Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Deportation Officer (DAL-ERO-10214872-DH-BH)

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Theout
    commented on 's reply
    I been informed that contractors do all of the correctional stuff.

• Rmodel1965
    commented on 's reply
    I'd imagine its like being a corrections officer for the feds. But more paperwork about immigration? But I'm just guessing.

• Stay Frosty
    replied
    What are the duties of a DO at detention centers ?

Leave a comment:

• Kmiech
    commented on 's reply
    Both. Don’t add unnecessary details but get your point across. The whole G knows the CBP poly is a joke. I passed one for ICE and ATF but not CBP. Just be prepared to take one for this job.

• Wnsh490
    commented on 's reply
    Another quick question that this raises, am I explaining what factors could have led to a failed result (nervousness)? or explaining why I literally am not a second-coming pablo escobar who uses steroids lol.

• NCG128
    replied
    Personally I think it’s going to be hard for them to fill these vacancies. I’m hoping I get in-I’m trying to get to either Philly, NJ or NYC

Leave a comment:

• Kmiech
    commented on 's reply
    Yeah Calitown is 100% wrong on this. I am currently employed in this position and previously “failed” a CBP poly. Be prepared to explain what happened and take one for ICE.

• Mike248
    replied
    Would it be okay to apply at 20 years of age for their hiring process? I turned 20 yesterday lol.

Leave a comment:

• FNG41YR
    commented on 's reply
    Calitown is wrong here. Failing a poly for one agency isnt the end of the world. Poly's are BS but you arent doomed if you fail one.

• Wnsh490
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks I've been to FLETC and met plenty of people who failed polys and were there for other agencies. One individual said he failed the fbi poly and passed the atf poly a month later and came to FLETC so I'm not worried.

• Theout
    commented on 's reply
    You won’t be denied - but they most likely (99%) will select you to take another one and you will have to explain why you failed the CBP one .
    People fail poly for one agency but pass it later on and get hired by another agency.

Don’t listen to people telling you that you will be denied out of the hat. Don’t be discouraged . Just be prepared to be questioned about it and be truthful.
    Last edited by Theout; 11-14-2019, 07:12 PM.

• Stay Frosty
    commented on 's reply
    What do officers do at detention centers ? Is it like correctional work ?

• Calitown
    commented on 's reply
    It won't prevent you from applying, however good luck on trying to get through the backgrounds w/ that. You'll most definitely be denied and have to appeal the decision.

• FEDDI
    commented on 's reply
    I know it’s ridiculous. It happened to me in 2015 when I applied for ERO. Now when I apply I check off every location just incase so I can say no later. If you’re not changing you’re responses and just need to add paperwork, email HR with the docs and they can add them to your file

• Houston713
    replied
    Originally posted by FEDDI View Post
    Yes, don’t do it when they limit the applicant pool to a certain #. I’ve made that mistake before and got screwed.
    That’s just wrong! If you are just “updating” your application why wouldn’t they keep record of your initial application?

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10710 users online. 363 members and 10347 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X