Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I was told background prior to everything else is the new norm?
    Last edited by leophilly001; 12-04-2019, 04:52 PM.

Comment

• Levithane
      Levithane commented
      Editing a comment
      That is up for debate. Some people on here have posted they interview with an investigator before a polygraph, some have said they did it after. Typically an agency will have a polygraph before a background investigation, but since it sounds like DEA is having people fail BI's they might have changed the order. How someone fails a background investigation, but passes a polygraph is beyond me (its usually the other way around).

• BlakSupaman
      BlakSupaman commented
      Editing a comment
      This is true to my understanding.

• Just FYI to anyone applying under the new announcement, the PT test is the first thing they're having people do now. Old announcements will continue the old way from what I was told.

Comment

• Levithane
      Levithane commented
      Editing a comment
      nonotnow Did they actually test people/candidates on a range for shooting? Just curious because it seems like theres a lot of liability in doing something like that.

• nonotnow
      nonotnow commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah you applied and if they liked your app you'd go to the range they had and shoot the course of fire. Current cops could bring their service pistol and everyone else could bring any firearm they listed. Basically anything other than a revolver or some weird *** caliber. I think they still do that same procedure to this day.

• nonotnow
      nonotnow commented
      Editing a comment
      I should have mentioned almost 100% of the applicants have been thru the academy when you apply. So that helps a lot.

• FNG41YR
      FNG41YR commented
      Editing a comment
      Nonotnow that is some backwoods type of stuff right there. Sees the guy bringing a desert eagle to the qual

• Has anyone else had a COL since August and not received an Equip?

Comment

• nonotnow
      nonotnow commented
      Editing a comment
      I know someone who hasnt. His application got hung up due to a lack of a signature on the app.

• greatness33
      greatness33 commented
      Editing a comment
      I received my COL in September and have not received my epuip yet. I'm testing out of dallas and was told they are really behind in the hiring process

• Levithane
      Levithane commented
      Editing a comment
      greatness33 I tested at the same field office, if I recall correctly they don't have a polygraph examiner as of current.

• Does anyone have an HR contact or email they can share?

Comment

• Mardan777
      Mardan777 commented
      Editing a comment
      If you get one let me know.

• Out of LA... Finished psych interview last week and taking the drug test today. I have poly, medical and backgrounds left. But I already have a TS SCI from the military so hopefully that’ll expedite things.

Comment

• Got a phone call from a buddy. My poly should be scheduled for January. Def all over the place as I still haven't had a psych or medical.

Comment

• nonotnow
        nonotnow commented
        Editing a comment
        Definitely not. Just looked that form up and I've never seen it before.

• Levithane
        Levithane commented
        Editing a comment
        You'll have to do the Eqip form/SF-86 before getting polygraphed. If you haven't been given a link to do that, they won't be able to schedule a polygraph.

• nonotnow
        nonotnow commented
        Editing a comment
        Got it thanks. Just took a look at it. Looks like that'll be a blast to fill out.

• nonotnow
        nonotnow commented
        Editing a comment
        Disregard.... read the email wrong.

• Anyone out of Houston div? Received my COL in August and still have seen no movement at all. Last email I sent to recruiter was about a month ago and he said just to be patient.

Comment

• For those that do not pass the polygraph, how long after and by what method is the failure notice? I’ve heard it’s by U.S. mail.

thanks in advance

Comment

• aspiring_1811
          aspiring_1811 commented
          Editing a comment
          Every poly I've ever done I'm told the results on the spot at the end. Granted, I've never failed one but I assume if you fail they'll tell you.

• FNG41YR
          FNG41YR commented
          Editing a comment
          If it's like the FBI. I have a buddy that received the "thank for applying" via regular mail.

• Fermi
          Fermi commented
          Editing a comment
          Hearing this from multiple people, they do not tell you on the spot if you pas or fail. You will receieve a vague letter in the mail saying you are no longer being considered due to....I also heard you can call your recruiter after about a week to ask how your poly went.

• Originally posted by USMC86 View Post
        For those that do not pass the polygraph, how long after and by what method is the failure notice? I’ve heard it’s by U.S. mail.

thanks in advance
        I find that hard to believe you would get something like that via snail mail. Ask your recruiter, they probably have more info about that than anyone on here does.

