Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How long after the eQip do things start to move for most? I received COL in mid-September but no eQip yet.

Comment

• JPlowry
      JPlowry commented
      Editing a comment
      I’ve had a COL since last November and have completed psych interview etc...no eqip. Recruiter says patience is part of the job. So basically it’s a toss up. There’s no rhyme or reason, at least that I’ve seen.

• amb1424
      amb1424 commented
      Editing a comment
      The problem is with the 2019-02 announcement you cannot go further in the process without eQip.

• nonotnow
      nonotnow commented
      Editing a comment
      The crazy thing is ive gotten the eqip without doing the paych or medical. Obviously no pattern.

• JPlowry
      JPlowry commented
      Editing a comment
      There’s definitely no pattern. My recruiter called a friend of mine, who just finished the poly, and asked about his timeline so he could relay that info to other people he is processing. So basically the recruiters don’t even know what’s going on at HQ or why some are getting through quick and others are lost in the shuffle.

• When will they hire again?

Comment

• For the background investigation, do you meet with the investigator? If so at what point in the process do you meet with them?

Comment

• Levithane
        Levithane commented
        Editing a comment
        Any time there is a job that requires a SSBI/Tier 5/TS Clearance, you will be meeting with an investigator. Some people met with their investigator before getting polygraphed, others met after they were polygraphed.

• mcafs0
        mcafs0 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks for the info Levithane.

• Well...a year after getting a COL I finally got the eqip on a Sunday..

Comment

• nonotnow
        nonotnow commented
        Editing a comment
        That's crazy. Have you finished other steps while waiting for it?

• JPlowry
        JPlowry commented
        Editing a comment
        I’ve done medical and psych. Just have poly left and background.

• nonotnow
        nonotnow commented
        Editing a comment
        So weird. I need those and I have the eqip link.

• COL forms completed and sent. How long until others heard back to continue the process? Can I travel to complete it faster?

Comment

• Originally posted by myman12 View Post
        When will they hire again?
        I'm wondering that myself.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShortRound87 View Post

I'm wondering that myself.
          When I took the writing test at the FO, it sounded like there was going to be another announcement fairly soon after. If I had to guess the reason it didn't appear, it has to do with the current Federal Budget situation going on in DC.

Comment

• ShortRound87
            ShortRound87 commented
            Editing a comment
            All hail the budget. That seems to be holding up a lot of progress across the agencies, as far as new applicants go.

• Levithane
            Levithane commented
            Editing a comment
            Oh dude, its a terrible situation. Its started to bleed out into the contractor realm, no application movement = no case work for BI's.

• .... ... ..
          Last edited by Donjuan85657; 12-05-2019, 07:52 AM.

Comment

• Got my e-QIP yesterday. I was a mid September COL. Hoping things get spun up fairly quick now. Going into the holiday season may slow it down but I'm hopeful at-least a poly and/or medical can be completed before the new year.

Comment

• nonotnow
              nonotnow commented
              Editing a comment
              Same. Already do your psych? Want to get medical done before January.

• aspiring_1811
              aspiring_1811 commented
              Editing a comment
              No, I haven't done anything yet. I was under the impression I needed to do my e-QIP before anything else moved.

• Hello all, I am in the 2019 process. Any insight on how the process is going for any of you? I passed all the preliminaries and submitted my e-Quip and received my COL. I already have a TS through DHS in which my 3rd re-up was this year. It looks like DEA uses the same organization, NBIB, through OPM.

Any insight on timeframe (from others you know of) on how long the pick up with a clearance investigation? I am trying to gauge a class? Anyone hear from someone in training now?

I spoke to HQ and they now give yo your location with your final. You choose between 7 location, 4 have to be large offices (min). Any ideas as to what you heard is open?
            Last edited by BlakSupaman; 12-02-2019, 10:20 AM.

Comment

• mcafs0
              mcafs0 commented
              Editing a comment
              BlakSupaman, looks like we’re on the same timeline. I received e-quip November 13, and completed it on the 15th.

• BlakSupaman
              BlakSupaman commented
              Editing a comment
              @mccafs0 HUH! That is interesting because that means we (I am truly speculating now) are in the shoot for a projected class. They must have some master plan as to when they expect all the final parts of the process to be completed to place us in a class based on the parts of the process folk enter in.

I am in the DC area and when I was taking the tests the Agent said the DEA was looking to hire 2000 agents over the next five years. There is a reason for that. That number seems high but it may be near accurate. My friend who is a BAT in structor said they were told in 2020 they were going to be tasked with one class a month--he said that was not feasible but they are working out the logistics and feasibility on how they plan to train all these new folk.

• mcafs0
              mcafs0 commented
              Editing a comment
              BlakSupaman, Wow, that is interesting! Hopefully we hear something soon!

• Lonestar001
              Lonestar001 commented
              Editing a comment
              Outside of NYC, DC, LA, what are considered large offices?

• Originally posted by BlakSupaman View Post
            Hello all, I am in the 2019 process. Any insight on how the process is going for any of you? I passed all the preliminaries and submitted my e-Quip and received my COL. I already have a TS through DHS in which my 3rd re-up was this year. It looks like DEA uses the same organization, NBIB, through OPM.

