Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello looking for Any advice on the written portion ? Or if there are any study guides available ?

Comment

Originally posted by dom1220 View Post
      Hello looking for Any advice on the written portion ? Or if there are any study guides available ?
      Email your recruiter and ask for the study guide. The test isn't too bad, as long as you can write in a coherent manner you'll be fine.

Comment

Has anyone from 2019-2 had there poly yet?

Comment

• Fermi
          Fermi commented
          Editing a comment
          2019-1 here and still waiting to have mine scheduled..

• Levithane
          Levithane commented
          Editing a comment
          Don't expect to get a polygraph anytime soon. HQ schedules them, and not the FO. It sounds like they are short staffed on examiners.

• greatness33
          greatness33 commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks for information, I heard that too, but was not sure, how true it was.

Anyone get scheduled for an accelerated MAC assessment for November in the Southwest?

Comment

• Levithane
          Levithane commented
          Editing a comment
          I got an email for it, but I'm just going to do everything through my FO instead. Keep your recruiter in the loop, because I don't think HQ communicates to them about the MAC.

Expect calls for polygraph scheduling. Just received mine, SFO division

Comment

• nonotnow
          nonotnow commented
          Editing a comment
          You finished medical and psych correct?

• kb9977
          kb9977 commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes, have a clearance with DOJ as well.

Applied: 8/2018
          Written Test: 2/2019
          Panel Interview: 4/2019
          PT Test: 5/2019
          Medical: 6/2019
          Psych: 7/2019
          E-QIP: 9/2019
          Polygraph: Scheduled

• nonotnow
          nonotnow commented
          Editing a comment
          Solid timeline. I'm a bit behind you. Still waiting on psych to get scheduled after COL. Have a secret clearance with OPM so hoping that speeds things up.

Anyone receive their eQip yet? My recruiter said it should be coming in the next two weeks

Comment

• chipperjones
          chipperjones commented
          Editing a comment
          you done medical and psych?

• TXFL1987
          TXFL1987 commented
          Editing a comment
          No eQip yet. I cannot schedule anything until I receive the eQip link. I completed the MAC last month.

• Fermi
          Fermi commented
          Editing a comment
          I got mine about 2-3 months after finishing my drug test. 4-5 months after getting my COL

Same here. Can’t do anything until I get eQip.

Comment

Same here as well...

Comment

PT test is no joke!

Comment

• dark321
              dark321 commented
              Editing a comment
              Yup... I told a few of my friends I failed it, and everyone is like whaa whaa how. My FO recruiter is stressing that he doesn't even want a 12, he wants people to pass with 16!

I only have 3 weeks until my 2nd retest so hopefully I can pull through. I initially failed with 35 sit ups.

• Blue Steel
              Blue Steel commented
              Editing a comment
              That sprint will definitely take it out of you. I remember my push-ups dropped significantly after the Sprint, from what I was doing in training and then what I did at the actual test.

Here is a good run schedule that might help you...article from Runners World.

Day One: after a warm up jog for 5:00 and some light stretching, run 16 x 100m on the straightaway in 23 to 22 sec with a 100 meter walk jog around the curve for recovery. This is your speed workout to help you stay relaxed when you slow back down to race pace.

Day Two: Before you do your weight training, warm up and then jog 8-10 laps at around 2:15 (9:00 min per mile pace). This workout will not only help you recover, it will add a little endurance to your fitness base.

Day Three: Off.

Day Four: Usual warm up and then run 6-8 x 400 in 1:55 to 1:50 pace with a 400 walk/jog recovery. It is important to NOT run these any faster, so resist the temptation or you will become over-trained in short order. This workout will improve your cardio-respiratory systems to get oxygen to your muscles.

Day Five: Repeat Day Two.

Day Six: Warm up and then run 3 x 800 at goal pace of 1:40 per lap with a 800 jog recovery interval This workout will do the same as Day four, but, more importantly, will teach you race pace and how to suck it up and be tough when you start to huff and puff so hard that smoke comes out of your ears.

