Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NYPDs Right To Know Act Passed

The NYPD must now:
    • Tell you their name, rank, command and the reason they are interrupting your day.
    • Give your their business card which contains their name, rank, shield number and numbers to call if you want to file a complaint. Also instructions on how to obtain body camera footage
    What does O.com think about this? How will it affect NYPD recruitment?
    If you are in the NYPD pipeline, what do you think?

Sounds like I got out at just the right time.

Comment

I’m glad I’m done. It’s going to stop cops from doing a thing...only dispatched calls.

is there a sanction for false claims?
      Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

1. I’m thankfully not on that job, or in that city.
        2. I don’t really see an issue with giving out a business card or Identifying yourself - this is the norm in most places.
        3. With all that being said - the harder they make it for guys to work - the harder it’s gonna be to get them to work. Other than your young gun hard charger who likes the adrenaline rush, I honestly don’t understand why anyone in their right mind would do anything other than the bare minimums (ie answer your calls / radio). It’s already been proven time and time again that proactive policing (ie. Actually trying to catch bad guys doing bad things) is how you get yourself in trouble, publicly crucified, or killed. I wouldn’t give them any more than they pay for. Just my 2 cents.

Comment

It will run its course in a typical NYPD fashion. Unable to keep up with the number of cards needed the "act" will become ridiculous jerk job of having the cops write their info on scrap paper. I've been through enough silly act's ,orders, memos and other BS in the NYPD so I know where this is going.

Comment

I can’t believe they didnt have business cards. How about email addresses for each officer? No?

But they have enough money to buy badges, guns, radios (which ain’t cheap), handcuffs, etc.

You are telling me there isn’t a print shop in the City of New York or the NYPD?
            semper destravit

Comment

• BNWS
              BNWS commented
              Editing a comment
              The NYPD has a printing unit. Uniform patrolman handing out personal business cards used to be prohibited. They had a generic small business card like form where you could write the precinct contact number and your name and give it to people but they were always in short supply
              Last edited by BNWS; 10-23-2018, 08:09 AM.

In Colorado if you don't arrest or give them a ticket, you are suppose to give them a business card. Your name and badge number should be on your uniform.

Comment

Nothing wrong with giving a card. Having to provide IAB info, explain everything, is ****ing stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by RGDS View Post
                I can’t believe they didnt have business cards. How about email addresses for each officer? No?

But they have enough money to buy badges, guns, radios (which ain’t cheap), handcuffs, etc.

You are telling me there isn’t a print shop in the City of New York or the NYPD?
                I remember seeing an opening for the NYPD printing section or whatever its called. I think its civilian though..
                Last edited by TUNEDNIMPORTED; 10-21-2018, 12:03 PM.

Comment

• RGDS
                  RGDS commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I am almost positive it is civilian. That’s not a cop job. But I find it hard to believe an organization as large as the city of New York does not have the ability to print business cards. It seems like this should have been decades ago.

I'm sure the Bosses don't think that line cops need cards, it's beyond their ability you know...

Comment

• RGDS
                  RGDS commented
                  Editing a comment
                  That’s straight up out of touch.

No kidding. Unless your a detective there, you’re nothing...

Comment

Originally posted by Mhefner5 View Post
                  In Colorado if you don't arrest or give them a ticket, you are suppose to give them a business card. Your name and badge number should be on your uniform.
                  Everyone gets arrested or written then.

My response to this was always: “My name and shield # is on the bottom of this ticket, right next to your court date/time.”
                  Last edited by reils49; 10-22-2018, 05:41 AM.
                  I make my living on Irish welfare.

Comment

• Mhefner5
                    Mhefner5 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Most people don't complain about a business card if they get a warning. Some of the police hating protesters demand a card just to be annoying, most citizens don't even know the law exists.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4988 users online. 166 members and 4822 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X