Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just spoke to my buddy who took their PT test recently and he had something similar happen to him but on the run. Needless to say he's not happy as he was passing all the other events. Sounds like DEA instructors are sticklers when it comes to this test.

Comment

I did mine Saturday. Seriously, don't stop on the pushups or situps. You can go slow when you get tired, but don't rest.

Comment

• FNG41YR
        FNG41YR commented
        Editing a comment
        Not to be a jerk, but duh. Clearly states that it is a continuous motion. Not sure why that’s a hard concept here.

• Sgt0844
        Sgt0844 commented
        Editing a comment
        i believe applicants have read over and over again the proper execution of the exercises but are just emphasizing the fact a "split second" stop in motion will end your portion of the push-up/sit-up test. They are very strict on how you are evaluated which is good to go. My advice is don't even attempt this assessment unless you are 110% confident you can get the points you need without stopping during your reps.

• FNG41YR
        FNG41YR commented
        Editing a comment
        Sgt0844

The pft was easy. I took it and smoked it. That is really the only thing you have control over, your fitness.

Hello everyone. I submitted my packet for the 2019 Special agent posting in the first week of June. My recruiter said a file has been created and HQ will let her know if I qualify. It's been two months and I haven't heard anything, has anyone experience similar wait times? Processing out of Dallas if anyone is curious.

Comment

• P_Pharaoh
        P_Pharaoh commented
        Editing a comment
        It's normal. It can take two to five months to get a response via email.

• chipperjones
        chipperjones commented
        Editing a comment
        after applying in Jan of 2019, I got invite to MAC April or May 2019.

• jay1
        jay1 commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah it usually takes a while.. I believe I had to send a follow up email and call the recruiting office to finally get things rolling. I’m processing out of Dallas as well.

Anyone hear anything after getting the COL and submitting the required forms?

Comment

• FNG41YR
        FNG41YR commented
        Editing a comment
        I was emailed medical forms day after COL. Finished part 1 of medical. Waiting to see Dr.

• Roninjin
        Roninjin commented
        Editing a comment
        FNG41YR, When was your MAC?
        Last edited by Roninjin; 08-01-2019, 05:44 PM.

I received the basic confirmation for the Dallas MAC next week but have not received the final confirmation email yet. Is this typical?

Comment

• preacherman
        preacherman commented
        Editing a comment
        I’m attending Dallas MAC as well. See you there!

I had to email the with a follow up and then they sent me a confirmation.
      Last edited by jay1; 08-06-2019, 10:25 AM. Reason: Typo

Comment

• Cmac55
        Cmac55 commented
        Editing a comment
        Awesome I'll do that. Thanks.

For those that completed the MAC, how long did it take to move forward with the process? Medical, psychological, etc.

Comment

• FNG41YR
        FNG41YR commented
        Editing a comment
        For me it was like this at the MAC.
        Day 1 test. Day 2 Interview. Day 3 pft and psych. Emailed about two days later to schedule medical

Has anyone from the Newark MAC held in July recieved notification for a medical or poly exam yet?

Comment

• Roninjin
        Roninjin commented
        Editing a comment
        Negative here. It's been two weeks since the docs from the COL were sent in.

For those that completed the MAC, my confirmation email says to wear suit and tie for written testing but the testing guide says to wear business casual. Is a suit and tie necessary for the written portion?

Comment

• P_Pharaoh
        P_Pharaoh commented
        Editing a comment
        I wore a suit and tie for initial testing. The next day after the fitness test, it was buisness casual for the psychological portion. I think I was part of 2019 announcement where we were the last ones to do this part.

• FNG41YR
        FNG41YR commented
        Editing a comment
        Wear the suit for the written test and obviously the interview. I did my psych in pt gear as it was done after the pft.

I got my COL yesterday, its been no more than 5 months from application submission to this point. If anyone here can help shine some light or has any experience I’d greatly appreciate it, I spoke directly with HR and they weren’t much help. HR gave me a bit of a run-around, but I understand they need more information to address my question, and admittedly, they did say they’d get back to me with a more solid answer towards the final stages of the hiring process.

