Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does anyone know how many agents DEA plans on hiring this year? Also, what locations donthey offer (besides the obvious southwest border)?

Comment

• dark321
      dark321 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yep Levithane is right. My recruiter mentioned that too. Wonder what pool they have in total annually... I'd guess maybe 2-3 thousand.

• Levithane
      Levithane commented
      Editing a comment
      dark321, I sound like a cynic but I don't think they have that many in the hiring pool. They wouldn't be doing consolidated testing on certain dates if they felt comfortable with the amount of people they had waiting to be hired.

• dark321
      dark321 commented
      Editing a comment
      You are right, it's probably not that many by the time the COL are given out as most drop out by then.

• Levithane
      Levithane commented
      Editing a comment
      People take other opportunities, don't pass a portion, etc. DEA is a cool job, but I think they're going through the same issue the FBI is going through in terms of recruiting.There weren't many people at my testing session when I took the written.

Has anyone had any luck on receiving an e-quip link lately?

Comment

• TXFL1987
      TXFL1987 commented
      Editing a comment
      No luck as of yet. Obtained my COL in September. I cannot schedule anything else without it. So I’m just in this holding phase I guess. I’m hoping I get it before January. I’m out of Miami.

• amb1424
      amb1424 commented
      Editing a comment
      No luck either. I received my COL Aug 1st. Same here can’t do anything until I get my eQip.

Same here....waiting game but at least we got the first half of the process out of the way.

Comment

Total rumor from an agent today but he told me to expect a poly within 4 to 6 weeks. Conflicted on this info as it doesn't match up the timeline at all. But all his previous info in the past has been spot on.

Comment

• kb9977
        kb9977 commented
        Editing a comment
        Where are you going through the process. Poly is largely dependent on whether the office has a full time polygrapher or when HQ schedules one to fly out for applicants.

• nonotnow
        nonotnow commented
        Editing a comment
        Got it. Still have psych medical and eqip link to be sent. Got a COL in September I believe.

What’s the format of the psych?

Comment

• dark321
        dark321 commented
        Editing a comment
        I believe it's the standard. Written portion and then interview with a psychologist where they go over your assessment results.

• CPAAPP
        CPAAPP commented
        Editing a comment
        Okay, that makes sense. Thank you.

Starting to lean towards the idea that everyone (Recruitment wise) is in a holding pattern until the budget passes or another Continuing Resolution is signed in the next few weeks.

Comment

• Donjuan85657
        Donjuan85657 commented
        Editing a comment
        Correct me if I am wrong but doesn’t the President have to sign off on the bill (Even though the Senate passed the bill for Justice) for it to take effect?

• Levithane
        Levithane commented
        Editing a comment
        I haven't taken a civics/government course in a long time. If I recall correctly the president cannot spend money without congressional approval, and the other branches can override a bill with majority consensus if he refuses to sign something. I don't see him not signing funding for the DOJ, but the whole impeachment situation has more than likely slowed everything to a halt.

• Donjuan85657
        Donjuan85657 commented
        Editing a comment
        Lol. Same boat Im in. It’s all a whirlwind of BS when at the end of the day we all know the funding needs to happen one way or another.

• Levithane
        Levithane commented
        Editing a comment
        Funding needs to happen. In the next few years with all the retirements, agencies are going to be understaffed. Whether or not D.C weighs the needs of public safety more important than the impeachment thing going on, it remains to be seen.
        Last edited by Levithane; 11-11-2019, 05:48 PM. Reason: grammar

Check your emails for eqip link.

Comment

• amb1424
        amb1424 commented
        Editing a comment
        How long did you wait? I’m going on almost 10 weeks

• nonotnow
        nonotnow commented
        Editing a comment
        8 weeks, got my COL week of September 12th.

• TXFL1987
        TXFL1987 commented
        Editing a comment
        Nothing yet in my email. Received my COL in September.

• nonotnow
        nonotnow commented
        Editing a comment
        Looks like it came from a local office. Thought they'd send a mass email.

Good to see some movement on this!

Comment

Received my e-quip link today.

Comment

• amb1424
          amb1424 commented
          Editing a comment
          Hmmm sounds like it may be coming for more of us. How long did you wait?

• It took 16 weeks from my COL.

Comment

• I was told at the FO there was a hiring furlough which is why there was a delay in the steps for processing. I waited a while for the written and interview.

Comment

• Cgreen
            Cgreen commented
            Editing a comment
            How long did it take for you to receive your results for the written after you completed it? Also, do they notify you if you didn't pass as well? My recruiter said it would take 2 weeks, but it's been almost a month since I took my written and I haven't heard anything back.

• To those who have taken the poly: How long was it between filling out the EQIP and being notified of the polygraph?

Comment

• Are you notified when they start/complete the background investigation?

Comment

• Fermi
              Fermi commented
              Editing a comment
              They do not notify you, unfortunately.

• Gotcha, just wanna give my current employer a heads up before they get a call.

Comment

• Levithane
              Levithane commented
              Editing a comment
              It depends on who your investigator is. I always try give notice to someone before just randomly showing up to interview them.

• Does anyone know the upcoming dates for the academy?

I'm out of LA division.

Comment

• Mardan777
              Mardan777 commented
              Editing a comment
              I was told January 5.

• kb9977
              kb9977 commented
              Editing a comment
              Does anyone know if notices for the Jan academy have already gone out? I'm waiting on my final step, polygraph, and am hoping to squeeze in...

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9531 users online. 471 members and 9060 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X