• Show
Clear All

• Rick Stevens
    replied
    No, I'm interested in the 1811's.

Leave a comment:

• Jumpywolf
    commented on 's reply
    Is this for the land management leo position?

• Rick Stevens
    replied
    Anybody heard anything? I interviewed about six weeks ago, but nothing since.

Leave a comment:

• Ratatatat
    commented on 's reply
    Of course it took two years. Current roster of clown shoe SACs would F up a two-car parade....

• Eliteforce
    commented on 's reply
    You applied in 2019 and just now were interviewed? Geez lol.

• SilFox
    replied
    I received an email which stated they were interested in interviewing me.. I'm surprised as this announcement was from 2019. I responded I was available this week and I interviewed on Monday. Does anyone know what opportunities are available in Southern California? The SAC on the panel mentioned it might be May before select I'll be are made.

Leave a comment:

• Ratatatat
    replied
    Impotent and irrelevant. Two words that best describe today's OLE.

The descent began about twelve, fifteen years ago, when management made a 'slight shift in priorities' from domestic wildlife investigations to global trafficking. Sounds noble and ambitious, but the end result has been failure, for a variety of reasons. One, OLE (with 1/10 the number of attache' offices of other agencies) lacks even a semblance of global infrastructure. Second, OLE lacks the fundamental institutional knowledge of how global commerce works (ask a typical fws agent about Incoterms- i.e.- the international rules of trade- and at best you'll get a 'wha?' and a dumb look). Third, OLE lacks administrative tools like customs summons and export enforcement subpoenas needed to compel suspect importers and exporters for documents and information. Like I said, impotent and irrelevant.

What remains is an empty husk of an agency which overcompensates in a feeble attempt to keep from becoming totally obsolete. When someone from Africa shows up at an international terminal with an ivory carving, what was once a $500 violation notice is now a *big case*. Surveillance, trash pulls, interviews with neighbors, on and on, all in hopes of establishing the tourist was actually a major player on the world stage of wildlife trafficking. Any of you who have taken down heavy hitters or serious crews will snicker at what they consider a *big case*.

Nature abhors a vacuum though so internal drama has filled the airspace formerly occupied by competence and function (this outfit loves drama queens like houseflies love Mike Pence). They get hired despite all the red flags, are volcanoes of drama at the academy and during FTO, are do-nothing agents with lots of drama for five years, then take their drama to HQ for two years, and wallah, they become GS-14 supervisors who destroy everything they touch with their toxic drama. Eventually they get shelved into a regional office broom closet and clockwatch for $140,000 a year, but there's no real accountability. That only exists for the little people.

If you don't get the call, you're not missing out, unless you like impotence, irrelevance, and endless, unnecessary drama.

Leave a comment:

• Eliteforce
    replied
    I was told by HR that they will probably start making calls to set up interviews end of Feb/early March.

Leave a comment:

• HunterBrockriede
    replied
    I received the referred email as well. We shall see what happens.

Leave a comment:

• Grey De Leon
    replied
    I got the same email, the waiting begins.

Leave a comment:

• Eliteforce
    replied
    Received an eligible/referred. Let’s see where it goes though.

Leave a comment:

• JamoStu
    commented on 's reply
    Lol me too

• joisey_boy
    replied
    Got my "eligible/not referred" ratings today for both announcements. Good luck to those of you moving forward.

Leave a comment:

• Ratatatat
    commented on 's reply
    To say OLE management is chickensh*t would be an insult to poultry excrement.

• Ratatatat
    replied
    Reps for Joe Exotic trying to get Trump's attention for a pardon: NYT - Business Insider

‘Team Tiger’ works to free Joe Exotic from prison (fox23.com)

If Potus pardons Joe Exotic.... what a cherry ending to 2020, eh?!

But-- I could see it happening. Joe is the epitome of a certain part of his base, the murder-for-hire charge was rather flimsy, and those weren't endangered tigers he was killing- those were genetic freakazoids like liligers and tiligers and other captive bred tiger-lion progenies.

OLE will be bummed... they sure enjoyed basking in the all media attention this case got....
    Last edited by Ratatatat; 11-26-2020, 07:38 AM.

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4565 users online. 252 members and 4313 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X