Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Deportation Officer (DAL-ERO-10214872-DH-BH)

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Amonts786 View Post
    anyone forget to submit copy of their driver license? submitted it late. lol hoping this isnt the worst mistake ive ever done
    I just realized I made the same mistake, I just emailed them. I hope they add it tn.

Comment

• jamesch20
      jamesch20 commented
      Editing a comment
      Same we should be good.

• Lukothe4th
      Lukothe4th commented
      Editing a comment
      I hope we are ok, I know a lot forgot it. They would have to cut a lot of selections if they don’t

• jamesch20
      jamesch20 commented
      Editing a comment
      Sending DL was not a requirement, just received an email about it. They're updating their forms. We're good.

• emtguy89
      emtguy89 commented
      Editing a comment
      They absolutely will cut you from the process over minor things even if it's not your fault. That said they are also pretty lenient sometimes, just call Dallas or email them.

• Does TO tell you what location you are going to get or is that after you finish the process

Comment

• my93rx7tt
      my93rx7tt commented
      Editing a comment
      No location

• emtguy89
      emtguy89 commented
      Editing a comment
      In USAstaffing for your onboarding paperwork it might say it on the far right past job title and grade, at least what field office. Otherwise, they'll tell you the exact duty location at your final offer.

• 1. What are the steps after the TO? What order?

2. What does the PT test include? The pdf I found is from several years ago....96bpm 16 inch step test

Comment

• Anyone start the process yet? For the most recent one ?

Comment

• I started my medical. And then got an email to do a polygraph I'm a current CBPO so I was confused on how I got selected for a polygraph but it is what it is.

Comment

• Bbreezie
          Bbreezie commented
          Editing a comment
          Winter_Patriot yeah it maybe just be randomly selected in all honesty so who knows I took one for other agencies as well DEA all that so I mean it's pretty normal to expect a poly in these process now a days

• RoyalMARINE21
          RoyalMARINE21 commented
          Editing a comment
          My union president who is a DO recently informed us that all new officers will be required to take a polygraph in the near future. Maybe it has now taken effect

• Lukothe4th
          Lukothe4th commented
          Editing a comment
          Just something to make the hiring process longer……

• my93rx7tt
          my93rx7tt commented
          Editing a comment
          Not sure if things are any different with medical from before but all medical forms/documents are required before your medical exam now. Third party medical company said it should speed up the process. You submit medical questionnaire and 3rd party company will reply back with documents that are required prior to exam. Think you have 2 weeks to get the requested documents.

• I had a failed polygraph that I’m appealing right now with border patrol. Would I be eligible to apply for ice at the age of 40 or is this basically game over. I have a eod for the processing coordinator position with border patrol next week but it’s not Leo. I’m debating taking it cause the plan was to be a Leo . Any advice

Comment

• SGT. Smoke
          SGT. Smoke commented
          Editing a comment
          The failed poly in itself won't necessarily DQ you, although depending how long ago it most likely will. But 40 is the cutoff unless you have some other qualified time (military) so I would definitely take the other job, you can always accept the LEO position if it somehow works out but don't pass up a fed gig, LEO or otherwise, you may not ever get the opportunity again.

• emtguy89
          emtguy89 commented
          Editing a comment
          If you're running out of time, apply to BOP. They're 6c covered.

• Hello All:

Just want to see if anyone has received any updated news? I received my TO late Aug. 2021. had (3) days to accept and return the packet. Did that, now just waiting. I also emailed them and received a reply stating the pre-employment process will begin within 1-2 weeks and a final offer can take up to 6-8 weeks. Just hoping things begin to move forward soon.

Thanks all

Comment

• jamesch20
          jamesch20 commented
          Editing a comment
          Seems like some are moving faster than others. I've already received my E-QIP and completed it. Did my drug test today as well as fingerprints. My medical is scheduled and I'm gathering documents now for my appointment.

• Bbreezie
          Bbreezie commented
          Editing a comment
          A lot of from what I am hearing is that if your BP, OFO or HSI they are moving a lot of those guys along faster cause it saves money no academy for them. That is just what I heard so who knows ICE hiring is all crazy.

