Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey guys, I recently applied to the new announcement. Quick Question. Did the FO Recruiter eventually get back to y'all with the Occupational Questionnaire Form? I sent them an email inquiring on the form but I haven't received any reply yet. I remember submitting this back in 2016 with my initial packet, but I have yet to receive a reply with the new 2019-2 OQ Form to fill out and turn in. I submitted my packet last week without submitting that form. I just didn't want to miss submitting this past the Announcement closing date if it needs to be with the full submitted applicant packet.

Comment

• P_Pharaoh
      P_Pharaoh commented
      Editing a comment
      It took a few months to hear anything back after submitting all of the forms. It's pretty normal. I'd resubmit the for you sent in 2016. Odds are it's gone. I haven't really had any issues with the DEA, but other agencies have lost or re-requested my paperwork multiple times.

• Blue Steel
      Blue Steel commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks P_Pharaoh for the info. I was able to get the updated OQ Form from my original Applicant Coordinator. Hopefully a lot of my stuff transfers over to this new announcement and process. I'm still unclear on what I was bumped for after they completed my BI from the 2016 Announcement though. I'm really hoping my Appeal goes through, but not holding my breath.

Anyone going to be attending the MAC in Lake Mary, FL this upcoming week?

Comment

• nonotnow
      nonotnow commented
      Editing a comment
      Deleteeeeeee
      Last edited by nonotnow; 09-16-2019, 04:32 PM. Reason: Wrong guy

Got a COL last week. Submitting the forms tomorrow and hopefully my psych is scheduled this or next month!

Comment

• chipperjones
      chipperjones commented
      Editing a comment
      Submitted mine a month ago and nothing since

• nonotnow
      nonotnow commented
      Editing a comment
      Got it. Thanks for that info.

Quick question, HQ reviews the applications before approving someone to go test correct? Submitted all my paperwork and got a test date. I would hate to go through the process and be DQ'd for youthful stupidity regarding MJ experimentation, despite being in compliance with the 3 year policy and <5 times (I know DEA is more strict than others). Before anyone asks, yes the issue was disclosed on the drug questionnaire.

Comment

• Levithane
      Levithane commented
      Editing a comment
      Referring to the written test.

• Levithane
      Levithane commented
      Editing a comment
      chipperjones, ok thanks that answers it. I just didn't want to be under the assumption they did, then find out the recruiter just notifies everyone who submits all the paperwork to come test.

• nonotnow
      nonotnow commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh well good to know then. Thanks chipperjones

• Blue Steel
      Blue Steel commented
      Editing a comment
      Ultimately you will end up at Final Suitability Review and the Hiring Board, at which time your application can either be accepted or denied for whatever reason possible. I found that the whole process is a blind shot in the dark. If you submitted the Drug Questionnaire and you received a test date then your FO and HQ approved your application to move forward. I wouldn't say it would be an issue unless something else is disclosed during your poly.

So is the interview more of a formality or is it super serious? From all the posts I've been reading, almost everyone passes as long as they are able to give some sort of an answer on the core competencies.

Comment

• dark321
      dark321 commented
      Editing a comment
      Well... failed the PT. Gassed on the sit ups at 38 with 10-15 seconds remaining and had 3 taken away for not going all the way up...got a 0 so that was it.

Gotta do better.

• nonotnow
      nonotnow commented
      Editing a comment
      Sorry to hear that. Gotta keep practicing. If it helps, a lot of guys failed at my first. We came back a month later and all passed. Did you finish out the test? I failed and finished it out to see where I stood elsewhere.

• dark321
      dark321 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes, they told me I could stay so I didn't want to give a bad impression. But after getting DQ'ed that pretty much crushed my spirit. Ended with only 5 points on the remaining 3.

So the retake is a month? I thought the recruiter had said 90 days. Also do you know.. since I passed the written and interview, is that transferable to a next job posting in case I don't pass for BA-2019-2?

Appreciate the support. Wishing best for you! I see you already got COL.

• nonotnow
      nonotnow commented
      Editing a comment
      I understand. Well make sure you can pass the other 3 or else itll be for naught. Our retake was a month, yours could be longer so I'd listen to your recruiter. Gives you more time to train!

