Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Deportation Officer (DAL-ERO-10214872-DH-BH)

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have until the 08/09 to complete the assessment. I applied midday of the announcement, so I know I wasn't one of the first to apply. I wouldn't worry too much about trying to figure out why you didn't get selected. I applied for this many times before and always got rejection emails. It's a crapshoot.

My experience: Vet, current FLEO, and I'll be done with my master's by the end of the year.

Comment

• Us unvaccinated people just got sent home regardless how far we are In our academies. Fyi

Comment

• Forester87
        Forester87 commented
        Editing a comment
        Any word on if they'll let the unvaccinated people return after the 120 day number that is being thrown around?

• Criso
        Criso commented
        Editing a comment
        Forester87 idk. Nothing was said. Was just told I’m going home. Turned in my stuff. Probably have to restart the whole thing.

• Originally posted by Brooklynsfinest93 View Post
      Idk how they determined were not the best qualified when we all have some awesome work backgrounds and coming from some amazing places in
      Government with a masters or bachelors but ok whatever can’t cry over spilled milk this is the second time I applied for this and I applied within 30 mins too when the posting came out but good luck to those who made it into the process, I feel like HR messed up royally but what do I know that’s my two cents, enjoy the day watch your six and be safe.
      Things to keep in mind on this announcement…

ICE had acquired Direct Hire authority but that appears to have expired. The most announcement included Vet preference (the previous couple of announcements did not). In addition there are very few positions available nationwide after the most recent hiring push and with the current administration I would not be surprised if they scrapped all hiring.

So if you are not a vet with a SC disability the odds of getting picked up could be quite low. There was a span of about 10 years where 90 percent of the hires were Vets or BPAs. That trend changed a bit with DH authority but like I said it appears to have expired.
      “Right now I'm having amnesia and déjà vu at the same time. I think I've forgotten this before.” - Steven Wright

US Army MP (95B) 1992-1997
      DOJ Agent/ DHS Officer 1997 to Present

Comment

• zombiemap
        zombiemap commented
        Editing a comment
        Dam lol. Pointless of applying then

• I had heard there was 3-4 classes running at FLETC in the last couple months. I personally know people who are about to EOD. Might be a bit of a waiting game, but the agency still seems to be hiring.

Personally, I love the job! Good luck to everyone!

Comment

• Originally posted by notoriousjnc View Post
        I had heard there was 3-4 classes running at FLETC in the last couple months. I personally know people who are about to EOD. Might be a bit of a waiting game, but the agency still seems to be hiring.

Personally, I love the job! Good luck to everyone!

Up until January of this year it was a very coveted position. The job today is nothing like it was a few years ago. Currently still offers good pay and a good family life but the job satisfaction/morale is the worst I’ve ever seen. A young intelligent applicant should pursue avenues outside of Immigration Enforcement.
        “Right now I'm having amnesia and déjà vu at the same time. I think I've forgotten this before.” - Steven Wright

US Army MP (95B) 1992-1997
        DOJ Agent/ DHS Officer 1997 to Present

Comment

• FNG41YR
          FNG41YR commented
          Editing a comment
          Agreed with EX. Stay clear of this dumpster fire.

• Bidstar
          Bidstar commented
          Editing a comment
          What agency would you say is a good place starting out? I’m on the process to become a CBPO, and looking into applying to secret service uniformed division and Supreme Court police.

• Exbpa340
          Exbpa340 commented
          Editing a comment
          @Bidstar

A lot depends on personal preference. I would never in a million years want to work USSS UD in Washington. I wouldn’t even consider it but others might feel differently.

If I were on the outside looking in then I would take a CBPO or BPA position. These positions offer non competitive promotion to GS 12 and are career positions (career conditional for the first three years). They are constantly hiring so if you can complete the hiring process you will get selected. The downside is that Immigration Enforcement is in a very ugly place right now and I don’t know if it ever gets better. The left seems to value an illegal alien child rapist over any USC that doesn’t drink their kool aid. In the short term either of those positions would start your covered FERS time and be well compensated. As long as you have the education and a few other things you can then look to spring into another federal LE position. The downside to a that most will have to relocate somewhere on the southern border for these.

The USSS UD is an excepted position and it has its own pay schedule. It could have the potential to offer a slightly better chance of getting picked up as a USSS SA (one of the least coveted 1811 positions) than say that of a CBPO or BPA but they (USSS SAs) seem to have constant openings so I personally think either could provide a pathway there.

https://www.fedsmith.com/2010/11/28/...e-vs-excepted/

• Originally posted by Exbpa340 View Post

Up until January of this year it was a very coveted position. The job today is nothing like it was a few years ago. Currently still offers good pay and a good family life but the job satisfaction/morale is the worst I’ve ever seen. A young intelligent applicant should pursue avenues outside of Immigration Enforcement.
        I do personally understand the current sentiment within the agency. I am rather new. Perhaps I’m still naive, but I’ve really enjoyed it.

