300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IRS Criminal Investigator SA 1811

Anyone have experience with this position? I just threw my name in the hat, it looks like I qualify for GS7 based on superior academic achievement, but I don’t have any financial/accounting or investigative experience. Think I have a chance?

I applied as well, enough LE experience to qualify for GS9. They had some good locations. See how this goes.

Comment

• N.N.
      N.N. commented
      Editing a comment
      Seems to be a relatively rare opening for the position, wondering how competitive it is.

• nonotnow
      nonotnow commented
      Editing a comment
      Really? Guess we'll find out. Closes soon too. New to the whole USAJOBS process. Do you have LE experience or just the educational requirement?

You need at least 15 semester hours in accounting and additional 9 in other business courses to qualify.

Comment

• nonotnow
      nonotnow commented
      Editing a comment
      Ha well then I'm out. Only took a stat class in college. Thanks for the info!

• battlewagon
      battlewagon commented
      Editing a comment
      That is to qualify without LE investigative experience related to the job. You can be without a degree or any accounting certifications, etc and still qualify If you've investigated financial crimes. Will you be a competitive applicant? Maybe not, but you'd still meet minimum quals

• nonotnow
      nonotnow commented
      Editing a comment
      Appreciate the heads up.

It is a rare opening. Last posting was November 2017. I went through the process and got selected. I got the final offer October 2018. I think there’s still a few from that opening waiting for final offers.

If I recall they are particular regarding the accounting credit hours if you’re claiming education. I had accounting experience.

The Fed Soup forum has a CI thread that has a lot of info from the last posting too.

Comment

if you're not current 1811/ previous experienced leo with criminal investigation under the belt....do not waste your time

Comment

• titoCA321
        titoCA321 commented
        Editing a comment
        Are you currently with IRS now?

Originally posted by Evolution81 View Post
      if you're not current 1811/ previous experienced leo with criminal investigation under the belt....do not waste your time
      That's not completely accurate. Having accounting OR investigative experience will help.

Comment

Don't waste your time??..lol it took a whole 15mins to fill out the application. You better shoot your shot

Comment

I work with a former IRS CI. Pretty bright dude and squared away.The stuff you learn with IRS will be extremely valuable to any agency you work for down the road if you choose to switch it up. I know this dude brought an awesome dynamic to the team that none of us had. He had nothing but positive things to say with the exception that the extensive add on training after CITP is brutal and they will not think twice about washing a candidate out in the add on if they feel he or she will not be a good fit.

Comment

You shouldn't spread misinformation. Most of the IRS people in my CITP class had no prior LEO experience.

Comment

I mean theoretically a cashier could get selected for a spot, if they interview well, and meet basic requirements. An applicant could have all the experience in the world, but if their financial situation stinks, the IRS will have no issue not selecting them.

Comment

that is good man my experience with 1811 Apps was the opposite..and i have leo experience ..i guess they're looking for superior academic achievement ..LOL

Comment

• Levithane
                  Levithane commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Is your experience uniformed? Sometimes that can hurt you more than it can help. I say this because I've noticed there's definitely a different personality type when it comes to Uniformed officer's and 1811's. Sometimes they're looking for prior uniformed officers, sometimes they're looking for an individual who has good people skills with very little experience. It is easier molding someone who has no prior training, then it is to train someone who has extensive 10-20 year training.

Anybody hear anything from this announcement?

Comment

• primetime24
                  primetime24 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  online job assessment or past that point?

• MotorT3531
                  MotorT3531 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  the online exam invite. a 2 part test apparently

• Nova307
                  Nova307 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  What area are you in? Internal or external and what grades? Wondering if they are working by area or grade level. Thanks

• primetime24
                  primetime24 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I'm in NY, got the same email.

This is completely wrong. If you have the accounting credits and are interested in LE, put in for it.
                Last edited by waffledog47; 04-26-2019, 08:44 PM.

Comment

Movement update: Received email yesterday notifying passed Phase 2 (online assessment). 2/2019 Applicant.

Comment

• StickerShock
                    StickerShock commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Got the same email yesterday. Also a 2/19 applicant.

Usually I just lurk, but I received a Pass as well. Looks like next steps are more qualifications reviews, then Phase 3 SA KaSE and CI Job Sim II. Anyone have an idea of what those entail?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6077 users online. 216 members and 5861 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X