I'm pretty sure all of it transfers. We had guys skip parts of the MAC because they had passed it in the previous round of applying.

Thanks. Still nervous about the poly and the location placement. I've only been applying for fed jobs this year but I've failed a bunch already. I didnt pass the usms assessment last week and it absolutely devastated me as it's my dream agency. But I've recovered and learned failure cannot stop you, period. Be sad then get back to the grind. Might take a few years but if we really want it, we will keep pushing for it. I refuse to fail!

I received my conditional offer letter yesterday. On the OF306 it asked for an applicant and appointee signature. Am i supposed to sign both lines or just where it says applicant. Thanks in advance.

Comment

• nonotnow
      nonotnow commented
      Editing a comment
      So I wasn't sure either but on 18 it says only fill out if you're a federal employee. Def could be wrong but I didnt think I was an appointee so I only filled out 17a.

• nonotnow
      nonotnow commented
      Editing a comment
      So I wasn't sure either but on 18 it says only fill out if you're a federal employee. Def could be wrong but I didnt think I was an appointee so I only filled out 17a.

Long time reader, first time poster. Just took both tests and did the interview the same day. Passed all three. PT test in about two weeks. Waiting for the recruiter to return from leave. Current situation, active duty military Special Agent with a year left until retirement. Might be able to answer some questions. Let me know. Good luck to all.

Comment

• Levithane
      Levithane commented
      Editing a comment
      Aside from the study guide they have, what else did you use to study?

• JR (OSI Agent)
      JR (OSI Agent) commented
      Editing a comment
      To be honest, I did not study anything outside of the packet. Like it has been previously mentioned, pay close attention to all of the instructions and you will do great.

Well completed the pft on 7/10/19. I received the COL same day and completed the required documents same day. I haven’t heard a thing from anyone since. I contacted my last point of contact yesterday and he said “straight from Atlanta, my file is pending the start of my background. After that, then it will go to poly.” Not really sure what the hold up is. I know there will be a slow down on scheduling the poly due to only having 1 examiner in the field division but I was hoping I’d move a little faster than this. Everything else has moved very quickly and I have only been in the process since May. From speaking with the recruitment team they are saying the employment process has been shortened to 8 months. I was told they are doing the poly before the medical and psych stuff due to saving money if people fail the poly. I’m hoping I will get in the poly before oct 28 lol I have my border patrol poly then.

Comment

• Levithane
      Levithane commented
      Editing a comment
      Backgrounds will take awhile. OPM is transitioning them to DOD, and has assigned very little work to field investigators as a result of this.

• mcafs0
      mcafs0 commented
      Editing a comment
      Jkufen, have you received your e-quip link yet? I’m still waiting to receive mine. I’ve completed everything short of the BI and poly to this point.

How does the wish list work? Do you select a division, a state or the actual office you want?

Comment

• JR (OSI Agent)
      JR (OSI Agent) commented
      Editing a comment
      It was explained to me that you can pick any office but you are more than likely to go to a field office. They also do hardship type moves. I.E. if you have a spouse in the service or another three letter agency, then they will try and help you out.

For those that passed the sit ups, any suggestions?

I cannot do more than 40 in 1 min. It has been my plateau for a month now. I know that's passing but on actual test I got 38 and then 3 were taken away for bad form. Thus the fail.

Did you guys add weighted sit ups in your workout or just practice reps as fast as you can in a minute? Or sets of how many you can do in X seconds???

Comment

• Levithane
      Levithane commented
      Editing a comment
      Do planks, or hanging leg raises. I top out at 40 to 45. Im 6,1 in relatively good shape, and I find the time constraint the hardest part.

• dark321
      dark321 commented
      Editing a comment
      Ok thanks for the info.

Same here, I have been lifting for years but this pft is crushing my spirit haha. The time is the issue because the exercise motion in it's entirety takes like 1.5 sec for me.