• emtguy89
          emtguy89 commented
          Editing a comment
          BP/OFO/HSI guys still have to do the 5 week DOTP and there isn't one until January as far as I know. That's also the next available BIETP.

• Bbreezie
          Bbreezie commented
          Editing a comment
          emtguy89 yeah they all still have to go but they always eod those guys way ahead cause they can work dockets and case work while waiting.

• The most I see moving forward are current BP, OFO and hsi guys cause they don't have to go to a full academy just a transition class which is barely 4-6 weeks. To save them money so who knows just what I heard. I would not worry about an EOD date they will pull you on when ever it's the govt the do that. If you have to go to the full academy then that's different if your just a transfer from BP, OFO etc then you can EOD anytime.

Comment

• Exbpa340
          Exbpa340 commented
          Editing a comment
          SGT. Smoke Odds are if you are hired you would need to attend the transition course. The only exception would probably be previous DOs (and current ones). So you wouldn’t be able to start day one. You’d have a 1-3 month wait to attend the transition course and then a little over a month of training So realistically 2-4 months before you would even get creds and be able to work as a DO.

• SGT. Smoke
          SGT. Smoke commented
          Editing a comment
          Exbpa340 yep, I fall under the exception you mentioned. Although it will still probably take them a few months to get my creds lined up so still not technically able to work day one. Definitely no academy though, full or partial.

• Exbpa340
          Exbpa340 commented
          Editing a comment
          10-4. Wouldn’t be surprised if it takes a couple of months to get the creds issued.

• Bbreezie
          Bbreezie commented
          Editing a comment
          Exbpa340 I would agree with you about the exception but I know several people that have transferred over from those 3 agencies and without a doubt started working right away could just be the field office or where they are at but who knows. They are not allowed to do field work but just regular case work and documents processing

• Double post

Comment

• . Unless you are a prior DO and applying to be reinstated, OFO/BP/HSI all have to at least attend DOTP if they are current or within 3yrs of leaving the position. Otherwise its back to Glynco for BIETP. If you know of another way to bypass this policy, Id love to hear it. PM me if you dont want it public. Im genuinely curious.
          Nope, that's the only way I know of but it's not considered a reinstatement unless it's a specific announcement geared towards that. Grass ain't always greener... We'll see how quickly things move for the recent lateral announcements that closed but to the original point, it doesn't move you along any faster if you apply to a general announcement and if anyone thinks this agency does things that makes sense out of budgeting concerns, they are in for a rude awakening.
          Last edited by SGT. Smoke; 09-19-2021, 04:55 AM.

Comment

• Bbreezie
            Bbreezie commented
            Editing a comment
            Yeah who knows it's a huge hit and miss for some people there is a guy I work with who EODS in 2 weeks for Houston and was hired in 3-4 months from what he was saying so it is the fed govt so who really knows. I'm sure we all get in some how or another but right now just riding the wave.

• Anyone else waiting still from TSL? I haven’t heard anything since my TSL. I know some already done with Equip.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lukothe4th View Post
            Anyone else waiting still from TSL? I haven’t heard anything since my TSL. I know some already done with Equip.
            Haven't heard anything. I got my TSL way later than a lot of people, so not really worried...yet!

Comment

• Yet! Lol. I’m assuming pretty much we have the job, as long as we can pass the hiring process.

Comment

• Anyone hear about having to fly to TX for a poly? Might be the end of the road for me if I have to fly to take the poly.

Comment

• emtguy89
                  emtguy89 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  A friend and current fed had to fly a few weeks ago. Failed. Really sucks. Polys and CVSAs should be illegal.

• Lukothe4th
                  Lukothe4th commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Federal Poly's do suck......

• Was just selected for a Poly today and have to fly to TX. I’ve had a TS as of last year and nothing stands out in my background, so I was very surprised.

Comment

• Winter_Patriot
                  Winter_Patriot commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Anyone so far who hasn’t had to do a poly?

• emtguy89
                  emtguy89 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Me. But I'm not in the process, already EODed.

• zombiemap
                  zombiemap commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Which location are you hoping to get? And what state are you flying out of. Does everyone have to go to Texas for the poly?

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4294 users online. 277 members and 4017 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X