Comment

• Originally posted by USMC86 View Post
          For those that do not pass the polygraph, how long after and by what method is the failure notice? I’ve heard it’s by U.S. mail.

thanks in advance
          Just move on and don't dwell on it. If you are thinking about appealing, you won't get anywhere.

On a side note, my PFT is in 10 days. Really hoping the process speeds after that as another state agency will be making their decision in the upcoming months.

Comment

• nonotnow
            nonotnow commented
            Editing a comment
            Good luck. First or last pft? If it's your first, you've got around 8 to 10 months still.

• dark321
            dark321 commented
            Editing a comment
            It will be the last pft, I had gotten injured so this is the maximum it was delayed. Thank you!

• Polygraph was scheduled this morning for late January. Does anyone know academy dates for 2020?

Applied: 8/2018
          Written Test: 2/2019
          Panel Interview: 4/2019
          PT Test: 5/2019
          Medical: 6/2019
          Psych: 7/2019
          E-QIP: 9/2019
          Polygraph: 1/2020

Comment

• Fermi
            Fermi commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks for the update! I filled out my EQIP in September too so I'm hoping I hear for my poly soon.

• Donjuan85657
            Donjuan85657 commented
            Editing a comment
            Where you processing out of?

• kb9977
            kb9977 commented
            Editing a comment
            San Francisco

• Donjuan85657
            Donjuan85657 commented
            Editing a comment
            Thank you bud

• I got an email Friday to schedule my Poly for this coming Wednesday, but I am at Fort Dix in Master Leader Course. He gave me a couple of other dates and I am going to do it in January. I have several Military schools coming up that I already have lined up.

Comment

• Fermi
            Fermi commented
            Editing a comment
            Nice! What office are you out of? And how long since you've completed the EQIP? Thanks in advanced!
            Last edited by Fermi; 12-16-2019, 10:00 AM.

• Did you all apply to the 2019-1 announcement?

Comment

• Fermi
            Fermi commented
            Editing a comment
            Yes, I did.

• Has anyone on here that applied under the 2019-2 announcement received their eQip invite?

Comment

• nonotnow
            nonotnow commented
            Editing a comment
            I think I'm 19-2? I got my link and a buddy told me my poly is scheduled for January.

• decleator
            decleator commented
            Editing a comment
            Received mine today. Psych interview tomorrow.

• nonotnow
            nonotnow commented
            Editing a comment
            Damn still waiting on mine. That's set up thru the local office right?

• amb1424
            amb1424 commented
            Editing a comment
            Decleator check your PM

• Howdy folks, long time lurker and search bar ninja. Glad to see everyone’s process is moving along fairly quick; good luck!

I’m active duty military, currently deployed; my SA recruiter put my package on hold (BA2019-2 applicant) til I get back.

Regarding BAT: does anyone know the general training schedule? My wife is from the Quantico area, and I’m curious if we are required to remain on the campus on nights and weekends. I read on the FBI’s website that their Special Agent Trainees remain on their campus for the first 3 weeks/weekends, and I assume the DEA has a similar policy.

Thanks for any gouge.

Applied: SEP 2019 (BA2019-2)
          Mil Hold: NOV 2019

Comment

• Levithane
            Levithane commented
            Editing a comment
            Since both of you have military obligations, find backup plans for employment. Being 100% serious when it comes to jobs like this. There's absolutely no guarantee of passing everything (this was even indicated the day I went to go take the written test), the only thing in your control is your physical fitness. Metaphorically speaking its like playing Russian Roulette with a revolver that has 5 bullets in it when it comes to Federal jobs.

• 4trbrown
            4trbrown commented
            Editing a comment
            nonotnow: Thanks for the rumor, that’s in line with other unofficial word I’ve heard and is more or less what I was expecting.
            Last edited by 4trbrown; 12-22-2019, 06:01 PM. Reason: Edited to remove unsolicited advice.

• nonotnow
            nonotnow commented
            Editing a comment
            Levithane- Yeah I agree. Theres so many variables. If I sign my year extension, I'm basically saying DEA isnt going to work out. I just hope by May I have a more clear picture of what's going on.

• Levithane
            Levithane commented
            Editing a comment
            I mean I would sign the year extension if I were you, only because its a sure thing. Worst case is you pass everything for DEA, and are offered a spot and unable to attend that specific class. I don't see them dropping you for asking a later class due to military obligations.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 14588 users online. 415 members and 14173 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X