300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If at first you don’t succeed.

I’m writing this post for those of you who’ve been told NO more times than yes. I was administratively discharged from the USAF because of false statements and slander. I was upset for several years, mad at myself for trusting people who didn’t have my best interest in mind, mad at the fact that my dream career came to a crashing end, and mad that I had let my family down. When I got out I did have a plan and I followed it, went to college (no GI bill), worked in the private sector and did well, using my skill set and my want for success to reach higher and higher. I just received news that I was selected for a PD that I anticipated working for when I got out anyway and my dream of law enforcement was back on track. I was told no repeatedly, because of this blemish, however someone saw in me what I saw in myself. I write this to give those on this forum hope, hope that you can be whatever you want to be so long as you put in the work. I see posts on here of people berating others without knowing their character, all I can say to that is if you saw yourself in their shoes would you be as critical? In this life anything is possible, and I am a product of hard work and dedication. I agree that LE isn’t for most people however, I believe that those who are meant for the profession will have their seat at the table.

Congrats on your being selected and for your dedication and determination! Wishing you the best!!

Comment

VC805 Thank you, i start soon and i haven't been able to get this smile off of my face since i heard the news lol.

Comment

That's awesome to hear! Congratulations and stay safe brother.

Comment

• UsafSFJoel
          UsafSFJoel commented
          Editing a comment
          Thank you sir!

I really wish I was as lucky as you are. I have an honorable discharge but have been rejected from over 30 agencies all across the country because of an arrest that I WASNT EVEN CHARGED FOR in the end while in the military.

Comment

• UsafSFJoel
          UsafSFJoel commented
          Editing a comment
          I can honestly say i feel you on that, my discharge was Under Honorable conditions General Discharge and i really didn't get a fair shake. You know like i know that in the UCMJ you don't need much if any evidence to put you away. My advice to you, is to continue to look for agencies maybe even a very small one and tell them your situation be as honest and as forthcoming as possible and see what they say. Maybe even consider out of state or even a state agency, maybe something on the juvenile side to get your experience and training if nothing else. The only other thing i can say is to be persistent and don't let the dream die. I do not know what your specific situation is and i wouldn't ask however, just don't give up.

"Permanence, perseverance and persistence in spite of all obstacles, discouragements, and impossibilities: It is this, that in all things distinguishes the strong soul from the weak"- Thomas Carlyle

Congratulations and thank you for the inspiration

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9898 users online. 458 members and 9440 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X