300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Piko View Post
    Yes, every 1811 agency has its issues but I would submit based on size of 1811 FTEs and number of issues, USFWS has to be the absolute worst. To think I wasted my money and time to sit through a 3-day hiring panel of incompetent managers (see lawsuit pdf) who already had their nepotism picks selected and were just going through the OPM motions. What a slap in the face to qualified applicants, not to mention qualified veteran and 1811 applicants.

Amazing reading the levels of incompetence in that lawsuit filing. I recognized some of the names in there and had no idea they were dealing with all that. To think you have to retire early to escape that hostile work environment. What a shame.

They don't fly you out on their dime like they due for their uniform LEO's?

Comment

• Originally posted by hawaiitexas View Post

Where are you seeing the locations?
    LOCATIONS: Multiple vacancies in major cities surrounding our eight SAC offices. SAC offices are located in Portland, OR; Albuquerque, NM; Minneapolis, MN; Atlanta, GA; Hadley, MA; Lakewood, CO; Anchorage, AK; Sacramento, CA.

That was pulled directly from the announcement under the requirements section.

Comment

• Any word or emails?
      OUT!!

Comment

• I am currently at FLETC with another agency. I saw the new USFWS Special Agent class. They wear black shirts with the USFWS logo and green pants. Every time I see them, all I can do is chuckle and think about what Ratatat said about that job.

I guess they are in for a rude awakening or maybe they are new members of the cult, as Ratatat puts it...lol

Comment

• Originally posted by hangman View Post
          I am currently at FLETC with another agency. I saw the new USFWS Special Agent class. They wear black shirts with the USFWS logo and green pants. Every time I see them, all I can do is chuckle and think about what Ratatat said about that job.

I guess they are in for a rude awakening or maybe they are new members of the cult, as Ratatat puts it...lol

Their brainwash began on Day One when agency reps welcomed them to SABS and told them they were the best of the best and the tip of the spear of wildlife LE (even though half of them probably didn't know a wood duck from a woodchuck.....)

Those little uniforms are part of the indoctrination, as in "Look at us. We don't wear smurf suits like the rest of you proles. Don't you wish you were elite like us?"

For the next 12 weeks, the new agents will bask in the attention of other students. CBP and BOP and even other 1811s will fawn over them. Random people in chow line will ask "What's your background?" to get insight on who gets hired. Random people in the locker room tell them they would give up their first born child to be a fws agent.

That magical aura of elitism and exceptionalism- cultivated from day one- will last for awhile, maybe even a few years. But eventually truth burns away fog and reality will become clear: they are working for a largely dysfunctional low accountability organization which promotes and protects its' very worst....

The Greeks had a special word for the current regime management: kakistocracy ('government by the least competent').

Chance favors the prepared mind.

-Louis Pasteur

Comment

• Ratatatat
            Ratatatat commented
            Editing a comment
            Institutional arrogance. Rudderless national strategies. Decision makers who were absolute zeros in the field. Total failure by upper management to address problem managers i.e- full blown alcoholics, non-homicidal sociopaths, Asperger types, on and on. Nepotism is rampant. *Insiders* can do no wrong, *Outsiders* are destroyed. FWS OLE's problems are DEEPLY ingrained.

• Radio Raheem
            Radio Raheem commented
            Editing a comment
            I actually read as much as I could of that court case you referenced a couple pages back, and it was an eye opener...to say the least! It actually reminds me of the old Border Patrol; however, the Patrol has significantly toned down over the years due to a parent agency swap (DOJ to DHS) and additional funding and oversight (government and public). Also, from what I hear from retired officers, Customs was like that as well, but the change from Treasury to DHS forced a change in culture.

• Ratatatat
            Ratatatat commented
            Editing a comment
            Because of its small size and specialty niche, OLE largely flies under the radar when it comes to oversight. However, whenever there is any scrutiny (such as PEER or DOI IG), the findings are always damning.

