300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weakness??

I have my final Command Staff interview next week and I was talking to the BI who told me to make sure I have a weakness for the interview. This dang question gets me every time. I know each and every person is different, but I was wondering what your answer would be. My wife said to make it a positive weakness. That is what I did for the department I am at now. I think I said something to the fact that the military made me a perfectionist and I have to sometimes sit back and relax and realize that is the way it is going to be. Something like that. So give me your thoughts.
    "In God we trust, all others we run NCIC"

signal1,

I was asked that as well. I told them that the process was long (to be hired) and I want to start working now. Therefore, I guess my weakness is that I can be impatient. (Witch I can be.) The board liked my answer because they all laughed. Hope this give you an idea.

TC
    Regret for the things we did can be tempered by time; it is regret for the things we did not do that is inconsolable. - Sydney J. Harris

Comment

I think your ***essment is correct. I have no experience with LE board on interviews but I have had my share of military, civilian, and government interviews. Always keep it positive. Personally I would list weakness as a perfectionist and say that it is hard for you to quit or give up on everything that you do, you tend to finish until resolve. Basically that you are sometimes too commit to the task at hand.

As long as your positive like you said..

Just my two cents.

Comment

Go get the book "Knock 'em Dead" by Martin Yate. The book has job hunting and interviewing strategies that are excellent. They are not specific to LE jobs, but his interviewing strategies are effective regardless of profession, and he addresses the very common "weakness" question.

Comment

Originally posted by army_running View Post
          I think your ***essment is correct. I have no experience with LE board on interviews but I have had my share of military, civilian, and government interviews. Always keep it positive. Personally I would list weakness as a perfectionist and say that it is hard for you to quit or give up on everything that you do, you tend to finish until resolve. Basically that you are sometimes too commit to the task at hand.

As long as your positive like you said..

Just my two cents.
          You don't think they hear that crap all the time? Tell the truth, but make sure that you are working on your weakness, and let them know that. We all have weaknesses, but if you show that you're working to fix it they will be more impressed than some BS answer.

Comment

If it is BS then dont say it. But coming from the military myself I dont consider it BS. I get lost in resolving issue now even today 12 years since the army.

I think you need to know your audience also. The last person mentioned that the board laughed, the next board might think this guy has an attitude.

But like I said before as far LE i cant say how they handle their boards/interviews.

Comment

I remember one I said was I had some bad habits eating haha. Im not overweight or anything, actually tall and very fit looking, but I do enjoy eating junk food, so it worked. Make sure its something trivial, and not somthing that could jeopordize your hiring...

Comment

tcode, i hope you are not a witch

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5952 users online. 356 members and 5596 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X