• Blue Steel
      Blue Steel commented
      Editing a comment
      Make sure your sit-up form is on point before starting the exercise. Space your legs and feet a hips width apart and have a perfect 90 degree angle from the hips to the ankles (It makes a huge difference). If your legs are spaced too close together or too far apart it is going to tire you out more easily and make it harder. You would be putting more strain on the hips and lower back. Also, you should relax the abs on the down transition and breathe in. Don't flap the arms when you come back up, as this will expel more energy. Exhale slowly on the up transition and snap back quickly. Break the plane and touch the elbows on top of the knees. Be sure not to come out too fast! Just pace yourself through the routine or else you will fizzle out and tire with 30 seconds still on the clock. Practice pace. Try to do 1 sit-up per second (It's hard I know). Mix up the routine if you start to plateau. Drink plenty of water and rest. Healthy eating and staying lean will help you because you won't have the added core weight.

Your abs recover quickly so just try to work the sit-ups every other day or so, and do hip strengthening in-between. Practice half sit-ups starting in the "Up" position and "Down" position and do them until failure. I also tried to mix in planks, bridges, bear crawls, supermans, sprinters lunges, jump squats, lower back exercises, hip strengthening exercises, etc. Try to mix it up. You should be doing a lot of sprint drills as well, because you will be building your hip and ab strength.

Weighted sit-ups are fine, but I don't remember doing an excessive amount of weighted sit-ups in training. Really just focus on the timing and form. Concentrate on building speed and power on every exercise and the abs will fall in place. When I tested I was able to get 48, but when I was coming up for the 49th sit-up the instructor said, "Time" just as I touched the knees and broke the plane. He didn't count the last rep.

• Donjuan85657
      Donjuan85657 commented
      Editing a comment
      Awesome advice Blue Steel

I have noticed some individuals have posted this question before. I have not seen an answer as of yet. How long did it take for each of you to receive the e-quip link; after submitting the COL paperwork? It seems some people have waited over a month.
    Last edited by TXFL1987; 09-27-2019, 04:51 PM.

Comment

• Donjuan85657
      Donjuan85657 commented
      Editing a comment
      It’s really up to the recruiter once they receive it to get it up to HQ and processed. The eQIP is nothing more than an emailed link to start the SF-86...so it’s really up to them as far as time frame.

Who sends the e-quip link HQ or the recruiter?

Comment

• amb1424
      amb1424 commented
      Editing a comment
      I am still waiting on eQip as well. I received my COL August 1st, 2019. My fingerprints and updated paperwork was sent to HQ around middle of August. My recruiter stated it takes about 6 weeks to receive the link.

• Donjuan85657
      Donjuan85657 commented
      Editing a comment
      Have you gotten your poly/psych scheduled yet?

• amb1424
      amb1424 commented
      Editing a comment
      Donjuan, no nothing is scheduled yet. My recruiter told me we can’t do anything until after I receive the eQip link.

• Donjuan85657
      Donjuan85657 commented
      Editing a comment
      Gotcha. Same here. Thanks bud.

I have completed the pysch written and interview I just need to receive the e-quip link, complete it, and scheduled the poly.
    Last edited by mcafs0; 09-29-2019, 05:43 PM.

Comment

I’ve noticed it seems a lot of us are in the same boat at this point, not receiving the equip or having a poly scheduled. It’s been over a month since my COL. Is there anybody in the 2019 thread that has? And how long did I take to get the equip or schedule the poly?

Comment

• Donjuan85657
        Donjuan85657 commented
        Editing a comment
        If you are apart of the BA2019-2 announcement like most of us then my best guess is they are grouping a bunch of us together to finish the second half.

Update on my status, completed eQip email last month. Already have a clearance with DEA for reference.

Applied: 8/2018
      Written Test: 2/2019
      Panel Interview: 4/2019
      PT Test: 5/2019
      Medical: 6/2019
      Psych: 7/2019
      E-QIP: 9/2019
      Polygraph: Waiting

Comment

• Fermi
        Fermi commented
        Editing a comment
        Here is my process so far:

Applied: JAN 2019
        MAC + COL: APR 2019
        Medical: APR 2019
        Psych: APR 2019
        Drug Test: JUL 2019 (was informed about taking it in JUN)
        EQIP: SEP 2019

Waiting on my polygraph. I too have a TS/SCI with the DOD/OPM

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11541 users online. 413 members and 11128 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
    Working...
    X