the start date of the academy and my FIT test results are outside that window. But even with this second FIT test, the timeline doesn’t quite add up

I don’t know if this means I’ll get a seat in the June class or not because I haven’t heard anything else regarding an offer/location. Does anyone else have any thoughts? Has anyone else who’s recently tested (within the past 3 months) received anything similar?

Comment

• hooligan551
      hooligan551 commented
      Editing a comment
      If I was reading that mass email sent out in March correctly, I got the impression previous FIT tests taken were not good for anything past the April class. I would take it as a good sign for June or July if they're having you take one agian. Also in the email, they said FIT results were good for 90/120 day prior to the start of class.

• Random_LEOuser
      Random_LEOuser commented
      Editing a comment
      I know the email said 90/120 days. That’s why I was confused I have to retest. The fit coordinator who told me I’d have to test again said the FIT test was good from 45 days from the start date of your academy

• hooligan551
      hooligan551 commented
      Editing a comment
      Honestly, who the hell knows at this point lol. I'm sure what ever the standard is now will change in 3 weeks.

• Did anyone else receive a fol?

Comment

• mmyers
      mmyers commented
      Editing a comment
      What office did you get offered?

• Has Anyone taken the virtual Info sec? Is that on a suit! Or is a one way video conf?

Comment

• Nope; another class probably filled and watching from the outside. I’m glad that I completed that paperwork in the two days I had to complete it two months ago.

Comment

• Tol for June class today, pray for me to get the final! 2019 wave 2 no vet

Comment

• hooligan551
          hooligan551 commented
          Editing a comment
          Congratulations man.

• Danielsan
          Danielsan commented
          Editing a comment
          It wasn't a final offer for June? Just tentative?

• Hearing a second round of FIT are going out to applicants who have completed one roughly 45 days ago.

Comment

• I believe so, my fiancee was called yesterday to do her second FIT test. She's a 2020 candidate non vet.
          Last edited by devildog23; 04-27-2022, 12:12 PM.

Comment

• I did my second round of fitness testing yesterday. Last fit test I took was this past February. I’m a 2019 Wave 5 candidate. No -vet

Comment

• Checkmate
              Checkmate commented
              Editing a comment
              No news of an offer?

• Random_LEOuser
              Random_LEOuser commented
              Editing a comment
              No news of an offer yet

• How do you know what wave and all you are ??

Comment

• hooligan551
              hooligan551 commented
              Editing a comment
              When HR emailed me, my wave was in the title of the email.

• Got another fit email

Comment

• TXSP
              TXSP commented
              Editing a comment
              When was your last test?

• ranger things
              ranger things commented
              Editing a comment
              Dang, I'm hoping to get a second one soon. Did you reach out at all since your first FIT? or just waited?

• Miss_Guided20
              Miss_Guided20 commented
              Editing a comment
              I work with Marshals Daily. The FIT instructors where I am at have no clue or notice why they are being given out again. Just another wrinkle we don’t know about:

• FNG41YR
              FNG41YR commented
              Editing a comment
              First week of March was my most recent FIT

• Does anyone know if the June class is full?

Comment

• TXSP
              TXSP commented
              Editing a comment
              I don’t believe so. I’ve heard offers are still going out this week.

• Staysafe2214
              Staysafe2214 commented
              Editing a comment
              Thank you.

• Both May and June classes have not been filled yet. I spoke with a friend who works in HQ, who told me this.

has anyone reached out to HR for a status by chance?

Comment

• Donjuan85657
              Donjuan85657 commented
              Editing a comment
              There is no May class. Lol.

• Veteran PTSD Rating
            I already saw a few people talk about it in a forum back in 2017, but I’m looking for more of an official based answer vs an anecdotal answer.
            Do guys that have a PTSD rating of no more than 30% get hired on?
            BACKGROUND: 5 years Infantry, 8 years SOF with an 80% VA rating. Basically, a bunch of little 10% from wear and tear and a 30% PTSD rating. I’m still in the service and about to commission as an Infantry Officer on the NG side of the house. So, the military still rules me as capable and competent to lead men in battle… but will the USMS medical team let me be a deputy?
            I just got the conditional job offer asking for all my VA info, just don’t wanna get my hopes up.
            I really appreciate any of you guys taking the time to respond.

Very best,
            HelpBox

Comment

• mmyers
              mmyers commented
              Editing a comment
              I wouldn't stress about it. What they did for my medical was have my doctor sign a form saying that I was medically cleared for work based off of my last 3 years of treatment for PTSD. I haven't received any type of treatment so it was a pretty straight forward process for me.

• HelpBox101
              HelpBox101 commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks, brother.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3124 users online. 148 members and 2976 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X