Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Deportation Officer (DAL-ERO-10214872-DH-BH)

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Profpride21 View Post
    Was just selected for a Poly today and have to fly to TX. I’ve had a TS as of last year and nothing stands out in my background, so I was very surprised.
    I find this real strange, any fed poly I've ever taken was just done through the FO closest by. ICE ERO doesn't have enough polygraphers spread out across the country?

Comment

• Im assuming they don’t. They just informed me to go to TX soon in order to take one. I found it weird too.

Comment

Im assuming they don’t. They just informed me to go to TX soon in order to take one. I found it weird too.
        For such a big agency it definitely is weird. I guess I will be making the call as to whether I'm gonna head to TX for poly if I get the notification - pretty up in the air for me.

Comment

• Whatever you decide, good luck to you! Im sure everything will workout

Comment

• Does everyone take the poly in Texas?

Comment

• Scrolling through past posts, it looks like they hire 1-2 times a year? For those that have applied, is it for large amount of positions or only a few at a handful of locations?

Comment

Was just selected for a Poly today and have to fly to TX. I’ve had a TS as of last year and nothing stands out in my background, so I was very surprised.
                What step is it in the process? Just curious for myself

Comment

• When did notification for poly come for you guys? Should it have came in the same email EQIP/fingerprints came in?

Comment

• Profpride21
                    Profpride21 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    My process is going weird so far: Poly notice, completed my E-Qip, did my fingerprints and PIV card pic today…

• Anyone start the process yet since the TO?

Comment

• InWeITrust
                    InWeITrust commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Nice, I am hopeful to receive some additional information in regards to my drug test and medical sometime this week or next. I also hope they are able to accept my passed poly from (CBP) not even a year ago. I flew to SATX to complete this. Would suck if I need to go back, but, it is what it is.

• jamesch20
                    jamesch20 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Definitely for sure. I've never taken a poly at the fed level just for local pd. From talking to a few people who've been through the process already. The hardest part they say is receiving a TO. Once that happens it's all about patience and if you can pass the rest of the steps favorably, then the Final Offer/EOD will come.
                    Last edited by jamesch20; 09-28-2021, 03:23 PM.

• InWeITrust
                    InWeITrust commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I agree, things will come in due time. Best of luck the rest of the way.

• jamesch20
                    jamesch20 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Same to you. Good luck.

• Did you guys get fingerprint cards in the mail? If so, how long after you completed the e-quip?

Comment

• jamesch20
                    jamesch20 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Probably within a few days after eqip was finished it was mailed.

• I completed it on the 23rd. Hopefully it comes soon

Comment

• Is there a PT test in the process? Is it done at the end?
                    Last edited by dangerr101; 09-29-2021, 12:26 AM.

Comment

• emtguy89
                      emtguy89 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Yes. Push ups, a weird kneel stand test that's pretty easy but you have to follow directions, and a step test. You step up and down from a block according to commands on an MP3 "up, up, down, down". It's not impossible but don't underestimate it. When you get to the academy there's a different PT test...an obstacle course in 2:00 and a 1.5 mile run in 16:30. By graduation you have to run it in 1:45/14:30. Pretty easy.

• I received the Eqip and cards last week.

Comment

• Any word on a new announcement?

Comment

• Does anyone have any thoughts on VA Disability and the Medical portion of the hiring process?

Comment

• jamesch20
                          jamesch20 commented
                          Editing a comment
                          emtguy89 Just for clarification the pre-employment fitness test includes, the Kneel/Stand Test, the Pushup Test, and the Cardiovascular Endurance Step Test. Is the 1.5 mile run including in pre-employment testing or is that for academy purposes? For some reason I was prepared to do all that yesterday after medical, but like you said it has changed.

5149.5 commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Just a couple of points:
                          - As anyone who has been through BIETP can tell you, the pre-employment PT test has very little to do with the PT test at FLETC. There is no wall to climb twice or 1.5mi run in the pre-employment PT. The pre-employment physical and PT test is more about testing your body functions and potential injury limitations rather than whether you are in-shape enough to past FLETC. The latter "should" be determined by field office management and training section prior to shipping to FLETC.
                          - I dont think the contract medical personel that administers the tests are concerned with VA paperwork because they do not make any determinations in that regard. I believe they are contracted to administer a set # of tests and send the results to Dallas. If I remember correctly, Dallas should already have, or will soon request all of your VA disability paperwork and have you sign med disclosure paperwork. Dallas ultimately makes the pass/fail determination and not the contract med center you test at. Also, do not freak out if you are initially "disqualified" due to your VA disability. Dallas should give you a chance to go to your VA doc or personal doc and get a fit-for-duty exam and letter to submit on your behalf.

Good luck everyone

• Calitown
                          Calitown commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Do you even have to disclose such disability?

• emtguy89
                          emtguy89 commented
                          Editing a comment
                          jamesch20 the o course and 1.5 mile run are part of the academy. You take it three times. If you fail the first one, you have to pass the pre-employment PT test again and get remedial PT.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3801 users online. 227 members and 3574 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X