Ive been able to stay busy. I’m also surrounded by great coworkers who I really enjoy working with. The opportunities to travel have been there for me also. Which was something I wasn’t able to do before joining ERO. I’m also just extremely grateful that this agency gave me an opportunity.

The current political climate isn’t ideal for us and well docket/atd work isn’t necessarily exciting or high speed. But everything has its ebbs and flows.

Comment

• Exbpa340
          Exbpa340 commented
          Editing a comment
          It’s good to have a positive attitude but I’ve had the privilege of being an immigration officer under 5 presidents and I’ve never seen the shenanigans that we are dealing with currently. Most of you new guys will never understand what it’s really like to be an immigration officer.

• Does anyone have any insight on how the NY and Newark offices are in terms of morale and workload? Trying to get a better picture. Reading through this thread has been pretty helpful.

Comment

• Originally posted by Exbpa340 View Post

Things to keep in mind on this announcement…

ICE had acquired Direct Hire authority but that appears to have expired. The most announcement included Vet preference (the previous couple of announcements did not). In addition there are very few positions available nationwide after the most recent hiring push and with the current administration I would not be surprised if they scrapped all hiring.

So if you are not a vet with a SC disability the odds of getting picked up could be quite low. There was a span of about 10 years where 90 percent of the hires were Vets or BPAs. That trend changed a bit with DH authority but like I said it appears to have expired.
          Very insightful and informative thank you for getting back to me on this, I forgot about vet preference, I already work for the FDA, working towards a investigator/officer position but it’s pretty chill here So who knows I’ll probably do my 20-25 years over here and Retire but I was always interested in ICE but somethings aren’t meant to be but I do appreciate you getting back to me about this. Be safe

Comment

• Double post
            Last edited by darkhorse6; 08-16-2021, 07:15 PM.
            US Army Veteran
            The opinions expressed above are not those of any official capacity or agency. Fix yourself.

Comment

• HR told me today that they most likely will not be issuing out any more start dates from now until after the fiscal year. Still nothing from medical at this point, but she said she would check.
              US Army Veteran
              The opinions expressed above are not those of any official capacity or agency. Fix yourself.

Comment

• Robert_212
                Robert_212 commented
                Editing a comment
                Its a waiting game by the looks of it…smh..The med contractors submitted all my exams results to ICE about a month ago..still waiting on the next step…hopefully an EOD but who knows, maybe i have to do a full background and a Poly. No word on neither yet, Or maybe they are just waiting on DTOP openings. But if no EOD until the next fiscal year, its no worries, that’s just around the corner. Current US Customs officer here!!!..

• darkhorse6
                darkhorse6 commented
                Editing a comment
                I’ll continue cashing OT with my current fed agency until then as well.

• What are normally the next steps after referral? Anyone else get referred today by HR?

Comment

• my93rx7tt
                my93rx7tt commented
                Editing a comment
                Been referred in the past and never heard anything further.

• Camelbak
                Camelbak commented
                Editing a comment
                I also was referred today for the last announcement.

• jamesch20
                jamesch20 commented
                Editing a comment
                Also referred today.

• RoyalMARINE21
                RoyalMARINE21 commented
                Editing a comment
                Same here.

• Yeah I been referred in the past and never heard back. Very common

Comment

• Anyone get a TSL yet?
                Last edited by zombiemap; 08-23-2021, 10:55 PM.

Comment

• SGT. Smoke
                  SGT. Smoke commented
                  Editing a comment
                  For a specific office or just the general you are moving forward notification?

• RoyalMARINE21
                  RoyalMARINE21 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Got a TO this afternoon.

• zombiemap
                  zombiemap commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Which field you guys get it for? jamesch20. RoyalMARINE21

• RoyalMARINE21
                  RoyalMARINE21 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  No duty location information as of yet. That will come later in the process. I did get offered GL-7.

• Originally posted by zombiemap View Post
                Anyone get a TSL yet?
                Unless things are different, you typically get the TSL after the interview and prior to a polygraph (if you are chosen for one), at least that's how it was for me. Of course unless you've already had an interview lol.

Comment

• Anyone know when the next public vacancy announcement will be?

Comment

• Lfreezy
                  Lfreezy commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Gonna be a woman only one soon if that applies to you.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3786 users online. 227 members and 3559 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X