Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good luck and God bless to the April class!

Comment

• Secretcowboy
      Secretcowboy commented
      Editing a comment
      There is absolutly no way illini372 is telling the truth. 1-They will never offer him or anyone a duty location without a completed Fit test, and 2-They will never offer locations 4 different times. Please don’t take what this guy is saying as the truth on here.

• TXSP
      TXSP commented
      Editing a comment
      Secretcowboy I wouldn’t say it’s impossible. Strange things have happened in this process for everyone. And I seem to remember several other people receiving offers this year before passing the FIT. I’d have to read back through this thread though.

• RIVRONVET
      RIVRONVET commented
      Editing a comment
      I agree, one of the 082 deputies in my office was offered a location months before he even took a fit test. 4 locations does seem like a lot but not impossible

• illini372
      illini372 commented
      Editing a comment
      I’ll send you the emails if you'd like “cowboy”. Call me a liar and I’ll show you the proof. Chicago -Boise - Milwaukee - Chicago. Hell, the first Chicago offer even came with FINAL offer. Start date in the field office too. FIT Test to be completed at a later date. Were just eager to onboard and reserve an Academy slot when it was paused for COVID.
      Last edited by illini372; 04-24-2022, 03:00 PM.

• anyone else on here in the April class?

Comment

• Has anyone else received an offer for the June class?

Comment

• Creed Bratton
        Creed Bratton commented
        Editing a comment
        I got one.

• Cgrizz
        Cgrizz commented
        Editing a comment
        @creedbratton when did you get the call and what locations were you offered?

• Creed Bratton
        Creed Bratton commented
        Editing a comment
        I just got an email saying it was a TOL for a location and a Date for FLETC saying I had 24hrs to respond, which I actually didn’t see until the next day when they sent another email about it giving me another 24hrs. I think they might have called that second day too after not answering for 24hrs.
        I asked if I could have more options for a location but they said that if so refused this one I would go back into the pool with no guarantee of getting picked up again so I accepted it. She said that the office you get has chosen you and you don’t get a list of choices anymore. Which sucks.

PM me and I’ll give you more details on location of whatever else.

• RIVRONVET
        RIVRONVET commented
        Editing a comment
        Creed, yeah that’s usually the way they paint it. They’ll say if you don’t pick what’s been offered you might not get offered again. It usually works as intended, I have heard stories of people flat out refusing and eventually picking an office of their choice. It IS true that offices pick their candidates for placement.

• The June class starts June 20 and graduation is in September

Comment

• hooligan551
        hooligan551 commented
        Editing a comment
        I think graduation is at the end of Oct. Academy is 4 months long.
        Last edited by hooligan551; 04-15-2022, 02:17 PM.

• Axeaxe
        Axeaxe commented
        Editing a comment
        Here are the remaining classes left. Start and finish.
        06/20/22-11/02/22
        07/18/22-11/23/22
        08/29/22-01/11/23

• TXSP
        TXSP commented
        Editing a comment
        I thought there was one in September also?

• Donjuan85657
        Donjuan85657 commented
        Editing a comment
        August class is 2-3 days shy of September so it has been referenced as both the August and/or September class

• Long time follower of the thread, first time poster.

Info Sessions: 7/25/2019
      Structured Interview: 11/18/2019
      Formal Resume on USA Jobs: 2/4/2020
      Tentative Offer: 5/14/2020
      Medical: 6/11/2020
      Fingerprints/background: 11/13/2020
      Vaccinations request: 10/20/2021
      Email about eligibility: 3/21/2022
      Medical update: 4/5/22
      FIT Test: 4/15/2022

I have friends from my last Police department that are in the April Academy that went to the info session with me. They are vets and said that the class is mostly vets (I am not). Myself and another buddy who are not vets just took FIT test and are hoping for the June class.

I was told I should hear back 1-2 weeks after my FIT test regarding a District Office contacting me, I will keep you all updated.

Background: 5 years LEO and Bachelors in Criminology

Comment

• I am curious to see how many people here have taken a FIT recently?

Comment

• Dream-Chaser
          Dream-Chaser commented
          Editing a comment
          A lot of people took fit about a month ago (though process and waiting for call). Most thought we might slip into April class. Nope! I wonder when June class will begin to be filled.

• Notafed
          Notafed commented
          Editing a comment
          Be prepared to do it on like day 3 at the academy I hear, you going home if you fail it. They are really tired of people showing up not ready.

• RIVRONVET
          RIVRONVET commented
          Editing a comment
          At the academy the final fitness test is the one that counts. Sometime during the first week, candidates will take a mock test that inspectors stress is real but it’s just to mind f***. Also, they usually smoke the life out of candidates for a few hours prior so there is some people that will obviously fail due to being exhausted, but aren’t sent home. Point is, be as physically fit as possible.

• Mr.Fett540
          Mr.Fett540 commented
          Editing a comment
          Twice: 3/4/22 and 4/12/22

• After more than 3 years I got an e mail today with a tentative selection to an office and June 21 start date. I don’t think I will accept the offer but good luck to all and good luck to the individual that gets the offer in my place.

Comment

• Random_LEOuser
          Random_LEOuser commented
          Editing a comment
          What type of background do you have? LEO or military?

