Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New posting today. The job looks interesting - I'll give it a shot!

Comment

• ETX1811Hopeful
      ETX1811Hopeful commented
      Editing a comment
      Winter_Patriot Thank you for the information. I just completed the online assessments. Guess I'll be taking the proctored exam in about.... 3 months or so!

• Winter_Patriot
      Winter_Patriot commented
      Editing a comment
      I applied July and did my assessment a few weeks later. It was another six or seven months before I interviewed. The real slowdown is what happens after the tentative offer (medical, background, actually getting a final offer / getting selected for a FLETC class).

• SDM8492
      SDM8492 commented
      Editing a comment
      DEA Diversion Investigators go through the Basic Diversion Investigator Training Program for initial training. From the DEA website:

"The BDITP training is a 12-week school conducted at the Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) Academy in Quantico, Virginia. The 12-week program familiarizes trainees with the pharmaceutical and chemical industry, and emphasizes the goal of preparing students to conduct effective diversion investigations.

The program consists of classroom instruction and numerous practical exercises designed to challenge a student’s newly-acquired knowledge and skills. BDITP training is a rigorous and demanding curriculum that incorporates technological, legal, and investigative instruction. Case studies, with varying degrees of complexity, are also used through the course. Other areas covered include: retail pharmacy, distributor, and manufacturer operations; auditing techniques; report writing; security issues; pharmaceutical and chemical control; drug scheduling; and pharmaceutical identification."

• Winter_Patriot
      Winter_Patriot commented
      Editing a comment
      Reportedly the BDITP training is more intellectually challenging than the DEA basic agent course. But there's no BIDTP physical fitness/training requirement.

Tentative offers are going out for the summer 2020 vacancy announcement.

Comment

Received referral for testing today for July 2021 posting. Any tips/advice outside of the information contained within the study guide?

Comment

Originally posted by ETX1811Hopeful View Post
        Received referral for testing today for July 2021 posting. Any tips/advice outside of the information contained within the study guide?
        I got the test email as well, will be testing Monday, any luck on additional study material?

Comment

I’m out of the process so I can talk about the test. Math is harder than any POST type test but you do have a calculator.

Know how to convert different units of measurement. During an audit, 5,000 10mg pills of Xanax are missing as well as 20,000 5mcg pills of some other drug. Which quantity is greater?

there is also a written portion. You may need to justify a decision, such as explaining why a new policy or drug should or should not be approved.

Comment

• ETX1811Hopeful
            ETX1811Hopeful commented
            Editing a comment
            Thank you! I am reading through the large thread over on FedSoup to decide if I want to proceed. Like any position, there seem to be many pro's & con's

Just got a call to schedule the interview today.

Comment

• Winter_Patriot
            Winter_Patriot commented
            Editing a comment
            The hiring process is a trainwreck in terms of communication. The interview is straightforward though.

Meh, that’s Fed. Are you in the process as well?

Comment

Got the email a few days ago.

”You are ineligible to proceed in the hiring process because you did not attain the overall minimum score on the required assessments for this position.”

I took the proctored test back in July I think? Heard nothing until now. Thought I did pretty well too.

Comment

• Winter_Patriot
              Winter_Patriot commented
              Editing a comment
              This is a garbage process, terrible communication all the way through. I did receive a tentative offer and HR made a disaster of everything, they could only provide conflicting answers at every juncture. Happy to be out of the process and with an 1811 agency.

• SDM8492
              SDM8492 commented
              Editing a comment
              DEA HR spends 95%+ of its time on 1811s. DI and Intel hiring has been notorious for ages.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4182 users online. 273 members and 3909 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X