Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Deportation Officer (DAL-ERO-10214872-DH-BH)

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Was there ever a date range given for the pending ERO announcement?

Comment

• What was everyones timeline from app to final call?

Comment

• got TO in September, Medical and Physical both in December and a polygraph i did in Feb. Pretty much it for me so far. wbu?

Comment

• Can anyone give any insight how the academy is. How are the test? Are they hard?

Comment

• emtguy89
            emtguy89 commented
            Editing a comment
            It's a lot easier than a metro or state police academy. More like college with a fake gun, shooting classes, and gym time. PT varies a bit depending on who is running it, some instructors like to run, some like CrossFit-type exercises. Either way show up in shape.

Tests aren't bad, essentially "open book" but you need to know how to use the resources they give you for the test. I won't give more detail than that but if you get hired you'll know exactly what I mean after the first week of class. If you go to an office that isn't a CF then you'll have pre-academy classes, PT, etc to prepare you and you'll be fine. The instructors are really good and will help you as much as they can, instead of partying and chasing tail, study. This is a $100k-$150k a year job and very easy, don't **** it away because you would rather chase a FLETC fatty than to study.

• zombiemap
            zombiemap commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks for the info man! I really appreciate all the heads up. Waiting on the offer now

• any intel on the next announcement for 2022?

Comment

• I applied in Jan 2020 with a September 2020 EOD.

Comment

• Anyone had any movement?

Completed the physical 02/23

Comment

• InWeITrust
                InWeITrust commented
                Editing a comment
                Negative, completed my PT at a local field office on 12/14. Did they medical/drug test in November.

Haven’t heard anything since

• anyone know how the work schedule is like for deportation officer?

Comment

• InWeITrust
                InWeITrust commented
                Editing a comment
                Historically, M-F weekends and holidays off

• zombiemap
                zombiemap commented
                Editing a comment
                Thanks man.

• Cleanguy15
                Cleanguy15 commented
                Editing a comment
                My office is a 24hr 7 days a week with some departments M-F

• Usually either Fri-Sat off or Sun-Mon. Your work Sundays you get extra Sunday pay- more tenured guys usually get that schedule.

Comment

• zombiemap
                zombiemap commented
                Editing a comment
                Thanks man. Never could find it online

• emtguy89
                emtguy89 commented
                Editing a comment
                Like he said, banker's hours, but there are some units that work evenings (3-11, 4-12) and a very few that are 24/7, so a possibility of overnights. You get night diff, Sunday diff, etc.

• Exbpa340
                Exbpa340 commented
                Editing a comment
                The bulk of DOs across the nation work M-F day shift. Much will depend on duty location and unit/section.

• deleted...
              Last edited by jamesch20; 03-29-2022, 06:03 PM.

Comment

• I’m sure per office (detained or non-detained) has an impact on schedules/ hours too. Every office has units that work M-F and ice is working on a telework policy too.

Comment

• Spoke to someone at the security department & they informed me that my case/paperwork was sent over to the EOD Dept at the end of Feb. & my case still hasn’t been assigned to an investigator.

They said that usually takes about 1.5 months to be assigned so I’m hopeful this get some updates this month.

Looks like I’m still a couple months out from receiving an EOD & academy date. May be an entire year from when I applied to received the call/offer. Applied late June 2021.

Comment

• Hey,

I have done some research but haven't been able to find a clear answer. Do current CBP LEOs with passed polygraph within the last 3 years (if this matters) have reciprocity with the ICE polygraph?
                    Last edited by NTEUMember; 04-07-2022, 02:22 PM.

Comment

• fathitman
                      fathitman commented
                      Editing a comment
                      It looks to be pretty random at the moment. The only guys I know for sure that did not do the poly were the new hires that jumped to ERO right after getting back from the academy.

• NTEUMember
                      NTEUMember commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Hey thank you for your time! I appreciate it. Let's see!

• I had an academy start date of 04/26/2022 but I ended up taking a different gig. I’m here at FLETC now, if anyone has questions or wants to be shown around when you get here, feel free to message me!

Comment

• CardsfanAZ
                      CardsfanAZ commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Which office where you headed to with ICE?

• Calitown
                      Calitown commented
                      Editing a comment
                      802 Wise choice...ERO isn't what it use to be.

802 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I had a lot with the Boston Field Office (Burlington, MA).

• I’m a current 1801/ GS12 LEO. I receive AUO in my position and was wondering how AUO is handled for DOs, is it dependent upon the location and supervisors? I know within my agency no one really seems to understand how AUO truly works, it’s treated more like LEAP. Also, do DOs receive a take home car? Sorry if these have all been answered before. Thanks

Comment

• Calitown
                      Calitown commented
                      Editing a comment
                      1. depends on the field office, some field offices have been decertified.
                      2. Vast majority of DO's do not have take home rides, especially if you work in the main field office. Our FUG op, SRT, and some ATD teams get them.

• CardsfanAZ
                      CardsfanAZ commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Conflicting information
                      Last edited by CardsfanAZ; 04-28-2022, 09:02 AM. Reason: Conflicting information

• SGT. Smoke
                      SGT. Smoke commented
                      Editing a comment
                      LEAP is not guaranteed and you still have to account for your hours monthly and certify annually.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3535 users online. 248 members and 3287 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X