Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think calls for interviews already went out. I know someone that turned down the interview. However, I have no other inside knowledge regarding the situation.

Comment

I was referred, but have not received a call for interview. I have state and local LEO and fed 1810 work but no fish and Wildlife experience so I might not be the most desirable candidate.

Comment

• LouisianaK9Cop
        LouisianaK9Cop commented
        Editing a comment
        State/Local, Fed 1811, wildlife smuggling investigation experience...referred but no call either. We either missed the boat or they aren't done calling.

• 1811HopefulDC
        1811HopefulDC commented
        Editing a comment
        really hoping that they just haven't called us yet...

As Ratatat said, USFWS is NOT looking for traditional conservation experience, they are looking to maintain the power structure. USFWS is trying to figure out who will maintain the power structure.

Comment

• Radio Raheem
        Radio Raheem commented
        Editing a comment
        I would've maintained the heck out of the power structure, but noooo!!! I wasn't referred!!

I am a lurker and appreciate everyone who posts. I was referred but have not gotten a call. I am hopeful. Over 20 in fed system Over 17 as an 1811. Looking for a change.

Comment

Originally posted by Thatguythere View Post
        I am a lurker and appreciate everyone who posts. I was referred but have not gotten a call. I am hopeful. Over 20 in fed system Over 17 as an 1811. Looking for a change.
        Your odds are next to nil. Unless you are tight with someone with horsepower, older laterals (35-40 range) are almost never hired.
        The problem is- we give up too easily.

-Thomas Edison

Comment

Friend of mine, fellow 1811, put in and got interview notification last week. He pulled his app after they said if the interview was passed he'd have to go to FLETC for a week on his own dime for additional testing before selections are made, all for a 9. I think, like many others, he wants to get a dream duty station overlooking a mountain somewhere. I grew up about 10 miles from a USFWS duty station, and many years later, you couldn't pay me SES pay to go back. Garbage schools for your kids, crap jobs for your spouse, raging meth heads, the list goes on. I respect that everyone has different circumstances, but the G is pretty jacked up all around. At least in a populated area there are other agencies to bail to, from BFE Arkansas, not so much.

Comment

Heard through the grapevine, 600 applicants were referred and 150 were selected for interviews.

Comment

Can anyone confirm all calls already went out?

Comment

• TXAg17
                TXAg17 commented
                Editing a comment
                Only advice I can give is try contacting HR. Their contact info is in the job announcement.

• 1811HopefulDC
                1811HopefulDC commented
                Editing a comment
                I called and left a message with HR/HC today, I'll let you know what they say if/when they call me back.

The Grizz "Friend of mine, fellow 1811, put in and got interview notification last week. He pulled his app after they said if the interview was passed he'd have to go to FLETC for a week on his own dime for additional testing before selections are made, all for a 9."

If they make candidates pay their own way to fletc that is going to seriously cut down on quality applicants. If you live in the Southeast, it wouldn't be a big deal to jump in the car and drive down there, but if you live out west you are looking at a $1,000+ travel bill for a maybe. I could see that if they actually offered a tentative position and gave the applicant their Duty station, it would be acceptable. Outside of that, I think most people would drop out instead of paying that large amount of money. It is tough on the pocketbook to buy a last-minute flight to Brunswick.

Comment

Was told duty location preference sheet is given at the interview, then after passing the testing at FLETC you would be given a conditional offer. Seems like a lot of drama.

Comment

I got the call for an interview last week. The attachment in the interview request email stated travel expenses for the interview were at my cost and made no mention of me paying for the 1 week assessment at FLETC. I guess time will tell.

Comment

• 1811_WannaBe
                    1811_WannaBe commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Did they indicate what the testing at FLETC would entail? Seems like a long time for assessments.

• JB Smoove
                    JB Smoove commented
                    Editing a comment
                    No, the call was only for the interview. Nothing was mentioned about the 5 days at Club Fed.

Originally posted by The Grizz View Post
                  Friend of mine, fellow 1811, put in and got interview notification last week. He pulled his app after they said if the interview was passed he'd have to go to FLETC for a week on his own dime for additional testing before selections are made, all for a 9. I think, like many others, he wants to get a dream duty station overlooking a mountain somewhere. I grew up about 10 miles from a USFWS duty station, and many years later, you couldn't pay me SES pay to go back. Garbage schools for your kids, crap jobs for your spouse, raging meth heads, the list goes on. I respect that everyone has different circumstances, but the G is pretty jacked up all around. At least in a populated area there are other agencies to bail to, from BFE Arkansas, not so much.
                  Drop to GS-9 for a year, then 11 for a year, then journeyman 12 for career (13 only if they really really like you). It would be a step backwards for any current 1811-13...

