300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Going up against the Dr.

I have been medically disqualified for an acute back injury with no lasting effects or symptoms 4 mos ago. The county Dr. states that I am highly suseptible to re-injurying my back while I attend the academy. He also referenced Post guidlines. B/c I am post certified i will not be attending the academy and 2nd. My Dr. who was the original Dr. that I went to looked thru the post guidlines and said that I dont fall into any of the catagories that the county Dr. said I did. Not sure what to do here??

Originally posted by davjon14
    I have been medically disqualified for an acute back injury with no lasting effects or symptoms 4 mos ago. The county Dr. states that I am highly suseptible to re-injurying my back while I attend the academy. He also referenced Post guidlines. B/c I am post certified i will not be attending the academy and 2nd. My Dr. who was the original Dr. that I went to looked thru the post guidlines and said that I dont fall into any of the catagories that the county Dr. said I did. Not sure what to do here??
    I would appeal the disqual. Call your BI and find out the appeal process for the agency you applied for. Every agency is required to have an appeal process in the State of CA something part of the equal opp employers or something who knows.
    My LAPD Process
    PQE - 7/07 - PASSED
    PAT 1 - 7/24 - PASSED
    Prelim BI - 7/25 - PASSED
    Poly - 7/26 - PASSED
    Oral - 09/15 - PASSED
    Medical/Written Psych - 09/27 PASSED
    Backgrounds - In Progress
    Oral Psych - TBD
    Cert. & Appointment - TBD

Comment

I am assuming you are in CA since you mentioned "Orange County"... If your in Florida then I dunno how the process works over there.
      My LAPD Process
      PQE - 7/07 - PASSED
      PAT 1 - 7/24 - PASSED
      Poly - 7/26 - PASSED
      Oral - 09/15 - PASSED
      Oral Psych - TBD

Comment

going up against the LA county DR.

I am being processessed with lasd which I have completed and passed everything to include all medical issues, except the accute isolated non chronic back injury (lifting) that occurred in 1/07.

Comment

apeal it, if u really think it wont affect you appeal appeal and appeal.. If u get your own doctor that signs u off, they will let u proceed.
          My LAPD Process
          PQE - 7/07 - PASSED
          PAT 1 - 7/24 - PASSED
          Poly - 7/26 - PASSED
          Oral - 09/15 - PASSED
          Oral Psych - TBD

Comment

thanks for the encouragement, man this has been a long road and to get this far and then this, frustrating!!!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6263 users online. 372 members and 5891 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X