Anyways, does anyone know how they attempt to match your current pay grade and step under a different FedLe Agency?
      The 2019 announcement states its for a GS-7/9/11, I’m currently a 12.

I was under the impression that they’d match as close as possible at a lower grade and higher step, for example, without looking up exact numbers an 11/3 would be equal to a 12. I’ve heard its OPM’s (Office of Personnel Management) obligation to try to get you as close as possible. Is there an actual matrix used, does anyone know?

Hope some one can help, Thanks.

YUT!

Comment

• FNG41YR
        FNG41YR commented
        Editing a comment
        What grade were you given on your COL? Unless you are a current 1811 forget that 11. I’m an 1801 12/2 and got a 9. The COL doesn’t indicate the step but I’ll likely be a 9/10
        Last edited by FNG41YR; 08-16-2019, 08:03 PM.

• Johnny4x4
        Johnny4x4 commented
        Editing a comment
        if you're already a federal employee, they can step you out, but if you're not working in the series, you can potentially lose money base on the grade.

an example: you work as a 0520 series, you were a 12 step 1. Coming into a new series, you can go to a 7 step 10.
        Last edited by Johnny4x4; 09-15-2019, 08:57 AM.

Originally posted by FNG41YR View Post
      What grade were you given on your COL? Unless you are a current 1811 forget that 11. I’m an 1801 12/2 and got a 9. The COL doesn’t indicate the step but I’ll likely be a 9/10
      Got offered a 7, I don’t want to come off as “I want more.” but that doesn’t seem like an effort to parity pay was made at all. 9/10, congrats! To clarify, when I spoke with HR they said there’d be more forms to review, I’ll give it a few days and contact them again. Last thing I want is to get on HRs bad side.

Comment

• FNG41YR
        FNG41YR commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah bro pretty much forget that 11. Good luck
        Last edited by FNG41YR; 08-16-2019, 11:20 PM.

Originally posted by FNG41YR View Post
      Yeah bro pretty much forget that 11. Unless you are a current 1811.
      Although an 11 would be great, my concern was more towards pay parity in general and how exactly it works. Regardless of what exact grade, is there an actual OPM obligation to try to match?

Comment

Do new agents get assigned to the smaller satellite offices or only the major field offices? Thanks

Comment

• jay1
          jay1 commented
          Editing a comment
          Either one, depending on the need.

Update on my status: DEA

Applied: 8/2018
        Written Test: 2/2019
        Panel Interview: 4/2019
        PT Test: 5/2019
        Medical: 6/2019
        Psych: 7/2019
        Polygraph: Awaiting

​​​​​​I was told polys are currently taking additional time based on availability of the examiners. The office needs atleast 4+ applicants for an examiner to travel for testing.

Comment

• preacherman
          preacherman commented
          Editing a comment
          Good luck man! Heard the same thing about the polygraph. We were told the polygraph now comes first after passing initial testing. I was sent an email to schedule medical but a few days later they told me to cancel to take the polygraph first.
          Applied: 7/2019
          Written, interview, and pt test: 08/2019
          Polygraph: waiting
          Psych: waiting
          Medical: waiting

For anyone who's passed the PT test and gotten fingerprinted, how long did it take you to get the COL in your inbox?

Comment

• chipperjones
          chipperjones commented
          Editing a comment
          2 weeks after pft for me, and that was 1 month ago and nothing since.

• P_Pharaoh
          P_Pharaoh commented
          Editing a comment
          Few days after the PFT for me. Nothing after that.

• FNG41YR
          FNG41YR commented
          Editing a comment
          I got it same day that I passed pft.

• nonotnow
          nonotnow commented
          Editing a comment
          Appreciate the insight. So maybe this week maybe not

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12431 users online. 456 members and 11975 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X