And if you're a case maker used to putting big hitters away, be aware not every USAO considers wildlife a high priority. Your big case won't get much in the way of prosecutorial attention because 50 kilos of captive-bred red eared sliders ain't the same as 50 kilos of fentanyl. Management may not care though and now you're 'that guy'. No one wants to be 'that guy.'

RE: dream station out where the deer and antelope play, beneath the purple mountains majesty. That's simply not reality. Most stations are in big cities and ports. Your more likely to be spending your days in the bowels of an airport looking at bush meat and monkey skulls than atop a steed on some windswept ridge in Idaho...

Don't believe the hype.

-Thomas Edison

Comment

• Radio Raheem
                    Radio Raheem commented
                    Editing a comment
                    "Your more likely to be spending your days in the bowels of an airport looking at bush meat and monkey skulls than atop a steed on some windswept ridge in Idaho.."

Dude, you are the Tennessee Williams of officer.com!!! HAHAHAHA!!! You had me at bush meat!

• Evolution81
                    Evolution81 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    ...LOL...Tell it like it is my brother!..LOL....grass aint always greener...

Don't believe everything you hear (or read). Negative feedback will always be louder than positive - that's true of everything in life.

The advice to contact HR is solid. Just know it's a very small HR office and they're crazy busy. So when they don't get back to you swiftly or don't have much info for you, don't be too surprised. I'd still call. Just know going in it's going to be generic and slow.

It's never a bad idea to call an OLE office near you / where you want to go, and talk with an agent. We can't answer all your questions or take every single call, but most agents will do their best to give you a few honest answers. If it's an HR question, like why wasn't I referred, the agent does not have an answer for you. Sorry. But if it's work related stuff, give a call. What can it hurt?!

The numbers game sucks. No getting around it. The downside of applying for a small outfit.

Good luck to all that interview. For those referred who have yet to get a call, keep the faith. They're still filling interview slots.

For those who weren't referred, keep at it. We're approved for another class next year.

Comment

• 1811_WannaBe
                    1811_WannaBe commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Solid advice. Time to beef up next years resume!

• Radio Raheem
                    Radio Raheem commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Would we have to apply again? Would we get a chance to update information?

• 1811HopefulDC
                    1811HopefulDC commented
                    Editing a comment
                    really appreciate it. I hate the numbers game....I have applied to over 100 spots and have been referred to about 70% but only 3 interviews. Still waiting on final selection for one, One takes over two years for the whole process. and the third told me that while I as a great candidate I haven't completed CITP yet so I wouldn't be selected and should look and "entry level agencies"

hopefully they give me a call.

I got all the way to an academy date with USSS back in 2012, but they cancelled all of the hiring and changed the hiring and fitness standards so myself and about 30 others all were told we would have to reapply.....

"Don't believe everything you hear (or read)." Absolutely. And don't believe the hype either, as in this is the best gig in LE, the agency is awesome, etc., because you will be greatly disappointed when the fa├žade crumbles and reality rears its ugly head. This is more like a weird cult with weird cult-like dynamics than a professionally run LE agency. Now everywhere has it's quirks and it's negative aspects but the bottom line is the American taxpayer is getting very little return on its investment, it's a near total mission fail and a toxic, dysfunctional mess. What's funny is hearing managers talk into the echo chamber about how great their leadership is. No wonder morale is next to zero.....

Yeah good luck getting a 'few honest answers' by calling your local agent. The low dirty truth is, once you remove the lickspittles and the toadies, the likely 'honest answer' you would get from rank and file would be DONT DO IT or GO SOMEWHERE ELSE or GOD HELP YOU IF YOU DO GET ON.

-Thomas Edison

Comment

A week at FLETC on your own dime as part of the application process, not even a tentative offer, you can't be serious. Is that really a thing?

Comment

• 1811HopefulDC
                      1811HopefulDC commented
                      Editing a comment
                      A week is a long time, but not uncommon to have a multiple day interview process. I have done a three day on my own dime. The first day was the interviews, then if you passed you to a follow-up written exam, and the third day was the PT test. But I was an out of state applicant and they condensed it so I only had to make one trip. IDK what else you would do other than maybe the polygraph in the same time period.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4930 users online. 221 members and 4709 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X