300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2019 DEA SA Applicants

Topic created to avoid overlap in 2018 thread.

Took the written test this week. Passed but waiting for results from the essay.

Comment

• Saluki89
      Saluki89 commented
      Editing a comment
      Does the NDA not mean anything to you?

When did you apply and what FO are you going thru?

Comment

Submitted my application package on 12/24/18. Silence since.

Comment

• Crake
        Crake commented
        Editing a comment
        Reach out to your SA local recruiter. Did you get an email for the MAC yet? They were sent out a couple weeks ago

• surfnturf90
        surfnturf90 commented
        Editing a comment
        Crake Thanks for the heads up, email sent.

Earlier this week, I was invited to participate in the DEAMAC - Drug Enforcement Administration Mobile Assessment Center April 4th to the 8th in Philadelphia PA.
      Looks like there is a written test, Oral Interview and a PT Test?

Comment

• Crake
        Crake commented
        Editing a comment
        Yep, there's also a video test too. Once you pass each part you will be given an opportunity to move forward to the next one. For example, pass the video test, go to the written, etc etc. They score you in real time and let you know immediately. PT is probably not going to be administered the same day -- depending what order/day you select.

Good luck!

• Justwaiting22
        Justwaiting22 commented
        Editing a comment
        I went through the MAC in DC and it was intense because they tell you right away. Even during the PT, if you fail one event they tell you to leave immediately. Train hard

• Saluki89
        Saluki89 commented
        Editing a comment
        Does the NDA mean nothing to you?

Anyone out of Chicago land and taking the expedited process?

Comment

Anyone go to the Newark orientation and get an invite for the MAC in July?

Comment

• P_Pharaoh
          P_Pharaoh commented
          Editing a comment
          I attended the Newark orientation.

• nonotnow
          nonotnow commented
          Editing a comment
          Did you get an official invite to the MAC in July? They sent me the app Friday and I sent the required documents Monday.

• P_Pharaoh
          P_Pharaoh commented
          Editing a comment
          Was there a second application for the MAC? I actually already applied and filled out the drug questionnaire, resume, etc. I haven't received any for July invite.

No there wasnt but I hadn't done the initial app yet. Gotcha, I'll let you know if I get an invite to the MAC.

Comment

• P_Pharaoh
          P_Pharaoh commented
          Editing a comment
          Newark just sent email to schedule MAC this afternoon.

• nonotnow
          nonotnow commented
          Editing a comment
          Yup I got that as well. Waiting on results from written.

I dropped my app back in first week of January.

Havent heard anything from the recruiter so Monday I emailed him.

Today I received the MAC invitation and will be going to DC in July. Trying to hit up the recruiter to see if I can schedule the written test sooner and whatever I haven’t completed I complete at MAC.

Im in the process with border patrol and fbi. Border patrol isn’t messing around, I received an interview and all my background packets within a week of applying so I’m hoping dea will pick up the pace.

background: 5 years local LE, currently in narcotics vice.

Good of luck to all!

Comment

• kb9977
          kb9977 commented
          Editing a comment
          CBPO and CBP go quick through the process, I imagine you will be in their academy when you receive an offer from DEA/FBI. Best of luck.

• jkufen
          jkufen commented
          Editing a comment
          Yeah luckily I have already taken the written test last week and passed. They scheduled my interview for June 14 and then I’ll be doing the pt shortly after that. I just need to get through the poly and as long as I get through poly I will gladly turn down other agencies. I’m hoping by October I’ll have taken the poly for dea.

Anyone know normally how long it takes to get written test results back if you take it stand alone?

Comment

• Etoolqual
          Etoolqual commented
          Editing a comment
          Not sure how your field office did it but we had to pass each portion to move onto the next. The last part, we were told we would get notification we failed the last part. I’d assume you’re referring to it that way, so my mistake if so. I took that back in March, no notification of failure and have scheduled already to do the rest of the steps in the MAC.

• nonotnow
          nonotnow commented
          Editing a comment
          Gotcha. Yeah they just had us knock out the whole written test at once. We had people though that passed one portion before but failed another so they left the room. Another confusing thing is they said they'd let us know but I got an email from DC to schedule the MAC with dates and locations. So I'm slightly confused.

• kb9977
          kb9977 commented
          Editing a comment
          It really depends on your recruiter (Im not sure if every office has one???), I received an pass/fail email the same evening I took the written.

Got an e-mail about the MAC today. I need to find out what stuff carries over from a previous announcement.

Comment

Was scheduled for the MAC in DC in July. Received an email today for the written test locally on the 24th. Sucks I only got 4 days notice but thankfully I have a flexible schedule. I’m pretty sure I will still have to attend the MAC for PT, Psych and SI but we will see. They seem to be at a much slower pace than the FBI and Border Patrol.

Comment

Last edited by FNG41YR; 05-28-2019, 03:11 PM. Reason: Answered

Comment

Anyone know how fast DEA HQ gets back to you when scheduling the MAC?

Comment

• P_Pharaoh
                P_Pharaoh commented
                Editing a comment
                They got back to me the next day, but I responded as soon as they sent the email. When I applied during the 2018 announcement it took almost a week.

• nonotnow
                nonotnow commented
                Editing a comment
                Thanks for that. I emailed them last week and got nothing. They emailed me a couple weeks ago but I couldnt respond since I didnt find out until recently I passed the written.

Scheduled for the MAC in S.C. Aug 15-19th. Doing the written exam in Chicago beforehand. I tell myself I’m in decent shape (more of a lifter than long distance runner) and havent attempted a diagnostic PT test (yet), what do you all think about it? Im in the National Guard and do my 80 PU in a minute and 80 SU in 2 minutes with a 15:30-16min two mile run to give you an idea. I can definitely push myself harder on running when it comes to a career dream job. Is the PT test as dreadful as some make it out to be? Or are a lot of people really going in super out of shape?

Comment

• chipperjones
                chipperjones commented
                Editing a comment
                you should be fine. and yes people are out of shape, but Its not very hard, the old DEA PT test was hard, but this one with 10 min break between events isnt too hard. your base level seems good. just practice it how it will be when you actually do the test and you should be ok. it will also be a little better, at least it was for me, with that extra adrenaline from being there and being tested

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7857 users online. 374 members and 7483 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X