Day Seven: Take off to recover from all the excitement of so much running.

PT test tomorrow. Fly in in the morning, test in the afternoon, fly back out in the evening.

Comment

• Fermi
              Fermi commented
              Editing a comment
              Good luck! make sure your'e hydrating today and tomorrow!

• JR (OSI Agent)
              JR (OSI Agent) commented
              Editing a comment
              Thank you. Been drinking nothing but water with the exception of my coffee in the morning lol. Did you already take the pt test?

• nonotnow
              nonotnow commented
              Editing a comment
              110% effort. Also if you fail one portion, do yourself the favor and knock out the other parts to the best of your ability so you know where you stand. And dont beat yourself up too hard if you fail. Sometimes the instructors can be subjective.

• Fermi
              Fermi commented
              Editing a comment
              Yeah I took mine in April. I passed but I vomitted as soon as I finished the 1.5. I should be coming up on my re-test soon but I am much more prepared this time!

Thank you Blue steel and others for the info on improving PFT. Current progress... next exam is on November 8, 2019. Also, how many days rest should I take before the exam? My test is at 10 AM on Friday, November 8. I was thinking of at least 72 hours rest?

September 21, 2019 (PFT attempt #1)

Sit-Ups: 35
            300 Meter: 51 seconds
            Push-Ups: 38
            1.5 Mile: 11 Minutes 35 Seconds

October 17, 2019

Sit-Ups: 43
            200 Meter: 31 seconds (been practicing 100 and 200 meter sprints)
            Push-Ups: 48
            1.5 Mile: 10 Minutes 24 Seconds

(most of these I did in the last few days with no rest days so I think with 2-3 days of full rest before exam, I can improve a little more)

Comment

• chipperjones
              chipperjones commented
              Editing a comment
              man, your numbers went up a lot in a month! like a lot!. I'll guess and say you are young, mid twenties? ahhh I remember the days. your numbers are good except for your sit ups, but with everything else you should be fine. are you talll? usually tall people dont do well in sit ups.

Everyone is different for pre PFT training. I always kept working out, but not as hard, up until the pft day... and the day before I do like a 20 or 30 min run, but super light, like be able to talk and not sound out of breath when you talk. you got it, you will crush it!

• dark321
              dark321 commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks really appreciate the support. I didn't want to use any excuses but my PFT I had light cold and uhh Jimmy Johns messed me up the day before so I was extremely dehydrated lol. 30 and 5'7"... problem is bulky @ 175 right now which is probably why sit ups aren't good.

For anyone else that has PFT coming up, as others said... stay hydrated and avoid food or anything that might make you sick.

I don’t get how your sit ups are at that number but you should make up for it no issue with your other numbers and times.

You should be fine on test day.

Sit ups were a good way to gain leverage for me.

Comment

Work on opening up your hips/hip flexors. Incorporate weight into your ab workout routines (i.e. 20 lb sandbag across your chest, GHD sit-ups with a nice pause at the low side, etc.)

Comment

Anyone out of Chicago?

Comment

• dark321
                  dark321 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I'm from Chicago. I have my PFT in November.

• biff592
                  biff592 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Chicago here. Currently awaiting eQuip invite. 2019-2 applicant.

Anyone from the September announcement heard anything? I was told by the recruiter that emails should be coming out in November for an Assessment center. Also I was just hired by the border patrol and start the academy in February. My Background Investigator for the border patrol told me during the interview that the investigation was for a TS security clearance. Since I received the final offer I assume that I was found suitable for the TS clearance. Will this help speed up the process with DEA or will it stay the same?

Comment

• Levithane
                  Levithane commented
                  Editing a comment
                  BP puts you through an SSBI which is the requirement for a TS, but I don't know if they ever actually issue BP agents a "clearance". DEA will run their own background investigation, a background from DHS won't carry over. If the background was conducted by OPM or DOD (who i believe is doing them for DEA now) it would possibly carry over.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11605 users online. 420 members and 11185 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X