Any insight on timeframe (from others you know of) on how long the pick up with a clearance investigation? I am trying to gauge a class? Anyone hear from someone in training now?

I spoke to HQ and they now give yo your location with your final. You choose between 7 location, 4 have to be large offices (min). Any ideas as to what you heard is open?
            NBIB no longer exists, all the background work was given to DOD under DCSA via executive order. Agencies like USMS are transferring T5/SSBI/TS, but I don't think DEA is doing that. Don't expect anything anytime soon, my area does backgrounds for DEA, and I haven't gotten any work for them in awhile. Also, since we are in the month of December don't expect any movement at all.
            Last edited by Levithane; 12-02-2019, 11:05 AM. Reason: Added sentence.

Comment

• mcafs0
              mcafs0 commented
              Editing a comment
              Why do you think nothing will happen in December?

• kb9977
              kb9977 commented
              Editing a comment
              Ill add that unless your office has a full time polygrapher, expect that to be the hold up. DEA polygraphers are short-handed and over worked at the moment.

Many feds take the holidays off, meaning less bodies to push the applications through. My office included.

• Levithane
              Levithane commented
              Editing a comment
              mcafs0 nothing happens in December because of the holiday. The first 2 weeks of the month is when every office and agency works semi normally. The last 2 weeks and part of the first week of January, people take extended vacations.

On my end the month of December is arguably the most unproductive month out of the year to do background investigations. Majority of the places where background interviews can be held are operating on different hours and schedules. Its also virtually impossible to get any sort of records around this time of year, as well as get ahold of references.

• Thanks for the insight guys.

Comment

• Levithane , how long does it take to complete a background Investigation?

Comment

• Levithane
                Levithane commented
                Editing a comment
                Depends on how many times you've moved, how many jobs you've had, when your references can meet, and if you have any issues that require more people being talked to for. Generally whenever I get assigned a portion of a case I have it completed in about a week or sooner. Sometimes you have to be contacted back to provide additional information the investigator missed, or they were instructed to get additional info.

Adjudication takes the longest because your file is sitting on an adjudicators desk in no particular order, unless it is considered priority.

• Yes, you get to choose now and will know your place of duty prior to going to Quantico. I know a BAT instructor who drills with me at my unit he verified that. Apparently, when you get your final offer of employment they give you a list of opening and you rank them as to where you want to go. As stated earlier you have to choose seven location and four have to be large offices. I verified that talking to DEA HQ Human Resources who is signed to my file (they are really nice folk).

Levithane
              Thank you for the insight. You are right December is aTERRIBLE month for the federal government and also the gov't might shut down again. The DEA changed 2019 applicants process (according to DEA HQ) to have the background done first (they had issues with folks getting to Quantico and not able to pass the background), but they may do all the other things in the interim (just guessing here).

To be honest, I want a class after June so I can finish grad school. I graduate in May.

Comment

• BlakSupaman
                BlakSupaman commented
                Editing a comment
                Levithane I spoke with the HQ HR Person for a while after I called to verify the receipt of my e-Quip. I was told that the process was reversed reference the BI's for those under the 2019 announcement. Apparently, there were a few who went to Quantico who were subsequently removed because of BI issues. I verified that with my buddy who is a DEA BAT Instructor. So, folks like me hav to have the BI before I complete the remainder of the process.

To my understanding the DEA no longer will send you to Quantico without a BI or interim clearance. Polygraph is not conclusive (not even admissible in court); it is a tool used as part of the process. Polygraphs are subjective and only passed because of the one performing the test. BI's are more accurate that poly's.

• Levithane
                Levithane commented
                Editing a comment
                BlakSupaman that makes sense. Theres always so many discrepancies when conducting the casework, I don't even know why they use polygraphs for pre-employment anymore. Would make more sense if they were conducted after someones background was done.

• nonotnow
                nonotnow commented
                Editing a comment
                When I took my past 2 poly's, like you said they were used as a tool. Not a show stopper in itself. Has DEA changed their policy as to now it's not a pass/fail like the MAC?

• BlakSupaman
                BlakSupaman commented
                Editing a comment
                nonotnow I do not have any information to answer that question on the poly and their policy. I just know they, like many other agencies, use it as part of the process. I only took one years ago when I was a Trooper with VSP. However, all I have ever heard that it is subjective--don't **** off the polygrapher.

• Originally posted by Levithane View Post

NBIB no longer exists, all the background work was given to DOD under DCSA via executive order. Agencies like USMS are transferring T5/SSBI/TS, but I don't think DEA is doing that. Don't expect anything anytime soon, my area does backgrounds for DEA, and I haven't gotten any work for them in awhile. Also, since we are in the month of December don't expect any movement at all.
              What is a T5/SSBI/TS?

Comment

• Donjuan85657
                Donjuan85657 commented
                Editing a comment
                Different terminology for a Top Secret security clearance.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12326 users online. 395 members and 11931 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X