Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is there any talk of upping the pay? I would be very interested in lateraling but taking a $2,000 a month pay cut in the Bay Area (to go work in the SF Office) isn’t realistic.
    semper destravit

Comment

I read the minimum qualifications and to be Special Agent one needs to either have 1 year experience in Cali as a special agent trainee or two years as a police officer with a degree.

So someone graduating soon with a bachelors needs to apply to the trainee position?

Comment

Originally posted by Driven2slow View Post
        I read the minimum qualifications and to be Special Agent one needs to either have 1 year experience in Cali as a special agent trainee or two years as a police officer with a degree.

So someone graduating soon with a bachelors needs to apply to the trainee position?
        Yes, apply for the trainee position and you’ll be sponsored to a regular basic academy.

Comment

• Driven2slow
          Driven2slow commented
          Editing a comment
          Being out of state, Michigan, would there be a lot of travel needed before starting basic academy? I assume you have to travel to CA to take the exam.

Originally posted by RGDS View Post
        Is there any talk of upping the pay? I would be very interested in lateraling but taking a $2,000 a month pay cut in the Bay Area (to go work in the SF Office) isn’t realistic.
        There are negotiations for a 20 to 25% increase, which after all is said and done will be somewhere between 7 to 10% by July 2019.

Comment

Originally posted by CA_State_Investigator View Post

Yes, apply for the trainee position and you’ll be sponsored to a regular basic academy.
          Driven2slow—-PM sent.

Comment

Hello,

Any idea when the Trainee position/Assessment will open up?

Comment

Originally posted by RGDS View Post
              I mean, you're cutting your pay, but there are other advantages (schedule, take-home, plain clothes, etc.). Gotta do that cost-benefit analysis.

Comment

• RGDS
                RGDS commented
                Editing a comment
                Right now, my schedule is good (my seniority is relatively high).

Originally posted by Culper View Post
              Hello,

Any idea when the Trainee position/Assessment will open up?
              First cut-off date is April 10, 2019...here is the link to the SA Trainee exam.

https://oag.ca.gov/sites/all/files/a...etin-09-18.pdf
              Last edited by CA_State_Investigator; 04-07-2019, 07:39 PM.

Comment

State needs to open these gigs to PERS retirees. You’d have every spot filled. 960 it.
                Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

Originally posted by CCCSD View Post
                  State needs to open these gigs to PERS retirees. You’d have every spot filled. 960 it.

And you would have experienced, senior cops doing the work.

Comment

Yep. Real workers too. Just let us go!
                    Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

New CA DOJ Special Agent position located in the Division of Law Enforcement, Bureau of Investigation, White-Collar Investigation Team (WCIT), Sacramento Regional Office.

https://jobs.ca.gov/CalHrPublic/Jobs...ntrolId=150432

Comment

New CA DOJ Special Agent position located in the Division of Law Enforcement, Bureau of Gambling Control, Special Programs.

https://jobs.ca.gov/CalHrPublic/Jobs...ntrolId=151910

Comment

New CA DOJ Special Agent Supervisor position located in the Division of Law Enforcement, Bureau of Investigation, Special Operations Unit, Riverside Field Office...

https://jobs.ca.gov/CalHrPublic/Jobs...ntrolId=153528

Comment

New CA DOJ Special Agent Supervisor (Training Coordinator) position located in the Division of Law Enforcement, Office of the Chief, Advanced Training Center, Sacramento.

https://jobs.ca.gov/CalHrPublic/Jobs...ntrolId=152645

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10810 users online. 435 members and 10375 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X