Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pop the popcorn and get ready for a long wait ladies and gents. Federal Soup is a better forum to follow for this job. DEA WILL NOT send out NOR's after testing. The only way you will know if you passed is if you 1. Call and ask 2. Get a random phone call months later asking to schedule you for the Panel Interview. LONG, LONG, LONG wait for this job. Unless they change things, You will be fortunate to complete the process in less than 2 years. Most people are waiting 2-4 years. PM me if you have questions.

Comment

Any updates fellas??

Comment

Negative. Also a part of FederalSoup like AZ suggested and most individuals being placed now are late 2015/early 2016 applicants. A glimmer of hope was hearing multiple sources say they are attempting accelerated processing of later groups, which we would fall into. Fingers crossed we may get 8n to before 2019 end, though 2020 seems more accurate.

Comment

• Justwaiting22
          Justwaiting22 commented
          Editing a comment
          My good friend just graduated as a DI from the academy at the beginning of December.... She told me “All DI classes are full for 2019 and they looking to fill classes for 2020”. That is the latest I’ve heard.

Hey there all! I'm not sure who else is still following things here, but I received a call from the Denver Field Office to let me know I'm being pushed for my panel, but I was sent to the wrong Field Office based on my current location, so to expect another call soon regarding the date/location of the interview. I hope others are hearing back as well!

Comment

• Rooster13
          Rooster13 commented
          Editing a comment
          Hello,
          I had my interview on 03/29, and I haven’t been told if I passed or not yet. Don’t know if that’s common or not.

Well Rooster, it seems we wait.....some more. Hahaha

Comment

Originally posted by FinCrimesJD View Post
          Hey there all! I'm not sure who else is still following things here, but I received a call from the Denver Field Office to let me know I'm being pushed for my panel, but I was sent to the wrong Field Office based on my current location, so to expect another call soon regarding the date/location of the interview. I hope others are hearing back as well!
          Just email the address on the job announcement. They will usually get back with you with in the 24 hours and tell you if you passed or not. They will then proceed to tell you that it is a "very, very, long process"... with "no time frames for the next steps". Sit back and enjoy the ride..

Comment

Thanks AZ. The DI already did that for me same day. Probably the fasted movement related to the position currently. Haha

I ended up interviewing in Minnesota during the Final 4. Things went well. Just waiting for the COE and Background packet. In hoping more of us on here and on FedSoup will be pushing forward together.

Comment

Anyone hear anything or see any movement on the recent graduate and open to public announcement for 2020?

Comment

• Camelbak
                Camelbak commented
                Editing a comment
                I tested back in May and haven't heard anything yet. On Fed Soup, they said they are trying to get test results out this month.

• DOTfed20
                DOTfed20 commented
                Editing a comment
                Thanks for the info, it seems you only hear back if you get selected for an interview, but I still haven't heard anything on my end

Received a testing invite today, applied about 4-5 weeks ago.

Anyone know if color vision requirement is waiverable, or you can take an alternative vivid color test? I failed the plate test for the military twice, but MEPS did let me take a vivid color test, which I passed and was able to get qualified for airborne school with.

Comment

How about locations and having to move often? I know you have to sign a mobility agreement.

Comment

Got called for a panel interview today so things are moving!

Comment

• FederalDreams
                    FederalDreams commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Congrats! When did you complete the proctored assessment?

• Bentley32
                    Bentley32 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I took the exam back in May.

• FederalDreams
                    FederalDreams commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I did as well. Fingers crossed I hear something soon. Good luck on your interview!

• Bentley32
                    Bentley32 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Thank you! I hope you hear something soon.

I received the call for a panel interview today then email for confirmation.

Anyone know how long a hiring decision may take? The email says a few 6 to 8 weeks, but it being the gov I wouldn't be surprised if it takes more than a couple of months.
                  Last edited by DOTfed20; 08-18-2020, 07:31 PM.

Comment

• Bentley32
                    Bentley32 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Were offered a video based interview or just in person?

• DOTfed20
                    DOTfed20 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    video based

• Winter_Patriot
                    Winter_Patriot commented
                    Editing a comment
                    On the FederalSoup DI thread (like 200 pages), most people were hearing back within a couple months of their panel interview. It sounds like the background investigation part and waiting for an academy date are the phases that can take years.

Anyone have issues with the proctored exam today? My essay closed early, before my time was up. I was basically done and just proofreading it at that point. Hopefully it saved.

Is it still another 4-6 weeks before we can expect to hear about a possible review?

Comment

To date, my timeline is as follows:

Application: 3/09/2020
                    Online assessments: 03/09/2020
                    Exam taken: 5/23/2020
                    Call for interview: 08/18/2020
                    Interview: 08/28/2020
                    Conditional offer: ?
                    Background packet: ?
                    Medical: ?
                    BI: ?
                    Final Offer: ?

Comment

Does anyone know if DEA does reciprocity with other BI’s done by OPM? or does the DEA send their own man to complete the top secret BI?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4919 users online. 305 members and 4614 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X