Clear All

Originally posted by Ratatatat View Post
    Glynco: the maid makes your bed every morning
    Local: the dogbreath tac officer makes you feel an inch tall every morning

Glynco: instructors are largely fulltime instructors
    Local: instructors are largely fulltime officers

Gynco: like college.Train hard. Study hard. Party hard and have some fun
    Local: not like college. Train hard. Study hard. Have no fun

Glynco: chow hall has Olympic pool size salad bar. Pizza night. Steak night. Ice cream machine
    Local: chow hall has a lettuce bowl. One entrée menu. Mash potatoes every meal

Glynco: felony stops on driving range with fleet of crown vics
    Local: felony stops in parking lot in front of academy with loaner cruiser and a student car

Glynco: shoot shoot shoot there's plenty more ammo
    Local: pick up all the live rounds off the floor we reuse those

Glynco: the written tests are multiple guess
    Local: write the legal definition of probable cause in six paragraphs

Glynco: sorry about the sand fleas and red ants
    Local: sorry about all the broken equipment

Glynco: Congratulations. You'll probably be back here for another academy.
    Local: Congratulations. You'll never be back here for another academy.
    Pretty accurate! During the driving course, when I got in the brand new V8 Chevy Caprice (2013/2014 model), I think it had 10 miles on the odometer. And that thing flew!

Comment

Originally posted by FD2FED1977 View Post

Pretty accurate! During the driving course, when I got in the brand new V8 Chevy Caprice (2013/2014 model), I think it had 10 miles on the odometer. And that thing flew!
      Inside outside inside!

Comment

• OCN_1
        OCN_1 commented
        Editing a comment
        These words ring in my head every time I drive

Glynco: the maid makes your bed every morning
      Local: the dogbreath tac officer makes you feel an inch tall every morning

Glynco: instructors are largely fulltime instructors
      Local: instructors are largely fulltime officers

Gynco: like college.Train hard. Study hard. Party hard and have some fun
      Local: not like college. Train hard. Study hard. Have no fun

Glynco: chow hall has Olympic pool size salad bar. Pizza night. Steak night. Ice cream machine
      Local: chow hall has a lettuce bowl. One entrée menu. Mash potatoes every meal

Glynco: felony stops on driving range with fleet of crown vics
      Local: felony stops in parking lot in front of academy with loaner cruiser and a student car

Glynco: shoot shoot shoot there's plenty more ammo
      Local: pick up all the live rounds off the floor we reuse those

Glynco: the written tests are multiple guess
      Local: write the legal definition of probable cause in six paragraphs

Glynco: sorry about the sand fleas and red ants
      Local: sorry about all the broken equipment

Glynco: Congratulations. You'll probably be back here for another academy.
      Local: Congratulations. You'll never be back here for another academy.
      pretty much covers it.

I went through the Illinois state police academy, and the CITP program at FLETC. I liked CITP better because they actually treated us like adults, and I felt like the law program there was a lot better. When I graduated the state police academy, all i knew how to do was march, stare straight ahead, and make a bed with crisp corners and 4” sheets at the top LOL.

Keep in mind the first academy was focused on disciplining 21 year old kids coming out of college, while the second academy’s average age was 28 with a lot of previous cops and military, so that explains the differences I think.

Feel free to message me with any questions!

Comment

Is this shutdown affecting FLETC Or even the DEA and FBI academy?

Comment

• DesertRat707
          DesertRat707 commented
          Editing a comment
          Unfortunately that's because everyone at Beltsville is deemed essential since everyone gets leap. RTC moves along. FLETC though is for the most part shut down. G Bar remains open though!

Up down and alllll around.

• Esco
          Esco commented
          Editing a comment
          I have a friend a FLETC now. They were down for a week or so, but they are back up and running his CITP class.

• triniboy05
          triniboy05 commented
          Editing a comment
          DesertRat707 We were considered non essential still, just granted a training exception.

• battlewagon
          battlewagon commented
          Editing a comment
          LEAP is not the standard of what determines if an employee is essential and has to work.

battlewagon LEAP may not be the standard by which someone is deemed essential, but EVERYONE under 5 USC 5541(3) is deemed essential. So it can be inferred that if you receive LEAP your are also essential. Can't think of 1 1811 agency that isn't working, or isn't "teleworking"

Comment

I've been to a state academy and I'm at FLETC currently. I'd give the edge to FLETC. It's run like a swiss watch.

Comment

• Complete an arduous 17-week law enforcement training course at the Federal Law Enforcement Training Center in Glynco, GA
            This is referring to LMPT from a DOI website. Do you agree its arduous?
            Last edited by ACO88; 03-02-2019, 01:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ACO88 View Post
              • Complete an arduous 17-week law enforcement training course at the Federal Law Enforcement Training Center in Glynco, GA
              This is referring to LMPT from a DOI website. Do you agree?

Depends on age and condition. Is it that hard? Not if your 26 and have been running five miles a day since high school. But every class I've been in has had it's share of trainees who were older, more sedentary, and they were constantly wrapping their knees, slathering on the Icy Hot, and eating Aleve...

Depends on perspective. If it's your one and only long academy, then you are motivated to be there and a sponge soaking up the experience. If you've been to multiple long academies throughout your career, then your just nodding your head and going through the motions...

Depends on BS tolerance. If you get a solo room and have no problem standing in line at the chow hall day after day, you'll have not a worry. But spend 17 weeks with a roomie when you're a grown adult and the little indignancies can begin to become big indignancies. Like the constant foul smell in the locker room of people evacuating their bowels of the same diet, day after day. At first it's a little unpleasant, but as time goes on, it becomes like Chinese water torture....
              Last edited by Ratatatat; 03-02-2019, 02:06 PM.
              People get on, people get off, but the train never stops.

Comment

Depends on age and condition. Is it that hard? Not if your 26 and have been running five miles a day since high school. But every class I've been in has had it's share of trainees who were older, more sedentary, and they were constantly wrapping their knees, slathering on the Icy Hot, and eating Aleve...

Depends on perspective. If it's your one and only long academy, then you are motivated to be there and a sponge soaking up the experience. If you've been to multiple long academies throughout your career, then your just nodding your head and going through the motions...

Depends on BS tolerance. If you get a solo room and have no problem standing in line at the chow hall day after day, you'll have not a worry. But spend 17 weeks with a roomie when you're a grown adult and the little indignancies can begin to become big indignancies. Like the constant foul smell in the locker room of people evacuating their bowels of the same diet, day after day. At first it's a little unpleasant, but as time goes on, it becomes like Chinese water torture....
                How does someone get a solo room?
                Last edited by ACO88; 03-02-2019, 03:55 PM.

Comment

• Mf821
                  Mf821 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Hahaha. No, you don't get to choose solo or roommate, it's all based upon how many people are going through FLETC at a time. Sometimes you get lucky and get a solo room because a lull in fed hiring, most times FLETC is packed.

• ACO88
                  ACO88 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  lol I knew you couldn't choose. That isn't exactly what I meant.
                  Last edited by ACO88; 03-02-2019, 04:34 PM.

How does someone get a solo room?
                Total roll of the dice. Some people get a room to themselves; some get a roomie.

If you do get a roomie, there's nothing that can be done to change it.

However, people sometimes come up with creative solutions....

Comment

Can it also be a reasonable accommodation request?
                  Like what? "I really value having down time for myself, and this roommate situation is harshing my mellow", or "My roommate does something to himself in the middle of the night that I find abhorrent, so therefore I request a solo room." You'd be laughed at.

Comment

What if you have sleep problems to begin with and your roommate is making them worse?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8786 users online. 411 members and 8375 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X