• Michael Scarn
          Michael Scarn commented
          Editing a comment
          I got offered Bakersfield California. It is in the Eastern District of California. I currently work in Law Enforcement.

• Watex
          Watex commented
          Editing a comment
          Were you looking to get a different location?

• RIVRONVET
          RIVRONVET commented
          Editing a comment
          Some of these locations are tough especially considering most applicants start as 5s or 7s. Cost of living in Cali is ridiculous, even in a sh*thole like Bakersfield.

• Greetings all,

Long time follower, first time posting. My timeline is as follows

Information Session (SA, Texas) 10/29/2020
        USAJOBS Application 12/17/2020
        Interview (Dallas, Texas) 03/12/2021
        Offer Letter 04/05/2021
        Medical Completed 04/21/2021
        EQIP 04/27/2021
        Vaccination Status Requested 02/14/2022
        PFT Completed 03/29/2022

Comment

• I have a couple questions if anybody can help out. I completed my medical exam about a month ago and I had to go to a third party clinic due to there not being a FOH in my city. The clinic said I received a no response on my hearing test for my left ear. I’ve never and don’t have issues with my hearing at all. (Double checked with another hearing test to ensure there wasn’t really something wrong with my hearing). The problem is the clinic submitted my paperwork with the no response on my hearing. Will the medical office ask me to redo the hearing test? I don’t want to be medically disqualified due to a clinical error.

Also, I received an email stating my pre-employment security screening process has been completed. Does this mean my background is complete? Sorry for the long post.

Comment

• Have you been offered a FOL for June? If so what wave were you in, what district office, and are you accepting the offer?

Comment

• Thought I would share, it might be interesting to applicants from 2019/2020: .

Due to class delays and/or cancellation at FLETC during the pandemic, there is a large number of applicants who have been awaiting selection since being recruited in 2019 and 2020. As such, the applicants are sitting on hiring certificates that will expire soon, also may be some applicants in this pool are veterans who must be offered a seat before the offer can be extended to recently selected non-vets. To ensure the agency doesn’t lose viable candidates before their certs expire. HR will focus on seating candidates from the oldest cert first. This might mean the upcoming FY2022 classes in June, July, Aug will be filled with these candidates…hope it helps

Comment

• Donjuan85657
                Donjuan85657 commented
                Editing a comment
                RIVRONVET What’s your timeline, Wave, Vet status, etc?

• RicardoCrashe
                RicardoCrashe commented
                Editing a comment
                3 years from Application date or TO?

• TXSP
                TXSP commented
                Editing a comment
                Anybody received info on how many are remaining and active from 2019?

• RIVRONVET
                RIVRONVET commented
                Editing a comment
                Donjuan85657, Mm I’ll be honest I don’t even remember most of the stuff. Vet. Info Session Fall 2020, Interview July 2021, Medical ✅, Cleared TS background 03/2022. Waiting on FT
                Last edited by RIVRONVET; 04-20-2022, 07:41 PM.

• How long did it take for your TS clearance to go through ? And did they inform you of the clearance ?? I had my interview with my investigator March 1, 2022 and not sure what’s next. Thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by Nero_Thom View Post

How long did it take for your TS clearance to go through ? And did they inform you of the clearance ?? I had my interview with my investigator March 1, 2022 and not sure what’s next. Thanks
                Depends, each background is different. I had my initial interview and EQUIP the first week of December 2021. My investigation was pretty straightforward. I didn’t hear anything until March 2022, when my investigator reached out to me via email to follow up on a few questions. Once I provided the info I got an email from JSTAR a few days later saying my T5 was approved.

Comment

• Thanks for all the messages. I think it’ll be easier to respond to everyone here. I am not a veteran. And below is my timeline-

5/13/2019- USMS Info Session (Wave 2)

7/11/2019- USMS Interview

8/20/2019- USMS invite to apply online

9/10/2019 - Referred to USMS

9/24/2019 - TOL recieved

2/21/2020 - Medical complete

04/17/2020 -E-Qip submitted/ Fingerprints completed

8/21/2020- Notification of terminated investigation

11/06/2020-meeting with background investigator.

4/5/2021- background is complete and has been approved

*really long period of waiting*

3/7/2022- FIT Test

4/18/2022- “good news” email (tentative offer letter with location and FLETC date)

Comment

• Does anyone know if they’re still doing 6 days a week? If not, can we leave on the after hours and over night on the weekends?

Comment

• Checkmate
                      Checkmate commented
                      Editing a comment
                      It’s back to business as usual from what I’ve heard. But more importantly, what office did they offer and are you accepting it?

• Creed Bratton
                      Creed Bratton commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I accepted. PM me for more details.

• Creed Bratton
                      Creed Bratton commented
                      Editing a comment
                      So, back to normal as in we also have the general fed classes for the first part then the marshal classes?

• Checkmate
                      Checkmate commented
                      Editing a comment
                      No, back to normal as in, school 5x/week with weekends and after-hours free to go off base and do whatever.
                      BDUSM is now integrated with CITP (BDUSM-I) so that USMS instructors run pretty much every minute of your duty time.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2193 users online. 148 members and 2045 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X