Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Based on my knowledge, HQ uses some sort of lottery type system to award academy seats to its districts, It’s fair and random. A good example my district was awarded 5 seats for the BDUSMI-2201 class and another 2 seats for the BDUSMI-2202 class. Out of those seats the District (usually the Marshal and Chiefs) sit down and allocate which offices within their district will be awarded the deputy coming out of the academy. I don’t know how far in advance the districts know the seating for upcoming classes. But there is a method to the madness.

Comment

• 144 seats left … May the odds be in your Favor.

Comment

• Hey all,

First time poster but long-time thread follower. I'm a 2019 wave 4 applicant with everything completed and a recent successful fit test.

I wanted to share some interesting data that I found (link below) as well as some information that many might find useful. Although it appears it was never finished, we can see that between the 2019 waves 1-3, there were a total of 603 TOL's issued. If we spitball the numbers, I'd say that there were approximately 900 TOL's issued for 2019 (+/- 50ish). Subtract those that failed medical/background, those that moved on to different jobs, those that declined offers, the 144 or so that are already in classes for this year, and the ones that didn't want to take the vax for FLETC. Also, I was told by a senior DUSM who was at my fit test that they are seeing a roughly 40-50% failure rate. I'm not sure if that's the region I'm in or service wide but take that into consideration too. With that said, I was the only one who passed in my group. I'd say the 2019 list is smaller than we think, however, I have no information on the number of cleared applicants that got poured on top of us from 2020/2021.

Wishful thinking or not, I think we could all use a little hope in this tiring process.

Source for data: https://govtribe.com/file/government...-draft-dot-pdf

Comment

• Miss_Guided20
          Miss_Guided20 commented
          Editing a comment
          Or like some State and Fed agencies you can FIT before the process really starts and figure out whom is ready to go at the point. But when an application runs 2-3 years … Candidates tend to get lax’d. Saw it first hand.

Texas DPS FITS before BI and then starts the process for selection.

• BuffBills123
          BuffBills123 commented
          Editing a comment
          Danielsan
          They did roll out mass FITs but it’s my understanding
          that applicants are allowed 3 chances to pass it, prior to being hired. Unless something recently changed, there is not a merit based system for hiring regarding fitness.

• Dream-Chaser
          Dream-Chaser commented
          Editing a comment
          I guess people should start hearing something soon about the June class?

• Whoop Whoop
          Whoop Whoop commented
          Editing a comment
          Wave 4 applicant from 2019
          - didn’t get scheduled for a structured interview until October of 2020.

Seems like because of Covid and that I’m pretty far behind on the ball for everyone else that attended in 2019.

• Since we’re on the fit topic… I was browsing the USMS website recently and came across a slideshow titled “USMS FIT Readiness Program”. Figured I’d share it on here for the folks who don’t frequent the website and are looking for some stuff to help them get ready. Stay motivated guys and gals. Those of us who have made it this far are extremely blessed to have this opportunity, regardless of how long it’s taking.

Comment

• RIVRONVET
          RIVRONVET commented
          Editing a comment
          Yep, there is an in depth FIT readiness program PDF file that provides a comprehensive package to assist in assessing over all physical readiness, it also has some insight into common injuries and has tips to improve breathing and stuff. Pretty well rounded

• Direct link to the FIT readiness program: https://www.usmarshals.gov/careers/F...ss-program.pdf
        USMS Schedule B 2020

Oct20 Info Session
        Dec20 Notice of Invitation to Apply
        Dec20 Applied/Written Assessment
        Jan21 Referred for GL-5
        Mar21 Interviewed (PASS)
        Mar21 TOL Received
        Jun21 Medical Accomplished (delay due to COVID vaccine)
        Aug21 Background Investigation reciprocated
        Feb22 Request for additional medical info
        Mar22 Medical Cleared
        Jun22 FIT (PASS)

Comment

• RIVRONVET
          RIVRONVET commented
          Editing a comment
          Yep, that’s the one! Thanks Checkmate

• For those that have applications that were submitted several years ago, have any of you updated your resume with HQ or the Exam email? Is that even a thing? I'm sure many of us have been promoted, completed more specialty training, or received new awards in the elapsed time.

Comment

• Miss_Guided20
          Miss_Guided20 commented
          Editing a comment
          I’m pretty sure it wouldn’t matter as the Posting is for a GS 5-7. But many whom have promoted and been trained may not take the job now because of better pay after 3 years of wait.

I personally know two applicants at the GS-12 level who will just continue with their current career path.

• BuffBills123
          BuffBills123 commented
          Editing a comment
          They won’t allow you to update your resume unfortunately. Myself and others have tried and HR advised they will only utilize the resume submitted at time of application.

• Datemike
          Datemike commented
          Editing a comment
          That is unfortunate. Especially if Districts are using the resumes as a selection tool.

• Received Medical Form USM-522 and Vax Status update.

Anyone else?

Comment

• NorthLions308
          NorthLions308 commented
          Editing a comment
          They sent me a medical update the same day as the mass email came out, except the Vax update.

• hooligan551
          hooligan551 commented
          Editing a comment
          Did they attach two of the same forms for you guys? One PDF and one word.

• Abdul2
          Abdul2 commented
          Editing a comment
          I haven’t received anything. I submitted my vax in feb right before my fit. Medical appointment was in April of 2021 and it cleared in Nov of 2021. Anyone else?

• Danielsan
          Danielsan commented
          Editing a comment
          I got the email this morning as well. It's about 6 months from the last time a large portion of us were asked (early October).

hooligan551 I downloaded the latest Adobe Acrobat Reader and then downloaded the pdf because I couldn't see that one for some reason. I got it to open and it's the same form. One is pdf and the other is word compatible.

• For those that received that vax/medical update … are you in the 2019 schedule b? Anyone not receive that email here ?

Comment

• WilliamB275
          WilliamB275 commented
          Editing a comment
          Received it. I initially started out in 2019 Wave 4 but got moved to December 2020 announcement.

• Kincaid
          Kincaid commented
          Editing a comment
          A few of us recent grad 2020 applicants received it as well. A few with FIT complete and 1 with medical complete but not FIT.

• Whoop Whoop
          Whoop Whoop commented
          Editing a comment
          I’m in 2019 B, did not receive email

• I received the same email this morning.

Comment

• I received it this morning.

Comment

• Hopefully it’s a good thing!

Comment

• Miss_Guided20
              Miss_Guided20 commented
              Editing a comment
              Doesn’t seem to be a mass generated email. All we can do is hope!

• Dr.Zeus
              Dr.Zeus commented
              Editing a comment
              I got that email twice now… once in November last year.

• I've posted this in the 2020 recent grad thread but don't know if I have here yet. Apologies if I did, last time putting this out there.

For anyone still in the process for the 2020/2019 announcement we have a discord chat with about 10 applicants. Most are either at the FIT stage or passed. If you are interested in joining, message me and I'll send you a link. Just let me know where you are in the process.

Comment

• Looked for this question in the thread but didn’t find it immediately: what’s the vax requirement look like for fletc? One shot, or “full vaccination?”

Comment

• TXSP
              TXSP commented
              Editing a comment
              I asked them that question. Unless something has changed in the last six months, you have to be fully vaccinated per the CDCs guidelines. So one J&J shot or both shots of the other brands.

• what are the criteria for the FIT test compared to the final test in the academy?

Comment

• Is there an email specifically for medical to check your medical status? Had my medical at the beginning of October and its been crickets.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2175 users online. 138 members and 2037 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X