The best thing that could happen- on behalf of wildlife, on behalf of the American taxpayer, on behalf of basic common sense- would be to dismantle OLE completely. Shift all international cases to HSI, an agency which actually has an international infrastructure in place, not the farce OLE has. Shift domestic cases to state agencies, which is pretty much how it is anyway. This will never happen, at least not as long as they can keep up the charade.
            Last edited by Ratatatat; 01-09-2020, 11:15 AM.

• BostonSawx
            BostonSawx commented
            Editing a comment
            What Attache offices are FWS OLE in?

• Is there anything new to share?
          OUT!!

Comment

• Hiring 30 total, which is a lot, but need to fill the spots from all the people who quit in disgust or retire the first day of eligibility.

-Louis Pasteur

Comment

• Thank you for your interest in Criminal Investigator, GL-1811-9, with U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service.

Estimated hiring timeline for Criminal Investigator positions located in Office of Law Enforcement is listed below:
              January/March 2020 - HR Review Applications
              April 2020 - Subject Matter Panel review/rate application
              April/May 2020: Referral list issued to hiring officials; email notifications sent to applicants
              May/June/July 2020: Interview process
              July/August 2020: Selections

Comment

• Radio Raheem
                Radio Raheem commented
                Editing a comment
                I got same email. I got that email last time, and nothing came of it.

• Ratatatat
                Ratatatat commented
                Editing a comment
                "The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result."

-Albert Einstein

• So...nothing?
              OUT!!

Comment

• So...this is how it works...

1/3 of a class will be from the Have To Hire group. Military veterans, applicants from under-represented groups, people with political connections, and box openers at airports (aka Wildlife Inspectors). They have already been contacted.

1/3 of a class will be from the Friends and Family group. Descendants of retired agents (this outfit is really big on the family legacy thing, even if your old man was a turd), and offspring of SACs and RACs best drinking buddies. They have already been contacted.

The final third will be the Random Winner group, i.e. shotgunners who apply to every 1811 job, whether it be for FBI, FDIC, IRS, GSA, TSA, SIGTARP, or Department of Transportation OIG. Getting an 1811 job is kinda like playing the lotto, and the more you play, the greater the odds of winning. This group of golden ticket holders has already been contacted.

So... if you are hearing crickets right now, it's because you don't fall into one of these groups.

-Louis Pasteur

Comment

• Radio Raheem
                  Radio Raheem commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thanks for the information. Back to the drawing board. I guess I need to go drinking with some RACs.

• Ratatatat
                  Ratatatat commented
                  Editing a comment
                  That's not how it works.

Your dad needs to be a best drinking buddy. For the past 20 years.

This is a very exclusive club with very unique rules of operation.

• Radio Raheem
                  Radio Raheem commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Going through my dad's roledex as we speak.

• Will the popularity of The Tiger King increase interest/applications ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Sports21 View Post
                  Will the popularity of The Tiger King increase interest/applications ?

Great question.

Maybe. Doesn't most everybody want to save those magnificent beasts from people like Joe Exotic??

It's shameful that only 5,000 tigers are left in the wild but 15,000 are in captive facilities. Roadside attractions are the worst... at least zoos are non-profit and have ethical standards....

But... keep in mind Tiger King is a very unique set of circumstances. Had Joe paid a vet to euthanize the five tigers instead of plugging them himself with his.357, he would've only gotten in trouble for attempting to hire to kill Carole.

And keep in mind captive bred-endangered species investigations generally rank very low on the priority list. This situation was so out of control that any charges to put an end to the shenanigans were warranted. Kinda like taking Al Capone down for tax evasion.

There was a moment in the final episode that captured the irony... when Joe's former campaign manager commented on all the money spent on lawsuits and the investigation... and how those millions of dollars could have been used to protect the 5,000 cats still in the wild. That summed it up perfectly.

-Louis Pasteur

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7307 users online. 395 members and 6912 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X